Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Drakkar Beasties by kkspecial4

Based on Click to view
Artist kkspecial4 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Drakkar Beasties

Postby kkspecial4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Last edited by kkspecial4 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

Postby kkspecial4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:06 pm

x
    ImagexThere was a time eons ago, where dragons were not feared or myths but cherished and worshipped. They were discussed freely in old tongues of languages that have since been long forgotten. During these times a traveling group of humans that were sharing a small island with a handful of dragons took notes and studied the beasts. Their studies of four different dragons lead to the determination of four distinct groups of dragons. However, their focus drew them towards the larger, more powerful dragons and also the smaller, palm-sized dragons. With this they mistakenly overlooked an entire species of dragons.

Years past and the love for dragons shifted towards hatred amongst the humans. They sought to destroy the powerful beasts. The four distinct groups of dragons were diminishing quickly. Overlooking the fifth group of dragons was a mistake that the world will never forget and also never know about. The fifth group of dragons were known as Drakkar Beasties. They earned their name from a small band of Vikings that stumbled upon their hideaway. Now this fifth group of dragons is not malicious or spiteful, they are highly intelligent and courageous creatures. The group of Vikings that settled onto their island learned to work with the Drakkar to cohabitate the island peacefully. With the world changing it’s view, these Vikings did everything they possibly could for the Drakkar, creating a safe space for them to flourish and grow. Essentially, these selfless Vikings hid the Drakkar away from the world’s hateful eyes.

Drakkar Beasties cohabitated the island with the Vikings peacefully in exchange for this unspoken protection. Over time the Drakkar learned to trust the Vikings and a strong bond was formed between them. This bond was formed through Dednafi and her mate Ronovi, Drakkars who protected a young child from the jaws of death.

Centuries have since past, the hatred for dragons has been subdued and the tales of dragons have become myths and folklore. Until today that is. The Drakkar still inhabit the island and receive few travelers as the island is far off the beaten path. A lost scientist with a research team stumbled upon the island. They found the well kept journals documenting the Drakkar Beasties and have befriended a few of the dragons. Those befriended dragons have traveled the world to be here today. Do you have what it takes to walk among beasts?
Last edited by kkspecial4 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby kkspecial4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

x

Gender | Male & Female

Height | 18.0 hh - 22.0 hh

Average Height | 19.3 hh

Coloration | Mimics Equines - Bays, Blacks, Chestnuts, Champagnes, etc.

Common Genes | Solid [Bay, Black, Chestnut], Champagne, Cream Grey, Overo, Tobiano, Tovero, Sabino, Splash, Dun, Roan

Uncommon Genes | Pangare, Rabicano, Sooty, Silver, Flaxen, Birdcatcher Spots, Grease Spots, Brindle

Rare Genes | Pearl, Somatic Mutation, Reverse Brindle, Manchado, Chimeric

Unrecognized Genes | Appaloosa, Lacing, Calico

Drakkar Specific Markings | Dark Tears - Darker marking on wings extending from top appearing to trickle down the wing, in
      Drakkar Specific Markings | rare cases can extend to the shoulder and beyond

Passing Rates
        Birdcatcher Spots - 50% [roll for]
        Grease Spots - 50% [roll for]
        Brindle - 50% [roll for]
        Pangare - 50% [roll for] - Expressed only on Bay & Chestnut bases
        Somatic Mutation - 30%
        Reverse Brindle - 20%
        Manchado - 20%
        Chimeric - 10%

Dark Tears - 20%

Horn Color | Neutral Tones - Greys, Browns, Blacks, Creams

Eye Color | Any Color - Most commonly Blue, Brown or Grey

Eye Glow | Ancestral Drakkar or Drakkar that are considered Elders are the only Drakkar Beasties seen with glowing eyes

Accessories | Seen only on Drakkar Beasties that have formed a bond

Types of Drakkar Beasties

Ancestrals | Drakkar whom are centuries old, and are part of the original island inhabitants
    Elders | Drakkar that are viewed as wise leaders and looked up to
    Moderns | Drakkar from the middle generation, often viewed as caretakers
    Fidgets | Drakkar that are part of the youngest generation and are often seen as flighty and always moving

Other Information

Drakkar Beasties are highly intelligent and can adapt to new surroundings easily. They do not shy away from danger or things that could cause fear as they are courageous. What they lack is an ability to cause fright, but they make that up in their abilities to bond with humans.

Drakkar Beasties both male and female have the ability to produce five offspring in their lifetime.
      • Dednafi x Ronovi have unlimited slots for offspring
    They have been observed to both mate for life and also live promiscuously with more than one mate.
    Mates can be found in the pairs of Male x Male, Female x Female, and Male x Female.

All offspring produced by any Drakkar will always be typed as a Fidget no matter what the pairing.
      • With the exception of Dednafi x Ronovi who produce the Elders
Last edited by kkspecial4 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved Post

Postby kkspecial4 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 pm

x
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved Post

Postby kkspecial4 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 pm

x
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Drakkar Beasties - Open for Posting

Postby kkspecial4 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:33 pm

x

Will probably be a work in progress/make changes as I go for a while, but feel free to mark/post/ask questions!
c:
kkspecial4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Drakkar Beasties

Postby little_light » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:12 pm

*slams down mark* these are amazing!!!