Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Samantha by fairyauthor

Artist fairyauthor [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Samantha

Postby fairyauthor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Wow it has been a long time since I've been on chickensmoothie. Had a really tough year but hopefully i'll be back now. I think I really missed this site.
Anyways, this is a new lil friend ... probably gonna get reeeaally attached to them.
got really inspired after playing night in the woods haha

Story is Sam got kicked out of the house when she was 18 because of homophobic parents. She had no money, car, or access to food or shelter. After about a week of homelessness she ended up meeting a couple of drifters who took her train hopping for the first time.
Her goal was to get to Michigan, where her cousins lived, so that she could have a place to stay. Most of her train hopping attempts were successful, and she was usually lucky in avoiding cops or jumping off just in time to go unnoticed. However one attempt at train hopping went wrong and her left leg was cut off. Eventually a kind stranger paid off her medical bills, but Samantha was now terrified of train hopping and was unable to continue. She ended up stuck in a small town in North Dakota. There she got semi settled, working a minimum wage job and attempting to make ends meet. She was unable to ever reach her cousins, but she still stayed in touch with the drifters and homeless people that passed through the town. She hopes one day to overcome her fear of train hopping and continue making her way to Michigan. She misses the travel and the community that she found when she was lost.

I'm gonna go lie down now
hopefully ill work on this some more tomorrow
[center][size=85]previously i.need.sleep, fairyauthor, and touucan
fairyauthor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me