Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I think it's time for a tablet by zenzi

Artist zenzi [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I think it's time for a tablet

Postby zenzi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 am

anyone know or use any affordable drawing tablets that you could recommend to me ? much appreciate !
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
i'm on and off constantly,
sorry for any unread
dms&trades : (
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I think it's time for a tablet

Postby pizzas and scream » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 am

you could find a second hand one. sometimes people need the new, best, now. because they do it for a job. or get a working. older second hand tablet.

just watch out for scamers. like this woman I watched her video. she got scammed, the seller lied in "it 100% works". (one of the tablets you draw directly on. the charger did not work or something)
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhongliswallettt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:36 am

I use a Huion 1060+.
I got mine off of Amazon for pretty cheap (about $90), and it came with a bag to hold it in and a drawing glove, along with pen tips and the pen and tablet itself.
I don't know what you'd consider cheap (sorry if that sounds rude I don't mean it to ;-;), but for a tablet I think the price I got it for was nice!
It works well, and it wasn't broken or anything when i got it.
It came in a nice box haha.
Hope this helps c:
Olive - She/They
----------------------
Insta 1- Insta 2
----------------------
PM's are always open
Genshin and Pokémon nerd
zhongliswallettt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenzi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 am

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:you could find a second hand one. sometimes people need the new, best, now. because they do it for a job. or get a working. older second hand tablet.

just watch out for scamers. like this woman I watched her video. she got scammed, the seller lied in "it 100% works". (one of the tablets you draw directly on. the charger did not work or something)

passerby boy. wrote:I use a Huion 1060+.
I got mine off of Amazon for pretty cheap (about $90), and it came with a bag to hold it in and a drawing glove, along with pen tips and the pen and tablet itself.
I don't know what you'd consider cheap (sorry if that sounds rude I don't mean it to ;-;), but for a tablet I think the price I got it for was nice!
It works well, and it wasn't broken or anything when i got it.
It came in a nice box haha.
Hope this helps c:

thank you both so much for the help! will definitely consider both options!! 😊
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
sorry for any unread
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giorno giovanna » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am

I have a wacom intuos drawing tablet. Wacom are quite a well known brand in the world of drawing tablets so if you're looking for something trustworthy that you know will be guaranteed to work then it's a good choice. The tablet itself is a good price. The one I have is usually priced at less than £100 and I bet it's less than that now. Used ones will cost even less. Another good thing is that replacements, pens and accessories are easy to source. I'm looking at buying replacement pen nibs and you can easily find some on Amazon and even the wacom website sells them I believe. If you prefer to work wirelessly you can also buy the wireless accessory so you don't have to deal with cables. I've had mine for a few years and it still works perfectly. It's a really good tablet.

I don't know if this helps or not or if it's the sort of drawing tablet you are after but yeah lol hope it helps you :3
giorno giovanna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 am

https://www.amazon.com/Turcom-Graphic-D ... B008Y40DQU
I will definitely suggest this one until I die. I used a Wacom when I first started digital art and while it was nice, it wasn't anywhere as nice as this one. At 40$, it's a fraction of the price. It's so much more sensitive than a Wacom and can pick up softer penstrokes. The pen is super comfortable in the hand (something I struggled with, with my Wacom) and it's just a very enjoyable situation.
Best part is, if it breaks (which, mine have all lasted me 1-2 years a piece) it's only 40$ to replace instead of 100$+.
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenzi » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 am

bizarrekujo wrote:I have a wacom intuos drawing tablet. Wacom are quite a well known brand in the world of drawing tablets so if you're looking for something trustworthy that you know will be guaranteed to work then it's a good choice. The tablet itself is a good price. The one I have is usually priced at less than £100 and I bet it's less than that now. Used ones will cost even less. Another good thing is that replacements, pens and accessories are easy to source. I'm looking at buying replacement pen nibs and you can easily find some on Amazon and even the wacom website sells them I believe. If you prefer to work wirelessly you can also buy the wireless accessory so you don't have to deal with cables. I've had mine for a few years and it still works perfectly. It's a really good tablet.

I don't know if this helps or not or if it's the sort of drawing tablet you are after but yeah lol hope it helps you :3

Vhenan wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Turcom-Graphic-Drawing-Capture-Sensitive/dp/B008Y40DQU
I will definitely suggest this one until I die. I used a Wacom when I first started digital art and while it was nice, it wasn't anywhere as nice as this one. At 40$, it's a fraction of the price. It's so much more sensitive than a Wacom and can pick up softer penstrokes. The pen is super comfortable in the hand (something I struggled with, with my Wacom) and it's just a very enjoyable situation.
Best part is, if it breaks (which, mine have all lasted me 1-2 years a piece) it's only 40$ to replace instead of 100$+.

thank you both for the help! I'll put the two on the list also. :)
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
sorry for any unread
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaeski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:11 am

heya. i have a wacom intuos pro drawing tablet. wacom is an amazing brand and my tablet was bout 200-250 dollars at best buy. If you're opting for a cheaper tablet, you can look for new ones or get a small one from amazon that could range from 40-100 dollars. Used ones can go for either the same prices or less but you need to be careful of people scamming you.Wacoms tablets also range from small to large, all depending on price, so you have a couple good choices.
╔════▣◎▣════╗
꧁BLM - rdr2 - bi - star wars꧂
✧𝐬𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐞𝐫✧
current energy level: 26%
𝐄𝐍𝐅𝐏 & 𝐏𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐬 ♓︎
╚════▣◎▣════╝
kaeski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenzi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 am

hey everyone, I received my tablet today this morning! After some research and thinking I decided to go with the huion 1060+ (what passerby boy. suggested) and it works perfectly. I wanted to say thank you for everyone's advice as it helped out tremendously with picking out a tablet! thank you all ! 😊
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
sorry for any unread
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zhongliswallettt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:12 am

zenzi wrote:
    hey everyone, I received my tablet today this morning! After some research and thinking I decided to go with the huion 1060+ (what passerby boy. suggested) and it works perfectly. I wanted to say thank you for everyone's advice as it helped out tremendously with picking out a tablet! thank you all ! 😊

I just saw this, and I'm glad I could help! c:
Olive - She/They
----------------------
Insta 1- Insta 2
----------------------
PM's are always open
Genshin and Pokémon nerd
zhongliswallettt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery