Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Grim Hounds - Open by TheNightsIllusion

Based on Click to view
Artist TheNightsIllusion [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Grim Hounds - Open

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 am

lines and lore by W o o f
owned by TheNightsIllusion

⤜⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⤛

Links Here
Nursery

❝Grim hounds are legended to have originated when a 2 brothers are sent to the house of a black magician. During a storm, he asks of them to help him with logs for a fire. Both boys slack in their job, and instead eat the mans meager food supply. Upon finding the little food he had gone, and no wood for his fire, he put a curse upon the road back to the boys village. Voices whispered to them, And when they turned their back on the voices, they were turned into creatures. The Avdima; Or black hound - and The Elysia; The white one❞

The Elysia - “The Good”
The Elysia are the bright hounds, the brighter colored counterparts of the Avdima. These canids are responsible for protecting anyone wandering late at night across the world. Whether a drunken traveler, or a rabid wanderer; if you deserve safety, they will deliver it. These hounds are always lighter colored, with Brighter, more attractive colored vents in order to appeal to those they are protecting.

The Avdima - “The Bad”
The Avdima are the dark hounds, the aggressive partner of the Elysia. These dark souls are the heart of nightmares; and any lurking sound in the dark. Their hunting mechanism is very particular; The first step is to allocate their prey, usually lone individuals, age and gender have no matter to the meal. Upon choosing a prime subject, they frighten them using sounds- make them doubt their safety to the point in which their flight instinct is triggered- and right upon their attempt to flee, the hound strikes, a swift kill in most cases. After the prey is taken down, the hound will then feed for the remainder of the night.
Have Dull or Dark vents so they may hide in the shadows better.

Staff:

TheNightsIllusion
Ardra

Last edited by TheNightsIllusion on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Wed May 17, 2017 3:26 am

Rules:

⟶ Grim Hounds are a closed species, you may not create your own
⟶ Designs can not be edited. The only things allowed to be changed/added are accessories.

⟶ Currently you may have 10 max Grims. Not including any kind of customs.

⟶ Please respect the staff and your fellow community members

Trading + Gifting:

⟶ You are not allowed to sell your Grim for any kind of currency, whether it is real or online.
⟶ Currently you may only trade your Grims for other Grims.
⟶ You need to have own the Grim for a month before your allowed to trade it.
⟶ You may gift it after owning it for two weeks.
⟶ Please inform Night before any trade or gifting occurs

Last edited by TheNightsIllusion on Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore and Traits

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Wed May 17, 2017 3:26 am

Lore:

⟶ It is said among legends that turning one's back on a grim hound is taken as a sign of disrespect and aggression, and no matter their association, they will attack.

⟶ Both Avdima, and the Elysia speak english; it is assumed that speaking to them before being spoken to will drive the mind to an extent further than it can comprehend, and spark insanity.

⟶ Some believe that the Avdima are an incarnation, or work in league with grim reapers themselves; The hounds hint towards this being true, one quoting to a victim “My master will be pleased his list of souls to reap has shortened considerably since I came to be”. In league with this, the white hounds are said to be tasked with leading those outside of the “List” held by a reaper to safety, and to protect them from the bloodthirsty dark hounds whom have no regards to the list, and kill people on, and off of it.

⟶ The vents of a Grim Hound are said to be one of their few weaknesses, and the single vulnerability that they have. If anything was to puncture one of the vents, it would cause the hound immense pain, if not death.

⟶ It is said that anyone who survives an attack with an Avdima are left with a permanent condition, similar to PTSD, that will forever curse them.

⟶ There are 3 types of Grim Hounds; The first is said to be reapers, the alphas of sorts, or the originals; the 2 brothers turned into the start of their race. These hounds are said to be the largest, and the most potent whenever they decide to come from dormancy. They are said to have 12 vents in total, and are noticed among other hounds not only due to their immense size, but also the glowing, red chains that encircle different parts of their body. These are said to be the broken tethers that chained them in hell, and tend to move to different parts of the body depending on the circumstance. The second type is the typical Dark Avdima, and the Light Elysia. The third is the only hound that can be killed by man, and typically has a shortened lifespan if not killed beforehand- The Alyan, or Hybrid. These are extremely rare, and usually even upon the breeding of a male Elysia, and a male Avdima; the only chance of successful gestation- most hybrid pups are stillborn.

⟶ All hounds have superb strength and speed compared to that of a human, as they are otherworldly beings. They also possess the skill of hypnotizing or paralysing those who look them in the eyes.

Traits:

Anything not listed here will need to have written permission from me in order to be added to any grim hound

Basic - Minor hair edits that do not pass the chin, Teeth edits, Fur Edits, 2-3 Vents in one area

Common - Vents in more than one area, No fur/Short fur, Custom Ears, Heterochromia, Shaped Pupils, Custom Vent Locations, Eye glow different color than vent glow, Hair edits above the top of the shoulder

Uncommon - Tail Edits, Less than 2 Vents, Vents of differing colors on one hound

Rare - More than 1 Tail, 1 set of extra limbs, Horns, Lack of Vents, Missing/Extra Eyes, Shaped Vents

Legendary - More than 6 Vents, Wings, Powers, “Alyan”; Avdima/Elysia Hybrids, Gene Splicing, Transparency, PPS, Hair that reaches the ground, Abnormal Edits W/ Approval

Last edited by TheNightsIllusion on Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Grim Hounds - WIP - Please do not post

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm

-------

Random Space
TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Grim Hounds - Open

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Mon May 22, 2017 3:21 pm

bump~
R.I.P. Jade -21/06/15- R.I.P. Rascal -19/12/16-
ImageImage

More or less quitting this site. Please do not send me trades or messages.

TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vympyre » Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

mark! very cool idea
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby capone. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 am

marking !!

cap - he/him - adult
i love my fursona, bnha, and my bf more than life
and i think that’s neat
my kals - song of the week

blasty boy 💣 || song credit || icon credit x

capone.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:28 pm

mark
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me