Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

G o . b a c k . t o . S L E E P by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

G o . b a c k . t o . S L E E P

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 pm

"Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums"

Edit: side by side comparison of the sketch and the final version for fun

I was listening to Counting Bodies Like Sheep when the inspiration for this struck me. Not fully sure how my brain connected that with Mystery Skulls but we're here now I guess?

Timer and drawing sessions aren't right. A lot of time was spent with this sitting open and me not working on it and in the sketching phase I had to switch to ChickenPaint several times to resize some things. Cut both in half and you'd be much closer to what I actually spent on this.

Definitely a really fun experiment with shading, lighting, and silhouettes. I've already posted a couple pictures using similar shading styles. Mostly it was a test to see how well using a non-white color for the highlights on a multiply shading layer would work and using multiple colors for shading / highlighting on the same layer, though this one only has one light source whereas the other two had three.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: G o . b a c k . t o . S L E E P

Postby ultimate writer. » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:54 pm

o o f

Despite hearing so many songs of mystery skulls

Losing my mind and Ghost is still in my heart-
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: G o . b a c k . t o . S L E E P

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:37 am

Big Oof ™

though i've been following mystery skulls animated (at least on youtube) since Ghost dropped it was only super recently (like after Hellbent recently) that i started exploring their other music too. gotta say that Ghost, Hellbent, Every Note, When I'm With You, and Losing My Mind are definitely my favorites

Last bumped by corrosive_limes on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:37 am.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me