Memories of the past

"Memories of the past" by KittayKattz

Dressup entry

Memories of the past

Postby KittayKattz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:18 am

SkullFlame sat in the tall grass, hidden in the darkness of Nightfall Forest, clutching the wilted rose rightly between his jaws.
"I'll never forget you, Ravena..." he whispered to himself. He closed his eyes as he remembered their time together, the time he wished would never end. He flinched as he remembered what had happened just last night. The fire.
He clutched the rose tighter, longing to avenge Ravena's death and see her again.
Opening his eyes, SkullFlame found himself in a dark library, the only source of light being a small flame dancing at his paws. The flame quickly moved forward, and SkullFlame followed, through the library and into an empty room.
The flame disappeared, and the room lightened. In front of SkullFlame was a small stand with an old book resting on it. SkullFlame looked around. There was nothing else in the room- there wasn't even a door. He wondered how he had even gotten into the room.
Looking back at the book, SkullFlame took a step forward. The floor creaked under his paw. SkullFlame took another step and laid his paw on the book. It was dusty, and looked as if it hadn't been touched in eons. He slowly opened the book.
Suddenly, everything started to warp, and it seemed as if everything was being sucked into the mysterious book. Then everything was black- the only thing SkullFlame could see was himself and the book. He clutched the book to his chest with both paws and closed his eyes, hoping this nightmare would end.
Suddenly, he was no longer in the library, but he wasn't in Nightfall Forest either. The wilted rose was still clutched between SkullFlame's jaws, and the book lay at his paws. As he looked to his left, he painfully remembered where he was, and part of him regretted wishing the nightmare away. He would much rather be in complete darkness with a mysterious book than next to the grave of his beloved Ravena.
Suddenly, rage took over. He would do anything to see Ravena again, even if it meant destroying everything else. He opened the book and read through. It contained spells, millions of ancient spells, of fire and ice, darkness and light. He read through the night, practiced the spells, and mastered the spells. When he finished, SkullFlame noticed something that hadn't been there before. Atop Ravena's grave, in perfect condition, was a small flower. SkullFlame instantly remembered when him and Ravena had first met, in the spring. Those flowers were in full bloom, everywhere in the forest. SkullFlame had placed one atop Ravena's head. "You look beautiful," He had said.
Then SkullFlame noticed movement on the other side of the cemetery, near Nightfall Forest. As he turned his gaze towards the forest, a black wisp disappeared into the shadows.
Could it be? SkullFlame thought. Could I have brought my dear Ravena back?
KittayKattz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me