apollo (3/3) by lovestruck

Based on Click to view
Artist lovestruck [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

apollo (3/3)

Postby lovestruck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Apollo is a grumpy lantern maker in his city. In his city,Luminese (fictional), they have a monthly lantern parade on the full moon, and the lights expel the evil from the kalons’ souls, and chases away bad spirits. He is the last remaining kalon who is skilled in the art, and has not yet accepted an apprentice. Because of this, he is highly respected, and even treated like royalty, as his position is of high importance. This is because every kalon must have a lantern and expel their evil, or the gods will get mad, according to lore. Apollo demands high prices, without guilt, because they take up his valuable time, and they are of course, in high demand. Apollo is rather wealthy because of his profession, and doesn’t take guilt in it. He lives a smaller life, despite having enough money to live in splendor, because he likes being quiet and alone with his craft. He does spoil himself from time to time though, with expensive jewelry and exotic instruments, which he sort of collects. Apollo is often very grumpy. This is partly because he spends long nights up making lanterns, as he’s constantly overwhelmed with orders. He’s also always stressed beause of the orders, and he can snap quickly at anyone who even utters a single word to him. He’s hapoiest though, when he’s eating or sleeping, and if Ou can y’all to him then, consider yourself lucky, because you’ll see his true self. He’s really pretty sarcastic and funny under all the anger, and is fun to be friends with, because he loves to spoil his few friends. He loves picking out jewelry and clothing for his friends, as he’s rather good with colors and patterns, being that he makes colorful lanterns for a living. He’s also very creative because of this though, and it often causes him to pick out rather eccentric outfits for himself or his friends. He doesn’t really have boundaries in most regards, and has a bit of a free spirit. He’s a little odd, but he really doesn’t give much of a care for what other kalons think of him. After all, he’s a bit of a recluse anyways. Apollo doesn’t have much time to himself, but when he does he loves to relax and drink a hot cup of tea while reading a good book, or play one of his instruments. Apollo plays a variety of musical instruments, especially exotic ones. One of his favorites is the mandolin, or his favorite banjo. He sometimes sings along, and he has a deep and calming voice, although it’s not often he sings to people. Apollo is rather insecure about himself, despite coming off as confident most of the time, and he doesn’t really like to open up to people and show them himself. Apollo grew up without the best parents, so he’s never really been able to feel happy with himself, or be able to be proud of himself, because not many people ever have been with him. Apollo was never good enough for his parents. They wanted him to be a scholar, and go to top schools, and be successful. But young Apollo only wanted to create, and tinker with things. He loved the monthly lantern parades, although his parents never really let him do much besides order a plain lantern. However, in his heart he yearned to learn the art. Those lights were just so beautiful and the music and festivities on those nights were what he lived for, and he knew he wanted to play a bigger role in Luminese’s lantern parade. Much to his parents’ disappointment, he started to apprentice under the lantern maker, and when she passed away, he became the new lantern maker. Apollo was stricken with grief, as she’d become a second mother to him (really a first, his mother wasn’t very nice), but also overjoyed at the prospect of being so important to Luminese. He would get to live out his dream.
┌──────────────┐

ʙɪʀᴛʜ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ↠ Apollo Lumen
ɴɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇ ↠ n/a
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ↠ male
ᴀɢᴇ ↠ 28
ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ ↠ 5’9”
ғᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ↠ unknown
sᴇxᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ ↠ bisexual
ᴏᴄᴄᴜᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ↠ lantern crafter
ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ sᴛᴀᴛᴜs ↠ single
sʟᴏᴛs ↠ 3/3
ᴋɪᴛs ↠ none

ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ↠ n/a, traded for
ғᴏʀᴍ ↠ n/a
ᴄᴏᴍᴘ ↠ n/a
ʜᴇxᴄᴏᴅᴇs ↠
ᴇᴅɪᴛs ↠

ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ↠ deceased
ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ↠ n/a

ᴀʀᴛ ↠ none :c

└──────────────┘
Last edited by lovestruck on Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

devlopment

Postby lovestruck » Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 am

What is your Kalon’s first, middle, and last name (if they have one)?
          Apollo Lumen
          Does your Kalon have a human appearance as well? If so, what do they look like?
          click
          He has an olive complexion, including deep green eyes. His hair is wavy and often styled, cut short, and dyed blue and green. He looks a bit like this. He has rough stubble- he doesn’t really keep up with his facial hair much, and small lips, which are almost always in a frown. He has a sharp, prominent nose, and deep eyes. His jawline is defined, but not sharp. He has a small dragonfly tatt on his left shoulder, and a small heart tattoo on his left ankle. He has a somewhat alternative style- often wearing strange things out of the house to watch reactions. He often wears full colors and vintage clothing, though, besides that. He would probably wear something like this for an outing.
          Does you Kalon have any family members? If so, blood related or adopted?
          Apollo has two parents, but he’s a bit detached from them as they don’t appreciate his line of work, and often discouraged him as a child. His only close relative was his adopted mother, the lantern making mentor, Lilith, but she passed away, leaving him essentially alone.
          Who is your Kalon the closest too? Why?
          n/a (yet)
          What sort of occupation does your Kalon have? Do they enjoy it?
          Apollo is the lantern maker in his city, a very well regarded position. He doesn’t just enjoy it- it’s the light of his life. He loves seeing his ideas come to life, and color and sparkle! Apollo does, however get rather stressed about his job as he has many orders and is a bit disorganized.
          List some of your Kalons likes and dislikes and give an explanation as to why.
          likes: music- it’s a good outlet for Apollo, and he loves the creativity of it
          tea- it calms him down, having something warm and simple to drink, as well as keeping him up wen he must stay up to work
          jewelry and gifts- he LOVES to give gifts, because it makes him feel warm inside to see the look of pleasure on someone’s face, and he loves jewelry, because it’s so sparkly, and eye catching
          sleeping- Apollo is in his best mood after having woken up from a nap. He’s a tired kalon, from his busy work, and sleeping is just how he copes

dislikes: loud kalons- they’re just so annoying and he will immediately snap at anyone who’s too energetic and playful, especially if they’re in or around his shop.
          boring things, drab colors- he hates boring, plain things! you only live one life, it’s time for some eccentricity!
          happy families- although this is somewhat strange, seeing happy families makes Apollo feel hollow inside, and think about all he’s missing in life- it even makes him want kits, just a wee bit.
          What is your Kalons biggest weakness and strength?
          Write about a time when your Kalon(s) lost something important or someone close to them:
          Do they keep promises, or break them? Why?
          Are they a leader, follower, or loner? Why?
          If they could change one thing in their past, what would it be and why?
          Do they care what others think of them? Why or why not?
          Do they tend to argue with others or do they avoid conflict?
          Are they more spontaneous, or are they the type that always needs a plan?
          Do they have any quirks, mannerisms, habits, or other defining characteristics?
          Write about them interacting with their favorite thing: (item, person, place, etc.)
          Where do they live and what is the geography like?
          What is the society like there, is there a hierarchy?
          What kind of technology does the world possess: modern, medieval, fantasy, etc.?
          Do many or only a few people live here?
          Is the history the same as our world, or is it different? If different, how?
          Is your Kalon(s) considered lower, middle, or upper class?
          What sort of language(s) is commonly spoken here?
          Story Behind their Name:
          How many different places have they lived:
          Why did they settle down where they are currently:
          Is there an ideal place they want to live, or are they already there:
          What are the biggest moments that have defined their life:
          Does their future have a bright or darker outlook, and can they change it:
          If they could write a letter to their past self, what would it say: (advice, stories, etc.)

What is your kalon's relationship with their parents?
          Do they have any siblings? Are they blood related or adopted?
          Does your kalon have children? Do they/did they ever want to have kits?
          Which family member is your kalon closest to? Why?
          Is there a family member your kalon wishes they could know better? Who is it?
          Who is your kalon's best friend?
          Who is your kalon's enemy/least favorite person? How did they come to feel this way about them?
          Besides their best friend, who else is your kalon friends with?
          What qualities does your kalon look for in a friend?
          What qualities does your kalon dislike in a friend?
          Would they risk their life to save a friend? A stranger?
          Is it easy or hard to earn their trust? Why?
          Describe their pet/companion:
          How did they meet their pet/companion?:
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me