4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

square

Postby emporio! » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 am

name:
"just call me square"

gender/pronouns:
nonbinary, they/them

personality: 
square considers everyone a good friend even before they meet them, even if they don't quite understand how to get other komos to consider them a friend back. any words used in negativity at this fact usually just roll off of them like water. most negativity does actually; their overall positive outlook tends to overshadow anything that could possibly be taken badly, which is done both purposefully and unconsciously as to avoid further conflict. if you were to ask why this is, square would most likely give you a soft spoken speech on "why fighting is real useless" and then offer you a muffin out of concern for possibly hurting your feelings.

this is a common event since nothing is worse to them than hurting other living things. they believe that "everybody's got a soul, brother, how could I hurt somethin' with a soul all shiny with feelings like that?" if they do hurt anyone it is a side effect of their physical and social clumsiness, never out of true intent to cause harm. that has only happened once, many years ago, and they are still quietly guilty about it to this day.

what are they interested in?:
there's a shelf in their room, tall enough to almost scrape the ceiling and wide enough to take up an entire wall, painted in bright swirls of purple and blue. the shelves have no backs to them as to let in the light from the window behind spill into the room. the light itself is dyed many, many colors of the rainbow that shift around the room depending on the position of the sun or moon.

the light does this because of glass. upwards of one hundred to two hundred glass bottles and shards lay propped up on the shelves in an array of colors. they vary from whole, fresh orange soda bottles to bits of dull blue sea glass, filling up this shelf and spilling out into smaller shelves that take up a whole room all together. it has taken them years to collect all these "historic pretty bits," and to them, nothing else they own is more precious.

"'s something about all them broken glittery things, y'know," they'd tell you if you asked why they collect glass of all things. "like they ain't even broken, not all the way, just kinda busted. gotta respect 'em for being beautiful even when they ain't whole no more."
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me