Artist Neah [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Songrem - Spring Festival - Adopt #6

Postby Neah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am

Main Thread I Fanclub I Species info

Main event page I Event prompts I Event games I Event adopts

This kid is based on an Atropa Belladonna, or "Deadly Nightshade".

Diamond Sapphire wrote:
    Username: Diamond Sapphire
    Songrem Name: Zephyr
    Moment [315/500]: A long while back when Zephyr was rather young, a mere child, he offered to help search for a specific berry for a cake a friend of his was happily baking. After all, Zephyr was bored and spending his time in search of something would kill his boredom, at least a bit. His friend agreed to allow him to help and gave him a map of where he'd be able to scour the area for the berry. Yet they left Zephyr with a warning.

"Don't you dare mistaken it for a moonseed. They're poisonous and won't result in such a pretty cake."

And with that, Zephyr was off. He took his friend's warning rather lightly. Moonseeds sounded like a sweet, dainty name for a berry. How bad could it be? Besides, he knew how to identify the berry he was actually looking for. He'll be fine. But of course, he wasn't. Little naive Zephyr found a cluster of darkly colored berries, looking exactly like grapes. And so he spoke,

"It won't hurt to take a few back to my friend! They look rather sweet, anyways."

Zephyr picked a whole bundle before setting off in search for the berry he was looking for. It took him a while, but eventually, he did. Along the way, he had picked a few other tasty looking berries, ones that would look rather nice with the cake. Trotting back to where his friend was, he gave him the collected berries.

"Zephyr... these are moonseeds. After the warning I give you... you..."

Zephyr stared at his friend, flustered. He did not just pick the berries his friend had especially told him to not pick. Did he? They looked like grapes, after all, and he couldn't see the harm the small little fruits could do. Yet they were indeed moonseeds. It was a moment that Zephyr won't - and can't - look back on.

Edits:
C - Teeth, Horn Shape, Extra Fur, Colored Sclera, Pupil Edit
U - Two Horns, Short Fur, Ear Edit, Tail Edit
R - Extra Ears, Spring Halo
Last edited by Neah on Sun May 27, 2018 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Songrem - Spring Festival - Adopt #6

Postby womp womp » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:27 am

Username: Diamond Sapphire
    Songrem Name: Zephyr
    Moment [315/500]: A long while back when Zephyr was rather young, a mere child, he offered to help search for a specific berry for a cake a friend of his was happily baking. After all, Zephyr was bored and spending his time in search of something would kill his boredom, at least a bit. His friend agreed to allow him to help, and gave him a map of where he'd be able to scour the area for the berry. Yet they left Zephyr with a warning.

"Don't you dare mistaken it for a moonseed. They're poisonous and won't result in such a pretty cake."

And with that, Zephyr was off. He took his friend's warning rather lightly. Moonseeds sounded like a sweet, dainty name for a berry. How bad could it be? Besides, he knew how to identify the berry he was actually looking for. He'll be fine. But of course, he wasn't. Little naive Zephyr found a cluster of darkly coloured berries, looking exactly like grapes. And so he spoke,

"It work hurt to take a few back to my friend! They look rather sweet, anyways."

Zephyr picked a whole bundle before setting off in search for the berry he was looking for. It took him a while, but eventually he did. Along the way he had picked a few other tasty looking berries, ones that would look rather nice with the cake. Trotting back to where his friend was, he gave him the collected berries.

"Zephyr... these are moonseeds. After the warning I give you... you..."

Zephyr stared at his friend, flustered. He did not just pick the berries his friend had especially told him to not pick. Did he? They looked like grapes, after all, and he couldn't see the harm the small little fruits could do. Yet they were indeed moonseeds. It was a moment that Zephyr won't - and can't - look back on.
Last edited by womp womp on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 am

Username: Vagabond
    Songrem Name: Dolos Ambers

Moment:
Dolos tends to regret not making a single friend when he was younger, growing up along and more isolated than most. He believed he could make it in the world on his own and that he didn't need help from anyone. However, that attitude took a toll on him when he got older. He didn't know how to act around others, and he gave attitude to even the nicest people. From there, it kind of the escalated to people thinking he was a jerk, however, he was far from that. He just didn't know how to act around others, and if he were to take the advice and learn around others, he would be better. Being lonely and isolated showed him a whole new light. This weighs on Dolos heavily, and he hopes he could improve in the future.
Last edited by witchcrafting on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:44 am

Username: Golden-Boy
Songrem Name: Cassio
Moment:His mistake was believing that anyone would accept him, and that moment he stepped out, expecting to be welcomed with open arms as many songrem are, was his most unfortunate and shameful moment. How could he ever be proud of facing his fears of when he was taunted and insulted? He had always been told that he would be appreciated, that he would be accepted, that he would be happy. Instead, He heard comments on his horn, how it looked like swiss cheese and how some asked if it was broken. Comments on his stature, and his colors, simple things about him being seen as a ‘disney villain’ or a ‘depressed jester’ color scheme. The laughing and joking was not meant in jest against him, but he believed that it was, unable to think anything else due to his former fears of others. He heard the other’s words as pure insult towards everything about him. It was his biggest leap of faith, and his biggest fall, and he had never felt regret for a moment as much as he did in that moment. He felt ashamed of himself for even trying, and claimed that he would do what he was meant to, stay away from others and be alone with his work.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 am

𝖀𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊; 𝕬𝖛𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖜𝖑
Deadly nightshade may easily be mistaken as a harmless berry.
It was the Elizabethan era, a dangerous time for grems. I am Divale, a small and meek merchant, with a secret. I was traveling home from the market, someone bumped into me from behind. Agh! Panic filled me and anger. A halo appeared around my head and the other grem was thrown against the ground. Songrems screamed at me and I was grabbed by my fur and thrown into a wagon. My screams pierced through the air. Next thing I remember was waking up tied too rocks. Woman and men with silk embroidered clothes stared at me. Grems with grim and solemn faces gripped my shoulders, lake water rippled against my claws. I was the victim of a witch trial. My heart beat quickly murmurs buzzed around me. The grems holding me sat me onto a rowboat and they brought me out to the center of the deep, cold waters. Then I was pushed, I struggled to swim the water enveloped my body. The halo appeared brightly around my head and I was encased inside an orb. I sank to the bottom of the lake, I felt my body calm down.

Then I was there, for years...centuries. I’ve seen the fish pass by, boats travel above. Finally I was recovered and saved. My family was gone, my friends were gone, and the world had changed while I was safe...and alone. I am still the same...my youth is still with me but my sanity isn’t. I’m scared I might make the same mistake, I need help...I need a friend.

(258/500)
Last edited by Avisowl on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beegle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

mark
beegle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hounder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:56 am

username: bear?
songrem name: atticus “poe”
moment:
·ᴥ· its you and its actually the me
·ᴥ· guide index : wip trade guide
·ᴥ·Sponsored by BrainFluud
·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· fair trade thread
·ᴥ· taxidermy of me you its not
hounder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:45 am

Username: Purrfectpal
Songrem Name: Wicker
Moment: WIP
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
|| Purrfectpal || She/Her || Adult ||
╔══════════════════╗
Hi, I'm Purrfectpal. I am always open to chat with
new people so feel free to send over a message. <3

╚══════════════════╝
|| carrd | commissions | art shoppe ||
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:33 am

User -- Trollish
      Songrem Name -- Lume
      Moment --
      The waterlilies drifted out along the water's pristine, almost glassy surface. Lume dipped the toes of his paw into the cool water, letting it chill him ever so gently. He closed his eyes and hummed a note or two. The wind whistled through his horn and played a note in tune with his humming, the sound dancing off on the wind and into the distance.

"Lume!"

The sound broke his thought and he snapped out of his peaceful trance, looking around frantically for the source of the sound.

"Look down."

He did so, peering into the pond. His reflection, slightly rippling, was looking up at him with a wry grin. Lume shrunk away a bit, after all, he was wearing no such expression.

"Now don't do that," The reflection must have cooed, though Lume had no idea how, "Come, talk with me. Come sit back by the water's edge."

He approached slowly, creeping like a shadow. His entire body was tense, seated with his paws a safe distance away this time, almost afraid he might be pulled in if he let himself get too close to it now that it had destroyed all his prior knowledge of what should be.

"What's got you so tense? Everything's fine," The reflection purred, its tone very sweet and convincing. It pulled at Lume's ears and tried to pull him close. "Don't you want to talk with me?"

"Of course," he replied without even being aware of his own words, "Certainly, I wouldn't mind at all." He felt as though he were watching himself make the decision, or perhaps the world was moving too quickly for him to keep up. His mind was still reeling due to the talking reflection, his anger pacified by the honey-sweet voice that it produced. He felt numbed-- his awareness dulled by whatever this oddity was.

"Good," the reflection grinned, motioning Lume a bit closer. He followed its instructions, approaching to lean over the pond and look directly into his reflection's eyes. He saw a bright shine in its eyes and in its maw, its expression was sharp and it clashed hard with the voice that continued to lure him further. "I'm glad, Lume," the reflection mused, "You know that I love you, of course."

"Of course," he replied again mechanically, but he didn't know-- he didn't even know who or what this reflection was that had seduced him into a trance and he didn't grasp why he felt so distant from his own self. It was as if, looking down into the reflection, he was watching himself be siphoned away and replaced with whatever was dwelling in the pond. "That makes sense."

"Certainly it does, you've been my best friend your entire life," the reflection purred up at him. Lume thought for a moment that he saw a ripple in the water's surface, but he wasn't sure. He couldn't break his eyes away from the razor sharp glare of his counterpart, no matter what he tried; subconsciously he felt that he didn't want to, but he was vaguely aware of his slipping state. "I've known you since you were a small child, don't you remember playing with me before?"

"Like tonight?" He asked aloud, his tone dreamy and far away, "I remember. We used to play all the time. You would bring me all sorts of flowers and float them on the water." He did remember, actually, his mind slipped into the past for a moment. He recalled having met the reflection in many puddles, watching himself make faces or gestures-- inventing code languages with himself exclusively. He remembered questing for interesting flora and often finding what he sought dancing upon the water's perfect surface. No matter where he went, he found his reflection following him-- but it hadn't occurred to him that his childhood loneliness was actually a different sort of friendship. Had his reflection been animate all along, while he remained oblivious.

"Did you like them?" The reflection asked coyly, "The flowers I brought you."

"They were lovely," Lume replied, his mind swimming with colors and fragrances that were still lingering in his mind's eye.

"I'm glad," the reflection cooed. Lume saw the ripple again. Something began slowly rising out of the reflection, but he couldn't be sure what it was-- he couldn't avert his eyes from his own eyes as they shone back from the water's surface. "Do you want to see me again?" The voice somehow grew sweeter and Lume felt his remaining sense of self dripping down from his frame and into the lake's face, pooling into the reflection, slipping away from him. Lume felt his paw moving closer to the water, reaching out to feel its chill again.

"Any time," Lume's voice fell out of him as if heavy with gravity, being pulled down into the pool below. As his paw grazed the surface of the water and sent out an echoing ripple a large arm of water shot out from within the pool, grabbing Lume fiercely by the throat and yanking him into the pool.

Lume thrashed and struggled, fighting the invisible force of water that continued to drag him down into the depths. He cried out but only bubbles erupted from his throat as he sacrificed his oxygen for a desperate attempt at a cry for help. The trance had broken immediately as he had touched the water and felt more than just water welling in his stomach-- dread found its home there too and it weighed him down more than water ever could.

In a moment of uncharacteristic strength, Lume surged upwards, away from the downward suction. He remembered at once that he had much more to do-- that he couldn't go out here. He pushed with all his might to surge above the surface, gasping hearty breaths of open air.

Lume is ashamed because he fell for a simple trap and his mind was easily carried away. He avoids water now at all costs and avoids excessive curiosity.

[ 1000 / 1000 words ]
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist