Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

clothing designs 1 by Raptocidic

Based on Click to view
Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

clothing designs 1

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 am

i honestly find clothing design really challenging. Any tips and tricks that could make designing outfits are definitely welcome!

odly enough i find designing outfits for feral creatures easier than humanoid & anthro

i will color these at some point. i'm likely to keep the second outfit for sure, might keep
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: clothing designs 1

Postby RiN_X04 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 am

you should look for inspiration online and in the real world!
often when i need to design an outfit, i'll look on instagram, pinterest, or even just on google.
i'll find a style i like and take elements of different outfits to add to mine.

another thing i like doing is jotting down outfits i see people wearing that i like in a notebook,
which i can then illustrate from the description.

you should also try not to overdo it, as this can make outfits look cluttered.
yours didn't have this problem, but just be aware.

not related to design, but studying how fabrics fold on the body can help your illustrations look better.
find references to see where the clothing folds in when in the position you're drawing the character in.
Pet's name: Eggs
RiN_X04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 am

thank you, your advice is really helpful, i'll keep those things in mind in the future. ^^
i really like the notebook idea!
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:15 am

tried the notepad idea but with things i observed in nature, i spend very little time around people (oopss). actually works really well, thanks for that tip! also noticed that since i last visited, my local park has had a return of water voles, which i great. apparently we used to get lots of them as well as kingfishers, but due to over-excessive cutting of their habitat to make way for nice views caused them to leave.

Now if only we can get our local council to stop deliberately cutting back trees so they die so they can get paid lots of money to remove them... definitely gonna have to get together some tree enthusiasts to help stop this before we loose all of our local arboretum. We currently have a very corrupt tree maintenance system and we've rapidly lost lots of trees in the past few years, almost all of them were perfectly healthy. i'm very enthusiastic about my local park ok, its always been an important part of my life

also added & colored the last outfit in this batch, i was designing something for a specific character role in one of my scifi worlds.
just need to find colors for the other two outfits now

i'll likely keep and use many of my outfits because a lot of my characters need outfits relevant to their setting,
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me