Birds! - [name this species!] by altiora

Based on Click to view
Artist altiora [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 45 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Birds! - [name this species!]

Postby altiora » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 am

We found this one - these two? - playing on a playground swing at dawn. they seem to have a few traits related to snakes and birds, and yet their hair is distinctly hair-like. It was hard to get them to come with us, as we had to use two torches, one for each head, to get them to focus on us and move! What a curious creature. We could do with your expertise, to figure out what the deal is with those heads?

Code: Select all
species name:
creatures name/s:
Tell me about those heads: (example: are they two individuals or do they share a mind?)
what have you discovered about this individual creature/s: (personality traits or similar of this individual)
what have you discovered about its species: (traits of any kind of the entire species)
what have you discovered about their habitat: (before they went through the portal, what can you tell about where they used to live in the other dimension?)

Please make sure to mark the Main Thread and check out the information in The Nest before posting, thank you!

1 extra max. questions? pm me!
edited questions to clarify them - no one has to change anything, dw!
End Date: 18 july, may extend.
Last edited by altiora on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Birds! - [name this species!]

Postby azhdarchid » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:02 am

(wip, will probably be working on this throughout the week)

species name:
creatures name/s:
Tell me about those heads:
what have you discovered about this individual creature/s:
what have you discovered about its species:
what have you discovered about their home environment:
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mantleray » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:34 am

species name: Anguis Bellus Avem (Snake looking bird)
creatures name/s: Sól and Máni
Tell me about those heads: Sól and Máni are separate when it comes to mind. Sól is more of a shy, timid individual while Máni is more of an aggressive, attacking individual. Sól is intelligent, Máni is... Less so. Sól is weak, Máni is strong.
what have you discovered about this individual creature/s: Sól and Máni struggle sometimes, as Sól wants to stay home and take a nap or read, and Máni would rather get outside and get into trouble.
The two live in a log in a forest in America, presumably Colorado and hunt for things like rodents, fish, occasionally bugs like beetles, and rabbits.
Máni drags Sól around often and Sól has no choice but to go along, since Máni is ultimately the stronger of the two.
While the two have an incredible amount of differences, they still treat each other with respect and act like a typical brother and sister pair.
what have you discovered about its species: Their diet is mostly carnivorous, however they're considered omnivores since berries and fruit are often eaten by some. It seems that two members of the species are often fused if they're birthed at the same time, aka twins. If they're born separately, like one being born further ahead, they stay separated. Birth defects and further issues related to health are common in twins born fused.
They seem to love stealing (and occasionally eating) pretty much anything they can get. With Sól and Máni, there is a story saying that Sól consumed lava while Máni consumed an entire metorite whole. Because of this, it is said that the stomachs of these creatures are practically indestructible.
Speaking of their stomachs and eating, I assume you're wondering... Well... How these creatures release waste products. This is unknown, however most, including myself, believe that the nutrients and everything from what they ate absorbs into their body. This being said, this would mean they absorb a lot of toxins most animals and humans would die from. Because of the toxic, swampy environment they originate from, it's said that they've grown immune, or it's never effected them.
what have you discovered about their home environment: Their home planet happens to be a giant swamp, and one that contains creatures similar to the dinosaurs that previously inhabited Earth. The planet's air is primarily nitrogen, similarly to Earth. However the atmosphere is very humid, therefore the lungs of the inhabitants have adjusted to it. Any higher humidity and they may die, but lower humidity actually seems to improve their abilities and breathing.

Might add more later :'0
Last edited by Mantleray on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

❝ Hypothesis: All the worlds
that almost were matter
just as much as the
one we’re in. ❞

credit

Mantleray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am

species name: Duswan

creatures name/s: Flora and Fauna

Tell me about those heads: While they ultimately choose to work together (especially in cases where they wish to travel somewhere), the two heads appear to have their own thoughts and tastes. The most prominent differences between the two are the amount eaten and communication (the left head is the one that attempts to communicate or make sounds more often while the right tends to eat most of the food they find) and the heads seem to have different food choices (the right one prefers to eat flowers and plants with the other going after whatever prey is easy to find).

what have you discovered about this individual creature/s: This individual has a strong connection to both shallow waters and climbing, specifically in tree branches. This Duswan also likes sitting somewhere with movement, like the swings and rides in vehicles. They also have a stronger fascination with light than most of their species, though the sun seems too overpowering for them. These two appear to prefer cooler temperatures, which is rare for their kind, and are nocturnal.

what have you discovered about its species: They seem to be omnivores in nature, though there are far more plants consumed than meat or fish. They have a strong interest in light as their home dimension appeared to have glowing species that they eat, much like some of the deep sea organisms on earth. Their preferred environments are somewhere humid and warm, though it has been found that they can still thrive in temperatures as low as 4 degrees Celsius. The two heads will have disagreements with each other though the one that does the most communication seems to have the final say, and the sounds that they make are close to the honking of a goose. The two heads ultimately work together to survive and also provide company for the other. The Duswan population is split 40:60 to which are nocturnal and not, with most of them becoming active during their “day”. The senses they heavily rely on are their taste and sight (specifically movement). Their hair is also extremely noticeable in black light, though they themselves don’t tend to glow.

what have you discovered about their home environment: It seems to have a lot of vegetation and small animals, over half of which glow with multi-color lights. The overall environment relates mostly to rainforests near river beds, since there are a lot of waterways but just far away enough from each other so it isn’t swampy. The air his humid and warm during the day and dry and cool at night, and this temperature/humity difference is the most obvious sign that the day has passed. There is a constant darkness overall and the gravity is low, allowing some of the place’s bigger creatures to easily take to the treetops.
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre mackerel » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:59 am

Woo res
Wip
species name: Gemellus, Latin word for double/twin-born
creatures name/s:
Tell me about those heads: Each head controls a side of the brain. In the average brain, the left side controls more of the logic, while the right brain is responsible for creativity and insight. However, both brains need to work together in order to move, since the left brain controls the right side, and the right brain controls the left side.
what have you discovered about this individual creature/s:
what have you discovered about its species: Earlier skeletons of this species revealed only one head, but they have now evolved to have two heads in order to protect their sensitive spine. The hair on their head shed very excessively, and its bright color is thought to have been a territory marker. All members of this species sport bright colors due to it being the top predator.
what have you discovered about their habitat: (before they went through the portal, what can you tell about where they used to live in the other dimension?)
Last edited by mediocre mackerel on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bump