2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

charlie!!

Postby emporio! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 am

name:
charlie

gender/pronouns:
male, he/him

what is their favourite colour and why?

the sky was blue the day charlie's mother left. he knows it wasn't on purpose, he knows his mother didn't want to die, but it's still there. the sky was still dusty cyan the day she died, it was still icewater white-blue the day of the funeral, and it was still a myriad of indigos and almost-blues when he finally broke down and cried. it was overcast when his father smiled, however, and said it was going to be alright.
--
charlie made a friend the next year. their fur was a beautiful silvery white, streaked with lines of charcoal grey and midnight black, and they were so stunning he physically had to remind himself to breathe. they liked sappy romance movies and black-as-oil coffee and playing piano, and their whole being made him feel... something. he doesn't manage to pinpoint that something as love until almost three years later.
--
he had a coat he had never worn before, always hanging patiently in his closet previously, never actually put on. it seemed to stare at him when he finally slipped it off it's hanger, a fluffy slightly-darker-than-white thing with silvery faux fur lining the hood, inviting him closer. it felt like a hug when he put it on, big and warm and safe, and charlie was left rapidly thinking of ways to never take it off again.
--
a fire burned his house down a few months later. the flames killed his father in a haze of smoke and burning heat, engraving the flames into the backs of his eyelids. charlie simmers in self deprecation for the month afterwards. his partner's (beautiful gorgeous wonderful perfect) silver eyes shined with concern when he moved in with them over the course of another week, but the expression never sank in.

few things managed to sink in that month, other than his newfound hatred for warm colors.
--
now, charlie reflects.

"you're my favorite color," charlie mumbles into their fur, eyes closed as he inhales the scent of home. "you're my beautiful shining moon, my own lake of stardust. my flawless drop of quicksilver, more valuable than any diamond could ever be." he presses both paws into the scruff on their neck, kneading gently. "gorgeous."

"where did this come from all of a sudden?" they ask, running their paw through the red hair on his head. "not that I don't appreciate it; i'm just wondering, love." they lean over to press their nose against his own, smiling softly. charlie makes a noise of happiness.

"just remembering things," charlie offers with a smile of his own. "remembering being a kid. remembering how perfectly valid grey is." he opens his eyes halfway to meet their own. "remembering why I love grey so much. dad, mom, the weather-" another nose kiss. "-and you. always you, my moonbeam, always and forever."

heckkk thank you mercury :'0
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me