The Wizard Knows All

"The Wizard Knows All" by Emburr

Dressup entry

The Wizard Knows All

Postby Emburr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:38 am

The isles of the haunted library called to him, whispering their encouraging words of fortune and knowledge to the lowly traveler. The dog had traveled for days, months even, just to find this trove of treasures. Each book was printed in golden lettering, some printed in languages only a wizard would know. That's what he is, a wizard. Well, more of a novice. But here, he could find the key to what he had been missing, the key to unlocking his true power. Denver's paw brushed every binder of the books, aqua eyes glowing with pride. "Yes," he whispered, "these are my key." His tail swished in happiness, making slow, wandering trips around the many stacked shelves of dark books. Oh what this trove would reveal. Oh what this trove would do, if he just grabbed the right book. The wizard's eyes scanned the title of every book, reading with eager. One of the books caught his eye, a black bound book printed with white lettering. It looked like the cover had been drawn on by a child. Scoffing, he grabbed the book, reading the lettering on the cover. "Hidden..." He muttered, sniffing the book. Dust fogged his nose, causing him to sneeze. "An old book, perhaps?" The dog spoke to no one in particular, flipping open to a random page. Curious eyes scanned the scribbled on page, reading the words as if they were written in his heart. "Secrets and lies, which one will lead you to the truth? A tale foretold in the pages of an ancient scripture, brought to life by the words of one's mouth. Speak with conviction, ye wanderer, and you may know the secrets behind this tale." Suddenly, the book seemed to glow an eerie blue, one that the wizard found pleasant. Only now had he noticed the ring growing around his paws, symbols appearing around it. "Earth, fire, wind, air, sky, psyche, rain, land, spirit, darkness, light..." He began to name each symbol, having learned their meanings at his former academy. One by one, they became alight, turning his pattering blue for a brief moment. Turning to look into a nearby mirror, he gasped at what he saw. His right eye was burning bright with a blue aura, illuminating everything around him. A sinister grin soon found his features, eyes narrowing in thought. "Yes," he hissed out, "this will do just nicely..." He turned on his paws, heading deeper into the library, the book left lying on the floor.
Emburr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me