Time spent 5 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

DJ Pillowtail - Adopted

Postby 76heart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:10 pm

owned by crispy richard
What is a Pillowtail?
A Pillowtail is a Puma like creature with horns and an EXTREMELY fluffy tail, They are passionate creatures and very loving. If you don't love them they'll make you love them!! They also can go in freezng weather and are very nice too all animals, they even gain enough love and respect for a certain animal or creature they could befriend them as a pet or yet if their bond is so strong they can communicate with each other and they come in many shapes, colors and sizes! so keep and eye out for these lovable fluff balls as they are now released into our world to spread happiness and love!
woooo happy new year everyone! lets hope 2018 is great, and to kick it off, here is this Color Synesthesia inspired Pillowtail! I didn't know quite how to portray that, so I tried to go for something musical and bright, and with this one, I feel like that's how it sees sounds and music. With the double headphones (technically the one they're wearing is like a bluetooth ear piece thing) I'm guessing they'd probably be into DJ-ing of some kind but I honestly don't know. I looked into Japanese designs a little as well, and noticed a lot of wavy patterns, so that's where the body design and the half circles on the head come from.
anyways, to win this one, simply show me a song! i don't really have a specific genre or anything that I like apart from not being too fond of hip-hop or rap, so any song is fine!
inspiration

if you win this, please tell me if you'd like the hex codes, or if you'd like to be added, all colors are in the swatch thing in the corner
add all the extras and prettying up you like! the more effort and care, the more likely to get this one!
ends January 10th
Code: Select all
[size=85][center][b]username:[/b]
[b]pillowtail's name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]personality[/b]
[b]song:[/b]
[/center][/size]
Last edited by 76heart on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DJ Pillowtail - OPEN

Postby shadowloversmothie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:55 pm

username:
pillowtail's name:cj
personality: fun loving carefree pillowtail that is loud yet forgivable because she is that cute! She is easily amused and tends to be messy and lazy. She is kinda bad mannered
song: stamp on the ground- italo brothers
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /trainwreck/ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 am

username:
pillowtail's name:
song:

RES UNTIL ON PC
Pet's name: Shia

CS's Judaism Thread!Come learn and make friends![/left]
/trainwreck/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Etherial » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:47 pm

username: ♡ Trash ♡
pillowtail's name: Baioretto (Violet in Japanese ^^) Ret or Retto for short x3
personality Retto is a very chilled out and calm pillowtail, she loves to socialize and is over-all quite extroverted. Her mood changes very easily and she can go from jumping around the room smiling to laying on her bed doing nothing at all. She goes out with friends whenever possible and her schedule is almost always jam packed. Despite her caring, kind and gentle nature, she is very tough and will not hesitate to stand up for herself or others if needed. Very much a night owl and often stays up to 12-4am either partying or just doing random things and then sleeping in the next morning.
song: <3
Last edited by Etherial on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DA - art shop <3 - they/them

hello i'm a mess ethy! I love art, animation and animal crossing :).
    I'm always open as support or even to just chat so feel free to shoot me a pm <3.
Etherial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cokie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 am

I'm not entering, but this is a suuuper cute pillowtail.
I'm going to draw a headshot and post it here when it's done for whoever wins <3
born 2 die
she/ they/ it || virgo || isfp || my kalons
save your spoons, play browser games !
<3
cokie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am

username:
crispy richard

pillowtail's name:
lima

personality:
very loud and somewhat aggressive, lima is always more than happy to project their opinion across the room and get into a verbal fistfight with anyone who disagrees. they're not really capable of holding conversations with strangers all that well, not do they have a particular desire to. the headphones are a necessary part of their daily life since they get migraines and have trouble focusing when confronted with basically every other sound ever.

how does the world look to them?
there are thin threads of pale blue filtering from a pillowtail's mouth as she hums, and lima twitches. dark splotches of wine and hazelnut quickly join in as another one (j his name starts with a j) walks in and says... something. what is he saying? lima can't focus through the haze of blue and red and brown and green filling their vision, twisting around their head in thick ropes and splashes of color that look bright and ugly in comparison to the calm darkness of their eyelids.

they close their eyes. the colors follow. lima winces when their head throbs.

a new sound joins, gray sparks of somebody's heels clicking against the waxed wooden floors. another, slightly darker shade of red cuts through the other colors harshly with a single burst. it spreads, one solid red line that shifts a few times, and suddenly lima is smiling because the familiar weight of their headphones are already beating back the sounds of everything else. they risk opening their eyes, just to see who the red is

its erin, that saint. she directs them toward the couch with soft smile, and lima watches, unable to hear anything other than the soft notes in their ears, as she shoves everyone else out of the room.

song:
×∆×
Last edited by emporio! on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm

heather, wrote:I'm not entering, but this is a suuuper cute pillowtail.
I'm going to draw a headshot and post it here when it's done for whoever wins <3
ahh thank you so much, that will be so lovely for the winner! if you'd like the hex codes feel free to send me a PM <3
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DJ Pillowtail - Adopted

Postby 76heart » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:39 am

aghhhhh this was way harder than it should have been to decide i am so sorry
thank you so much to the few who entered though, i had loads of doubts about this one and it looking okay so i'm so glad you guys liked it and took time out of your day to try for it, it really does mean a lot <3
but ahhh okay, congratulations crispy richard, lima is yours! i really like how you included how they see the world, that really fits the inspiration to this pillowtail and i really liked the story to it as well. the music isn't something i'd normally listen to but i like it in an odd way, it's something i can listen to while writing without being distracted which is honestly really rare

@shadowloversmothie ahhhhh i love that song so much, it brings so many memories back of my early days when i started writing and played that song while replying if you look way back to my cringe days you can probably see the time i found it oop
@♡ Trash ♡ that is definitely a song that i'm going to listen to loads i will not lie, thank you <3 i also really like the name and personality ahh
crispy richard wrote:
username:
crispy richard

pillowtail's name:
lima

personality:
very loud and somewhat aggressive, lima is always more than happy to project their opinion across the room and get into a verbal fistfight with anyone who disagrees. they're not really capable of holding conversations with strangers all that well, not do they have a particular desire to. the headphones are a necessary part of their daily life since they get migraines and have trouble focusing when confronted with basically every other sound ever.

how does the world look to them?
there are thin threads of pale blue filtering from a pillowtail's mouth as she hums, and lima twitches. dark splotches of wine and hazelnut quickly join in as another one (j his name starts with a j) walks in and says... something. what is he saying? lima can't focus through the haze of blue and red and brown and green filling their vision, twisting around their head in thick ropes and splashes of color that look bright and ugly in comparison to the calm darkness of their eyelids.

they close their eyes. the colors follow. lima winces when their head throbs.

a new sound joins, gray sparks of somebody's heels clicking against the waxed wooden floors. another, slightly darker shade of red cuts through the other colors harshly with a single burst. it spreads, one solid red line that shifts a few times, and suddenly lima is smiling because the familiar weight of their headphones are already beating back the sounds of everything else. they risk opening their eyes, just to see who the red is

its erin, that saint. she directs them toward the couch with soft smile, and lima watches, unable to hear anything other than the soft notes in their ears, as she shoves everyone else out of the room.

song:
×∆×
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 am

aaa!!! m so happy to have them! i'd be super hyped to be added, and m rapidly building them a story now c:
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 am

crispy richard wrote:aaa!!! m so happy to have them! i'd be super hyped to be added, and m rapidly building them a story now c:
ahh that makes me so happy to hear! you've been added, and i'd love to see the story you've done for them ^-^
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me