One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Njord #1731

Postby WolfWinter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Oooo, such a handsome boy.

Username: WolfWinter
Name: Njord
Gender (Breeding Purposes): Male
What Would They Do During A Zombie Apocalypse? (1000 Words Max):

Njord would find a way to leave densely populated areas because more people in a confined space is more dangerous. A top priority would be securing the means for survival, such as: food, shelter, and territory. His kind nature would have to be buried so that he could do what needed to be done to survive. His quick wit and intellect are double edged swords; they would get him into more than one sticky situation. He is a good fighter, but it isn't his favorite thing. Even during the zombie apocalypse, he'd still salvage books to read himself or for others. He'd also find puzzles to solve to keep his mind sharp.

Extras:
Njord looked around at the chaos surrounding him. People and viscets were screaming as the undead horde grew and came after them. He shook himself out of his stupor when a flaming branch came falling towards him. He knew the chaos would only grow in the city. Looking around, he searched for a place to escape out of the city. He found it in the form of the river bank. Njord ran as fast as he could, not looking back as the city was consumed by fire and death.
Njord looked up from the riverbank; there was a zombie. He dispatched it quickly before continuing on his way. He needed to find supplies to help his pack. There was a child who needed more than just the meat he and Aurek could provide, and warmer clothes for the coming winter. They needed to find canned foods for her, or find fresh ones growing wild.
Aurek had stayed behind with the child to protect her while Njord scouted ahead. They had found her only a week ago, tears streaming down her cheeks as she climbed down from the tree she had been hiding in. His pack of two had become three. She had started speaking again only recently, and they still didn't know her name.
A few hours went by and he found an apple orchard. The trees looked well kept. He became suspicious of how well kept they were and carefully went around the open orchard to the house on the hill. It was surrounded by a fence with a base of concrete and stones and sharpened wood on top. Everything that might have made a good hiding place for a viscet had been cleared from around the house and perimeter.
He couldn't sneak up without being seen. Then there was a low growling behind him. He turned and saw another viscet baring her teeth. He couldn't back up without without going towards the house. Njord prepared to fight-
"Elli, that's enough!" yelled the man walking out of the house.
The man came out and had a strip of dried meat in his hand, a peace offering. Njord couldn't take it, he looked out to the trees wondering how many apples he could've grabbed and run off with. The viscet who had cornered him saw him looking at the orchard trees. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion
"They are ours, you know. You can't have them!" she said desperately.
"I don't want to take them from you, I need some of the fruit. Not for myself, but for a child that I'm looking after," he said.
Elli looked at him, then gave him a suspicious look. It was obvious she didn't believe him. He would need to bring the child here. He looked back at the house and saw curious faces peeking out at him. Some were younger, and some were older. Njord told the viscet on guard that he would be back, and took off before she could react.
Aurek didn't like his idea. She wanted to bring the girl with her backpack and have her fill it with as many apples as possible before taking off. Aurek told her why he thought that group was a good one and that they should possibly try joining; when winter came they wouldn't be able to watch her as they should because they would have to more than they did now. She also needed to be around other people.
Aurek sighed and agreed. They took what little things they had, and the girl climbed up onto Aurek. It was morning by the time they got to the house. Once again, Njord was met with the snarling teeth of Elli. Her snarl went away quickly when she saw the child on Aurek's back. She took off for the house and stuck her head in an open window. The same man from before came out, looking at them in wonder. The girl clung to Aurek and let out a whimper.
"Hey there, I'm not going to hurt you or your friends. Would you please come down for me, sweetie? There are other kids here you could play with, and we have stew cooking if you're hungry..." he went on like this as he coaxed the girl to get off of Aurek. Aurek followed him closely as he took the girl inside. She even stuck her head in the window so she could see the girl.
Njord chuckled at the sight and wandered off to go hunt. It would be a good peace offering to the group, and maybe help convince them to let them stay, too. A faint rustling behind him revealed that he wasn't alone. Elli's dark muzzle pushed through the underbrush. He was on a game trail, and she knew what he was doing. They tracked a herd of deer up the trail. They came across a group of wild pigs just off the trail. They were both filthy, but they had each caught a pig. They hid the pigs in a tree to come back for later.
The deer they had been tracking were eating the small apples from a wild apple grove. By the time they got back to the house, they had a large doe, two pigs, and a rabbit. Njord was hoping the rabbit fur could be used to make something warm for the girl, whose name he finally learned to be Sam from Aurek. Their dinner consisted of stew and and fresh pork. As he, Aurek, and Elli curled up to sleep in what once had been a garage, he saw flakes of snow just starting to fall. He took comfort in knowing that he found someplace safe for them, that he had found other people for the girl, Sam, and that maybe life could a new normal. Because, after all, normal is relative, even during the zombie apocalypse.

Njord grunted from the strain of pulling the dead tree. A spring storm had blown over the old spruce tree, and it was blocking the path down to the river. Njord, Aurek, and Elli, were all pulling to move the tree as quickly as possible. If they were swarmed while they were pulling the tree, they wouldn't be able to get out of the harness in time to flee.
Steven, the one who had offered Njord and his pack to live with his group, has spotted the herd that morning. Currently, he was on the watchtower frame with a pair of binoculars and a rifle with a silencer. His wife Janet was waiting by the gate with a machete; ready to cut the ropes at the first sign of trouble. Njord could here them talking.
"We need to get more concrete, we have enough stone to expand the wall to surround the orchard. Lyle has been checking the ground out and has been laying out plans on where the best places would be to put sink the supports," said Janet.
"I know, I know... I'm worried about anyone who leaves getting caught in another storm like the one we had last night, or flash floods from the snowmelt," Steven sighed.
A loud 'glomp' and popping sound alerted them that they had finally pulled up what was left of the roots. They were finally gaining ground as they pulled the tree off the path. There was a large hole in the ground where the roots were. Janet came over and untied the ropes from their harnesses when the tree was sufficiently out of the way. Njord and Aurek made their way over to Steven; before they had joined with his group they had found a construction warehouse.
After hammering out the details with Steven, it was decided that he and Aurek would go. Lyle would have to brought, because he was the only one who knew what type of concrete they needed, regardless of brand.
Njord waited with Lyle while Aurek scouted the perimeter. When she gave them the all clear, they quietly went up to the loading doors. Lyle banged on it to attract the attention of any zombie within the warehouse. Then they lifted one of the doors and were surprised to find no dead and no zombies. Njord was surprised, he thought that someone would've been there before them. Then again, the building was hidden by thick trees and the gravel road was heavily overgrown.
Aurek did find one zombie in the whole building. It was wandering around the break room when she found it. Lyle walked down the huge aisles and looked for the type of concrete that they needed. It was nearly dark by the time he found it. There was a lot of it on the industrial shelves, enough to last them years. They found a safe place to settle in for the night.
Njord couldn't sleep, so he decided to try and find something that they could use to haul back as much concrete as possible. On the south end of the warehouse there was a large stack of flat sheet metal. Nosing around in a few other areas, an idea began to form. He found more parts and started to work.
When the Aurek and Lyle woke up, they were surprised to see Njord still asleep. He was usually the first one up in the morning. Njord was sprawled out in the corner. When they woke him, it took a while for him to become fully alert. While they waited for him to wake up Aurek and Lyle discussed how best to transport the concrete.
Aurek said, "We should head back to get the horses and the cart. That way, Njord and I can take turns guarding them from any zombies that come near. You could ride in it too and-"
"That will take too long, going back and forth. We also don't know where that herd is, I'd rather not risk the horses and ourselves. Or that cart, it took Steven and I months to build it, and that's when we still had working batteries..." said Lyle.
They went on like that until Njord grew aware enough of what they were bickering about. He heard them, and started laughing. Surprised, they both turned to stare at him. He shook his head and brought them to where he had spent most of his night. A makeshift sledge was propped up on blocks. Njord was very glad he had thumbs, otherwise working the tools would have been difficult. Lyle looked over to the pile of power tools next to the sledge.
Lyle yelled in excitement and checked the power tools. Then he saw that Njord had also found solar panels. Aurek stared at Njord in awe. She knew how much everyone had been talking about finding ways to produce electricity. She gave him a sly grin.
"Well. Now I know just how much you've been paying attention to the group meetings," she said.
He chuckled and walked up to Lyle
"Wow, just, wow. It'll take a couple of trips, but this sledge will make loading easier. We can get the concrete we need now, and maybe find a way to pad the solar panels and bring those, too. That way, if we get cut off, we still have something," said Lyle, scratching his chin.
It took most of the morning, but they loaded the sledge up with concrete and found foam to cushion the solar panels that they got to fit. Lyle had to walk, but he didn't mind. It wasn't as muddy as it had been the day before. The sledge moved easily, and Lyle took care of any dead they found. It was a good day
To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage

Clacking can be heard at a distance