Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Time to Grow by >> Leafstorm515

Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Time to Grow

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:48 am

Felt the need to do a vent/rant drawing again haha, this time featuring my new boy Ajax looking as cute as ever <3

I really wish people would take the time to credit artists and designers?? Like it doesn't take that much effort and it
really makes a difference. I just helped someone on DA find a bunch of artist credits because the person they bought
the designs from was too lazy to link to the proper creator or artist, when they were given credits at time of sale?
It took me and this person like 15 minutes of searching to find AND link the artists/designers to the design. I find it really
sad the the person who was selling the designs didn't even take that time? I get that we're all busy but please.
it's really important for me as a designer to be credit because it helps me keep track of my designs and safeguard those
who own them against theft. Let me tell you all that designers are like watch dogs for you if you take the time to make
sure they're credited. We known our own work better than anyone and can spot copies/out right stealing very quickly.
but if we aren't sure who even owns the character/design anymore, it can be hard to know who to contact.
So really by crediting you're only helping yourself more! But think about if you were an artist as well, you would want
credit for your work because that's how we get advertisement and get to see our work used. It also helps you keep
track of rules that came with a character so you don't end up losing ownership because you forgot a rule or something.
PLEASE credit lol
- I do not need responses to this, I just wanted to vent on my art lol-

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Time to Grow

Postby Cedar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 am

I totally agree! It doesn't take much time to just put a link to the person's account, it only takes around a minute.

Anyways how do you draw snouts so good whaaaaat?

( I know you said you didn't need replies but I just wanted to say this )
Cedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 am

Jayde~ wrote:
I totally agree! It doesn't take much time to just put a link to the person's account, it only takes around a minute.

Anyways how do you draw snouts so good whaaaaat?

( I know you said you didn't need replies but I just wanted to say this )

Yess my point exactly <3
Oh gosh, snouts have always been so hard for me?? i honestly just get lucky X3 Usually I sketch a circle for the general head shape, then draw a oval/pear shape (depending on dog breed etc) to block in where the muzzle will go? kind of like this: just drew over an image. it also works for side views. Like here! that's my method, then just change the pear shade based on type of dog.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cedar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 am

>> Leafstorm515 wrote:Yess my point exactly <3
Oh gosh, snouts have always been so hard for me?? i honestly just get lucky X3 Usually I sketch a circle for the general head shape, then draw a oval/pear shape (depending on dog breed etc) to block in where the muzzle will go? kind of like this: just drew over an image. it also works for side views. Like here! that's my method, then just change the pear shade based on type of dog.

Me too, The way I drew snouts from the front looked horrid so I just gave up on snouts. Ohh, alright! Thanks!
Cedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drudi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 am

Sooo cute! ^-^ <3
Art above by Pepurrmint | Avatar by me

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
1 Peter 3:9 wrote:Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing,
because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Drudi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me