Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

StarClan has abandoned me by sockwearer

Artist sockwearer [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

StarClan has abandoned me

Postby sockwearer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm

it's bluestar! i love her character-wise, however morally i really don't like her because shes done some really bad stuff. oof
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: StarClan has abandoned me

Postby Lies With Needs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:57 pm

I love her oh my gghghghg
mostly inactive, much love <3
Lies With Needs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Lies With Needs wrote:I love her oh my gghghghg

hfjdkdj ye et
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rookie rook » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Your art is just too cute! I love it!
rookie rook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Rookie Cookie wrote:Your art is just too cute! I love it!

aaa thank you dude!! i love your art too <:
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:34 pm

potioncat wrote:it's bluestar! i love her character-wise, however morally i really don't like her because shes done some really bad stuff. oof

spoilers probably
    I can understand losing your faith like she did, after what Tigerstar had did to her, but to treat the clan how she did after the fact in her trauma, and completely abandon all faith and leadership to them was pretty unforgivable. She broke a lot of hope and will of the clan and ripped their faith in one another apart, and on several occasions was being so ridiculous they had to hide things from her, and she ALSO almost led the clan into a COMPLETELY unnecessary war between clans based on pure paranoia without logic. What confuses me as well was when she initially didn't believe Firestar about Tigerstars betrayal, or at least was extremely skeptical about it, when later she herself admitted that he was sent to them by Starclan and she always knew that she could trust him and he would lead them to saving thunderclan. She as a character just frustrated me throughout the whole book.

The only thing she did at the end of her life was make amends with her lost kits and leave Firestar to pick up the pieces of their broken Clan. Sure she followed them to face the dogs but I don't think it was enough redemption for her emotional breakdown bender.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Hyensa wrote:
potioncat wrote:it's bluestar! i love her character-wise, however morally i really don't like her because shes done some really bad stuff. oof

spoilers probably
    I can understand losing your faith like she did, after what Tigerstar had did to her, but to treat the clan how she did after the fact in her trauma, and completely abandon all faith and leadership to them was pretty unforgivable. She broke a lot of hope and will of the clan and ripped their faith in one another apart, and on several occasions was being so ridiculous they had to hide things from her. What confuses me as well was when she initially didn't believe Firestar about Tigerstars betrayal, or at least was extremely skeptical about it, when later she herself admitted that he was sent to them by Starclan and she always knew that she could trust him and he would lead them to saving thunderclan. She as a character just frustrated me throughout the whole book.

yeah! i'd say one of the worst things she did was giving brightheart the name "lostface". it was so unnecessarily cruel to name her such a thing and was just unfair. she can't just let out her anger on others, i understand that she had a sort of downhill mental spiral towards the end of her life but that doesn't justify it.
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:45 pm

potioncat wrote:yeah! i'd say one of the worst things she did was giving brightheart the name "lostface". it was so unnecessarily cruel to name her such a thing and was just unfair. she can't just let out her anger on others, i understand that she had a sort of downhill mental spiral towards the end of her life but that doesn't justify it.

I totally agree! Not to mention how harshly she treated Graystripe when he came back to Thunderclan after being kicked out of Riverclan. He was trying to raise his kits in their mother's clan per their wishes (with a war if he had refused to give them up), when she WELL knew the pain of having to abandon kits in the first place. She knew what she was doing to him, and she knew what she was saying.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me