Artist Bettalong [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

SFEGG #13 - flatsale contest | closed

Postby Bettalong » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Probably my favorite GG design of all ;W;
This GG is based off of a broken vase.. Kind of.
They have two VR traits! Two pairs of ears and three tails.
This is a flatsale contest! You must have a total of 20 points to claim them if you win.

What was the biggest heartbreak of their life..?
Code: Select all
username;
GG name; (may be picked later)
Elements; (may be picked later)
Heartbreak;

extras are allowed this time / keep prettying to a minimum !

This ends May 4th.
Good luck!
Last edited by Bettalong on Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SFEGG #13 - flatsale contest | Open

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Mark

♢ She/Her, They/Them ♢
✦ ENTP ✦
My KalonsKithclan
Warren of Place Fell
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm

username;
Dave Egbert

GG name;
Glade

Elements;
Venom

Heartbreak;
x
Breath.

One. Two. One. Two. One. Two. One. Two

ONE. TWO. ONE. TWO. ONE. TWO ONE- ONE- ONE-

A small white figure breaths but they're drowning.
Rain pelts their fur and stings their eyes, limbs long since sapped of their meager strength.

Panic was setting in. She was so cold and mud caked between her paws and soiled her fur with each step as the wind howled like a beast. In truth, the weather wasn't the monster here. It would never compare to the true evil.

Glade was the beast.
The beast her parents always feared she would become.
She let them down. Could never feel the love they never truly gave her.
Ever again.

PAIN.

She tumbles into the ground and barely feels the sting of her small, developing horns catching on stone. There wasn't just a storm pelting her body, but a storm inside as well. It was eating at her heart like a disease.

Glade's parents are dead. And she killed them.

The roar of the storm was taking over everything in her now.
Just as her eyes decided to close for good, she swore she'd felt a softness against her cheek and a voice calling.

Child...
Poor child...

Glade woke regretfully, as everything in her ached and a fever clung to her small body in waves that made her shiver. The scenery around her had changed. She was no longer in the world of rain or drowning in it but tucked away safely in a bed of sorts, mounds of blankets making a large nest. A fireplace to her back flickered gently and cracked ocasinally, casting gold shadows around an empty room with dark walls. Books littered every wall and surface, some even in piles on the floor.

Groggily the small form lifted her head from the nest, eyes swimming and confused.

Where was she?

A door creeks and the sound and smell of rain washes over her. Glade's body jerks and she struggles to stand, only to be thrust back down into the mound of blankets by a forceful hand and a stern voice.

"Settle down child, you're safe now."

The creature found fear again, and she trembled. Glade couldn't look up at the stranger, only look at their (her?) fleshy colored front legs and white fur.

"What, you don't believe me?"

All was quiet aside the soft pop the fire place gave in response. The figure above Glade sighed and slowly lowered itself to Glade's level.

Glade backed up instantly, towards the edge of the nest as if burned. She would hurt this Gator. Some how she knew she would.

"Easy, darling."

At that moment the panic in Glade dissipated as she realized something extremely unusual.

"...Wings." Glade croaked "You have them."

The white and red gator lifted an eyebrow.

"Yes, they are quite beautiful aren't they." The gator purred contently as she ruffled their expanse, settling onto her haunches to give the frightened Gator babe some space. Still, the gator narrowed her eyes and stared intently at the pup.

"Now, enough talk. Sleep some more."

"But-!" Glade interjected but was silenced once more.

"No. Sleep. You'll eat when you wake up, and then you're telling me why Nero is dead."

PAIN.

Tears pooled in the small gators silver eyes, spilling over the sides as she wailed mournfully.

"I didn't mean to, I swear on my life it-!"

"Was an accident." The gator finished for her, dropping her gaze with a sigh, approaching the babe again before settling into the nest with her. Glade couldn't move as she was pressed into the expanse of white fur and tucked under soft, warm wings.

"It's okay. This is not the end for you. Now sleep, child."

Glade whimpered as the wings lifted over her head, shielding her from the world above. She slept with the aid of a steady heartbeat.

[WIP]
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Tue May 02, 2017 5:45 am

Username -- Trollish
    Name -- Fracture
    Elements -- Venom + Electricity
    Heartbreak --

He was whole, once. Long ago he had been. The black markings on his pelt-- the cracks he bore-- spawned forth from that incident so many years ago.

He had been whole-- he found the other half of himself in his partner, his closest friend, his only real love in the world. She was stunning-- a beauty unlike any other, in his eyes. Fracture saw her and he felt like each moment was suspended, hanging in the air as things moved in slow motion. She passed him and he watched her walk away, fading into a backdrop of nature or into the city streets. She was something otherworldly, and it started off with a friendship.

They met in the park. She sat next to him on the bench and they chatted in the filtered sunlight, the trees abovehead blotting out the intense summer sun. They talked for a good hour or so, just idle dialogue that neither remember-- but what Fracture couldn't forget was her smile. The slight crescent of her lips loomed in his mind's eye, bringing him back to that day and cradling him there in that memory.

The days were long with her, and they continued to meet in the park. They talked through humid afternoons, and soon as the weather became chilly they began to meet in local cafes to avoid the biting air of fall. Fracture had never belonged to anyone before-- he'd never had someone else as his own-- and this security allowed him to open up. He shared things with her and she returned in kind. They became inseperable.

There came days where she didn't come. She didn't meet with him at the arranged times, not because she was forgetful of them, but perhaps because of some other force. Fracture couldn't know, but he was afraid to ask. He was scared to reach out to her-- what if she was sick, and his need to be around others-- his clingy nature-- what if it would inevitably push her away? Would she be bothered by his inability to devide himself from her? If he were too nosey, would she like him anymore?

She didn't come back any more. He didn't know what he'd done-- he sat in the park countless afternoons, waiting under the bench as the seasons changed around him, as rain poured down from the heavens, as it gradually became snow.

He never reached out to ask, so she believed he didn't care.
Last edited by rem sleep on Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Wed May 10, 2017 3:55 am

this has been extended to the 14th !!
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

Sorry for keeping y'all waiting for the judging post!! >O<

Firstly, I'd like to reward 5 copper to ♠Trollish♠ if you would accept.
I and everyone else who helped judge agreed that your form was really nicely written. ;; While a RU gg cannot be rewarded unfortunately for the fact that they are a SFEGG, you're free to let me know if you would like a "RU" OC design alongside the copper.

The winner of this SFEGG is Dave Egbert!
Honestly, I was in love with the buildup of Glade's character in your form. ;o; Everyone agreed that the story was very well written and very nicely developed, and we all really admired the suspense of what might happen next between the winged gg and glade. Take good care of her! ;v;

Thanks for entering!
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SFEGG #13 - flatsale contest | closed

Postby rem sleep » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 am

Cool cool, I'd like to accept the copper and "RU" OC design! :0c That'd be super duper cool!
Congrats Dave and thanks for the mention! n v n b
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist