Birds! - Kelmucks [1-Sulia] by altiora

Based on Click to view
Artist altiora [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Birds! - Kelmucks [1-Sulia]

Postby altiora » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 am

A face like a bird, an owl? But the arms and legs are strange tentacle-like appendages. Perhaps similar to an octopus, because we found it in a small pond near where its portal dropped it off from the other universe. Small red butterfly-like things follow it around for some reason, lighting up the area around. We used a couple of matches to guide it home with us.

Code: Select all
species name:
creatures name:
Whats up with the butterfly-like creatures?:
what have you discovered about this creature:
what have you discovered about its species:
what have you discovered about their home environment:

Please make sure to mark the Main Thread and check out the information in The Nest before posting, thank you!

1 extra max. questions? pm me!
End Date: 30 june, may extend.
Last edited by altiora on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Birds! - Species yet to be named - 2

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 pm

species name:Kelmucks
creatures name: Sulla

Whats up with the butterfly-like creatures?:
Originally thought to be just butterflies, after more detailed investigation, these butterflies seem to be made entirely out of bioluminescent blood, but seem to have an entire system of insect-organs inside of it when dissected. While menacing, we also noticed the butterflies following Sulla would collect around her neck area, and didn't seem to harm Sulla. We found out later that Sulla's neck was completely dried of swamp liquid that used to be dripping from her neck and causing some movement issues, which returned after Sulla regained the liquid on her neck. We've come to the conclusion that these blood butterflies, or in a more joking light 'blooderflies' follow Kelmucks around in some sort of symbiotic relationship. The blooderflies would drink the swamp liquid from the Kelmuck's neck and the Kelmuck would be able to move and breathe easier due to the lack of swamp liquid for the time being.

what have you discovered about this creature:
Sulla Specifically seems to really like plants and plant based foods, more specifically, she seems to like eating lilypads! Sulla also seems to wish to snuggle up to her blooderflies, The difference in size of the two creatures make it a bit troublesome, but Sulla doesn't seem to understand that. Ignorance is bliss in this case, at least, as Sulla seems to be a general happy individual.

what have you discovered about its species:
Kelmucks seems to have differing horn sizes depending on genetics, thought it seems in a flock of Kelmucks, those with the largest horns are alphas. The species seems to be entirely based around female presentation, with males being a somewhat rare occurrence. Kelmucks seem to be able to identify themselves as the gender they wish due to voice altering. A Feminine Kelmuck will have a voice similar to a chirping bird, while a Masculine Kelmuck will go with a darker voice similar to a crocodile.

Over the course of a few weeks, a Kelmuck will gain a lot of some sort of sludge on their neck area, which causes the kelmuck to become slower and sleepier until the sludge is eaten by the blood butterflies. Kelmucks typically sleep a maximum of 5 hours every day during the afternoon, but during the time when Kelmucks have massive amounts of sludge on their neck, they will sleep up to 20 hours.

what have you discovered about their home environment:
Any place with water around it seems to be able to house a Kelmuck, though it's clear that the green variety is more commonly found in swamplands. We found that locations that Kelmucks seem to thrive best in is a place near a forest while also being a swampland. With this information, we guess that the most Kelmucks might be able to be located in the swamplands of northern Florida.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Birds! - Kelmucks [1-Sulia]

Postby altiora » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:05 am

@Golden-Boy yeah this gal is yours! no one else entered but you probably would have won anyway, i loved your form. you hit it right on the spot with the butterflies! i definitely imagined a symbiotic relationship there. all the information you wrote is now canon for Kelmucks except one bit! these species fall onto earth from another dimension, through portals - so their home environment cant be in northern florida unfortunately - that being said, their home environment can definitely be similar to such swamplands ! ღ
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 am

Aaa so Could they be from some sort of...dimensional plane with that sort of habitat in it? Is there a specific dimension type, like is there just one all the creatures are coming from, or are there multiple? Could I say that the Kelmucks come from a dimension that seems to be mostly lovecraftian in nature and it's creatures seem to have an affiliation for water or liquid-like substances?

Sorry for asking the questions, I'm just being a bit anxious bc I messed up the habitat part oof
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby altiora » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 am

ohh dont worry! theyre all coming from one dimension, but i havent decided yet if it should be from one planet or multiple. im gonna try and develop a plot maybe later...

the environment bit i meant like, just describe the features of their environment they would naturally live in (so like, birds would naturally live in trees, so you would say forests, or cliffs maybe yknow?) - now that i think about it, 'habitat' is better way to phrase it heh,
youve done fine by saying just swampland! i hope thats helped, n that you have a good day ღ
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me