Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The snails by Silk.

Artist Silk. [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The snails

Postby Silk. » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Okay but
I know this is a meme and stuff but honestly I really hate it
Its getting way too much positive attention and distracting others from the actual art people are creating. I really dislike joke art anyways, but posting it in beginners oekaki just sorta makes me hate it more. It doesn't deserve a place in this fourm... its sketchy and is taking up space. Beginners Oekaki is usually where the most art is, the snail stuff is just a waste of space to me. I think if peeps are gonna make it they can at least post it in sketches and experiments, the less popular oekaki fourm
i sound like im triggered but i kinda am rip

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
𝐒 𝐢 𝐥 𝐤.

pisces. she/her. artist. crazy rabbit lady

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯
Silk.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The snails

Postby pjbuzzy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm

it was originally a genuine art idea that my friends and I had. we posted them in beginner's oekaki because we thought they were cute and we were having a fun time and people apparently enjoyed it & started making their own for whatever reason that was beyond my control. didn't mean for it to become a meme, but you can't control what people enjoy. i understand that spam art is annoying but there are only like..... 4 of them........ and they weren't.... technically spam art to begin with..... like we made some art and posted it and it became a meme. sorry if it's irritating you but i don't really think you need to be upset about it to be honest. but anyways.
and about it being "sketchy".... that's just my art style. I h8 clean lines and I like messy art. that's just honestly the way that some people do art.
no hard feelings. just felt the need to jump in since my friends and I accidentally started it.
Last edited by pjbuzzy on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pjbuzzy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silk. » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Pjbuzzy wrote:thanks
(it was originally a genuine art idea that my friends and I had. we posted them in beginner's oekaki because we thought they were cute and we were having a fun time and people apparently enjoyed it & started making their own for whatever reason that was beyond my control. didn't mean for it to become a meme, but you can't control what people enjoy apparently. i understand that spam art is annoying but there are only like..... 4 of them........ and they weren't.... technically spam art to begin with..... like we made some art and posted it and it became a meme. sorry if it's irritating you but i don't really think you need to be upset about it to be honest. but anyways.)
and about it being "sketchy".... that's just my art style. I h8 clean lines and I like messy art.
no hard feelings. just felt the need to jump in since my friends and I accidentally started it.

its understandable.
Memes spread like wildfire here.

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
𝐒 𝐢 𝐥 𝐤.

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯
Silk.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charizard2002 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Boop
ImageImageNema........................................................................................Robin Hood
charizard2002

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 pm

regardless of the situation, saying you hate someone's art and/or idea is pretty rude. even if you dislike it, snail art is art. you can't just claim it's something else because it's been turned into a meme. well, you can and did, but that's besides the point. anyways, isn't this "sketchy and is taking up space" as well? you've drawn the snail and are a part of what you hate lol
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:07 am

tbh i agree, i saw a few floating around - like what is this weird sh? creative ok then hav my like
Realized it was a meme and people were jumping on the boat and it became kinda boring ?
Can't rly stop kids on cs tho !

You've made the best one yet w/o trying, look at those booties
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silk. » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:15 am

misconceptions wrote:
    regardless of the situation, saying you hate someone's art and/or idea is pretty rude. even if you dislike it, snail art is art. you can't just claim it's something else because it's been turned into a meme. well, you can and did, but that's besides the point. anyways, isn't this "sketchy and is taking up space" as well? you've drawn the snail and are a part of what you hate lol

I said I hated how popular and how much people have made it. I didn't say I hated their art, I said I just didn't like the one piece. Yeah, I get how it was just supposed to be a little fun, but it's gone too far now. I'm not saying I hate it because its been turned into a meme, I'm saying I hate it because of how far its been taken. The art at the beginning was alright, but most of these snail pieces are just to join the popularity. Also, The picture I drew was really just a cover for the opinion because I knew people wouldn't even pay attention to what I had to say if I said it somewhere else.

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
𝐒 𝐢 𝐥 𝐤.

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯
Silk.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me