Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Starbears [reconstruction] by chlorophyll

Artist chlorophyll [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Starbears [reconstruction]

Postby chlorophyll » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Star Bears!

Index:
incomplete haha

Welcome, fellow humans! I'd like to introduce to you a newly-discovered creature- the Starbear!

Announcements:
Not much around! How about take a look at the artist search?

Now you may be wondering- what is a Starbear?
A Starbear is a species of bear recently discovered. They are mellow, calm galaxy wanderers that float aimlessly throughout space. They always seem starry-eyed, and for some cultures they may think they are dizzy. Alas, they are not dizzy creatures. Sometimes they seem a little bit dopey, hence "dizzy", but they always are perfectly sane. Almost.
There are three sub-breeds of Starbears: pure, median, and corrupted. Pure Starbears are incredibly rare. They are, well, essentially perfect. Corrupted Starbears are the opposite. They are beings of pure darkness. They were created by Gnaga, but we'll get into lore later. Median are the last sub-breed. They are the most common, and are neither pure dark or pure light. They are simply inbetween.

We have some rules! Be sure to read them <3

Rules

1. Respect all staff and other members.
2. Do not use other's Starbears without permission. If we aproach you about it, be sure to have written proof!
3. Do not claim you are the creator of a Starbear! (Unless you are an artist, but you do not own it.)
4. Do not edit or tamper with your Starbears.
5. Do not remove my signature.
6. Follow these rules! (:

Of course, now for lore!

Lore

Thousands of years ago, there were three Starbears. They were the only ones in existence. There was Unega the Pure,
Wudige the Median, and Gnaga the Corrupted (See a catch? The sub-breeds!). Each one grew bored, tired of just each other.
They decided to not reveal themselves to the humans, thouh that would make life a lot more interesting. The three saw how humans were often violent, irritated, and just cruel creatures in general. So they decided to create beings like themselves- starbears. Wudige was the first that started making Starbears. His were... okay. They were neither good nor bad, and that made them perfect in his eyes. Unega believed that everything should be pure. His Starbears were clean of darkness, essentially perfect beings. Wudige thought they were almost too perfect, but knowing how powerful Unega was, did not say anything. Lastly was Gnaga. She struggled to create Starbears, and hers' often turned out deformed or dark. She grew jealous of Unega and Wudige.
Gnaga saw she only was able to create darkness, and that upset her. An idea sprung to mind. She thought that if she couldn't have a perfect Starbear, nobody should. Gnaga spread her darkness to Unega and Wudige's Starbears, corrupting them to become dark,
evil creatures. Unega and Wudige knew something had to be done to stop her, but she was starting to grow stronger. They summoned as much magic as they could to seal away Gnaga. All was well, but there were too many corrupted Starbears to try and stop. that is why they still roam even today.
Wudige finally realized after a hundred years that Unega was almost too powerful for his liking. Unega had rule and power over all.
Wudige approached Unega. Unega refused to stop. Wudige realized he had to do something he never would have done in a million years (literally), but he knew this was different. A trick had to be made. Wudige planned for years, breaking the tradition of not speaking humans. He sought help from them, realizing that not all were bad. they were smarter than he had first thought. The humans heard his story, and agreed to help him. They came up with a plan. [ERROR: Skipping this part because this will become too long.] Wudige came back. He started setting up his trap. As soon as he lured Unega to it, it went off. When Unega realized what Wudige had done, he screamed in pure fury. Those were the last sounds that came out of his mouth. Unega was sealed as well.
Wudige was the last one, and he knew he must do his best to govern the Starbears the best he could. Being the last, he was the only being able to create Starbears. He developed a system, that every time a Starbear fades (dies) he would create a new one.
The humans that formerly knew the Starbears had long since been gone, but Wudige loved the humans. He reintroduced himself to the new generations, which is why we know them today.
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me