The Legend of Shadow Gulch

Create and decorate a scene with your friends to show off your favorite pets!

"The Legend of Shadow Gulch" by JK341

The Legend of Shadow Gulch

Postby JK341 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:13 am

I decided to create a story to go with this dress-up scene, I'm sorry for it being a tad bit long, I kinda got carried away, but i did put a lot of thought and feeling into making this one, lol. I hope you all enjoy!

In a far away land, between two villages, was an old pass that connected the two, called Shadow Gulch. Legend has it that this area is haunted by evil shadowy creatures that only come out on the night of a full moon. There have been reports of travelers being ambushed by these creatures and never returning alive to tell the tale. Some think of it as an old myth, while others avoid the pass at all costs on the night of a full moon, unsure whether to believe if the story has any merit to it or not, but regardless they just play it safe rather than sorry.

On just such a particular night, a group of paladins were in need of important supplies from the next village over. They had heard the stories about Shadow Gulch, but they just couldn't put it off one more night, for their needs were far too urgent to wait any longer. As night fell, and they neared the entrance to Shadow Gulch, Private Sunpaw looked up into the night sky and a worried look started creeping onto her face, as this night the moon was indeed full and she couldn't help but think of all of the things that she had heard about this place. As they ventured deeper down into the gulch, she began to grow more nervous as the shadows given off from the trees by the moonlight engulfed them slowly but surely. Without warning, a large owl sweeps by them as it is flying through the trees and Sunpaw let out a small shriek.

Commander Nelly looks over at her, saying, Sunpaw, is everything ok? You seem to be out of sorts. Oh, uh...yeah, I-I'm fine., replied Sunpaw with a shaky voice. Nelly tries her best to respond to Sunpaw in a reassuring manner, You don't sound fine, you aren't afraid, are you? As long as you believe in the light and it's guidance, you have nothing to fear. Sargent Courage, while looking up through the forest canopy chimes in, saying, I don't know, I kind of agree with Sunpaw on this one, this place gives me the creeps!

As the three of them reach the center of the gulch, they stumble across a grassy clearing, with a small river that runs through the middle, carrying leaves and sticks along with it as it flowed through the steep cliffs that surround it on either side. Commander Nelly, after scanning the landscape with her eyes notices a small bridge made of stone. As they make their way to the bride, Private Sunpaw, while looking up at the full moon squeaks out in a quiet, but still rather nervous voice. Do...do you guys really think what they say about this place is really true? Before Commander Nelly could reply, the three of them are all started by a loud and eerie sound coming from the cave below the cliffs. Sergeant Courage, regaining his composure looks down at the cave entrance with his eyes growing huge. I may be wrong, but I think we're about to find out!

Suddenly the mouth of the cave spews out what seem like hundreds of dark shadowy creatures that swarm over the clearing like locusts. Commander Nelly, astonished by the sheer number of them speaks out in a firm voice, Ok, this is it, lads, looks like we have quite a fight ahead of us, remember your training....get ready, here they come! The ensuing battle was fierce and tested everything that the three of them have learned and trained for. After a good number of them were defeated, Sargent Courage realizes that something isn't right. Hey, where's Sunpaw?? She was just here with us a while ago! Hey, you're right...a sense of dread overcomes Nelly, Sunpaw.....SUNPAW, where are you!??

HELP...can't move...ugh...can't heal! Someone....HELP ME! Commander Nelly looked down towards the direction the voice was coming from and her worst fears were confirmed, it was Private Sunpaw! She had been stunned by one of the largest shadow creatures and it didn't look like she could handle one more attack from that beast. Nelly was beside herself that she had allowed herself to lose track of her best friend. Oh no, Sunpaw! Just as they are about to run back to their friends aid, two more shadow creatures leap out from behind the nearby bush.

Sargent Courage readies himself with a look of determination, I can handle these two, you go on ahead! Nelly, questioning Courage's intentions asks, But what about you? You will really have your paws full being outnumbered, here! Courage snaps back in an urgent tone of voice. Don't worry about me! Go...save Sunpaw! Nelly, always concerned about her fellow comrades takes her helmet off of her head. Well, here, at least take my helmet! She quickly slips it over Sargent Courage's head and then bolts back across the stone bridge as fast as her legs could carry her.

Upon reaching the other side of the bride, what she sees next fills her with horror! Private Sunpaw is hunched over in pain, tears streaming down her face. As the beast raises its claws up to deal what would surely be the finishing blow, Nellys feeling of horror quickly turns to a boiling rage. No, this is NOT how it ends...I'll save you, Sunpaw!, with her eyes burning red hot, she lets out a furious growl and shouts to the top of her voice,...AVENGING WRATH!! Commander Nelly releases a blinding flash of light and a large pair of glowing angelic wings spring forth from her back! The power flowing through her was unlike anything she had ever felt before, at last she had finally achieved the one spell that had always eluded her skills.

Commander nelly lunged at the shadow beast with great force, knocking it off of its feet! The two of them fought tooth and nail for what seemed like forever until Nelly's newly learned skill unexpectedly wore off. The beast quickly overpowered her and threw her off to the side like an old rag doll. Nelly was sure that it had bested her, and she was preparing for the worst when an unfamiliar howl echoed through the gulch. Oh great, what next? Nelly thought, when her eyes caught sight of a wolf-like sillotte moving towards them at great speed.

Surely it wasn't Sargent Courage, was it? That howl did not sound like anyone she recognized. It continued racing across the grassy field, then it made a giant leap and tackled the beast away from Nelly just as it was about to pounce on her. Clearly whoever, or whatever this thing is wasn't on the shadow beasts side. Commander Nelly wasn't about to waste any more time asking questions with herself, and got up and aided him in vanquishing this foe once and for all. The mysterious stranger then raises a huge scythe and thrusts it through the shadow beast, dealing the final blow, and the shadow creature disintegrates into a fine powder.

Commander Nelly, still trying to catch her breath, approaches this unfamiliar figure, unsure of what to expect from him. Th....whew....thank you...stranger. Please, call me Seb. He takes a glance over at Private Sunpaw, who is still in a weakened state before looking back at Nelly, his silver eyes almost seemed to glow with the moonlight. Is she going to be ok? The two of them go over to Sunpaw to inspect her wounds, and after a quick examination, Commander Nelly casts a healing spell, her paw glowing with a golden light, and she places it on Sunpaw's shoulder, the light absorbing into her. Private sunpaw looks up at the both of them, tears still in her eyes. Thank you, thank you both so much.

I think she will be fine with a little rest. Nelly replies to Seb. I believe I have something that may help, as well. Seb reaches into his bag and pulls out two full bottles, one filled with mana potion, and the other with a potion for health. Sunpaw grabs each bottle and carefully laps the contents out from them. She then looks up at him with a gentle smile. Oh, thank you Seb, I think I'm feeling better already.

Suddenly Sargent Courage, battered but still in decent shape comes rushing down towards them. Hey, what's going on here, who are you, friend or foe?! Seb, taken by surprise backs up by several feet. Please, lower your weapon! I am not one of them! Commander Nelly reassures Courage that all is well. At ease, Sargent! Allow me to introduce you to Seb. If it weren't for him, there would have been two major casualties in this battle tonight. Courage's facial expression softens and a look of relief comes to his face. Ah, my apologies, Seb, I guess I'm still a little on edge from the fight, well, any friend of Nelly's is a friend of mine.

Seb's attention is quickly distracted to the cave entrance. Can you hear that? More of them are coming! You all are in no shape for another battle with these things, quickly, continue on to wherever you were going, I will hold them off while you escape! Nelly helps Sunpaw up on her feet. Thank you Seb, just know that you are always welcome by our side any time. May our paths cross again some day. Seb nods with a smile, and quickly turns around and runs toward the cave entrance, ready for whatever else may come from it, while Nelly and her comrades quickly make their way up the stone bridge to the path leading out of the gulch. Surely they will never forget their new friend and the heroic deeds he performed that evening.

(Special credit to my pal, UniqueTrash for helping with putting the scenery together. :) )
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of Shadow Gulch

Postby UniqueTrash » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Oof hello J, I looked through my items and added some ominous fog in the background, the raven trio, 3 more leaves, a branch, and swapped the deer skull for a wolf one.

If you wish to edit them, have at it. ^.^
UniqueTrash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm

UniqueTrash wrote:Oof hello J, I looked through my items and added some ominous fog in the background, the raven trio, 3 more leaves, a branch, and swapped the deer skull for a wolf one.

If you wish to edit them, have at it. ^.^

Ahh yeah, looks awesome! Thanks! :D
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:34 am

this is so creative ! you should definitely continue writing ♡

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Thu May 03, 2018 4:12 pm

You, my friend, are AMAZING at writing! What a cool story!!

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me