Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

sorrel

Postby quietlights » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm

wonderful design by quillington!
they wander around in nature a lot, are pretty quiet and have a pet stoat

gender = ??? (they/them)

a s h e s . wrote:A kal who wanders around a lot in nature, backpacking and doing various things along the way. They forage for most of their food and can spend weeks at a time out in the forest. They love to wander and backpack through forests and have a strong connection with nature. Their favorite season to adventure in is winter, as they love the snow and the effect it has on the forest.Their favorite place to travel around is North America (especially forests where it gets cold enough for snow)! They have a small pet stoat (also called an ermine) whose fur changes color with the seasons (white in winter and brown in the summer). When not in nature, they can be found in small coffee shops or diners enjoying a nice hot mocha or other warm drink! Occasionally, they'll come into town to earn some money and replenish their supplies. They usually have their backpacking gear with them and are often bundled up in a lot of layers. You'll never spot them in a short sleeve shirt or shorts, as they always wear at least a long sleeve and pants. They greatly prefer cold weather, small towns and the outdoors over hot weather, cities and buildings.

Personality:

This kal hates crowds and elevators. They enjoy solitude and generally don't feel the need to seek out social interaction. When they do interact with others that may approach them, they're very calm and polite and tend to do more listening than talking. They question a lot of things, though often not out loud. They're level headed, smoothly working their way through any number of situations that might arise. They are very quiet and don't use very many words when they talk. However, they have a knack for saying just the right thing at the right time, and their word choices have a certain power to them, a certain quality that clearly conveys the layered meanings behind their words. They can become very protective of others.

Aside from basic supplies, this kal also carries a few things with them in their pack. The objects help remind them of the family they left behind, particularly their parents. These items are:
• An aluminum lighter:
This lighter is dented and worn smooth by years gone by, and it has her father's initials engraved into it. It was used by him for years, especially during his ranching days.
• A small shard of tile:
This shard has the baby paw prints of their parents imprinted in the clay. It was made by their grandparents when their parents were born. They keep the tile wrapped in a thick wad of cotton cloth to prevent it from cracking or breaking.
• A worn, soft blanket with small whales embroidered on it:
Though this may seem like a silly thing to carry around, it comforts this kal and keeps them warm on especially cold nights. It was given to them as a gift from their family for their 8th birthday. The embroidery was done by their grandmother, and whales were chosen due to how enamored this kal was by whales during their childhood and teen years.

Both of this kal's parents passed away soon after this kalon's 10th birthday, and they are (and have always been) an only child. They were born in a small town in Costa Rica, and lived there until their parents died. They loved to wander around the forest there, often with their best and only friend. After their parents' deaths, they came to live with their grandmother in Montana. Living in Montana rekindled this kal's love for exploring and even magnified it.

A note about the grandmother they went to live with - she's not from Costa Rica, but was married to this kal's grandpa (on their father's side). She passed away at age 88 (when this kal was 19) of complications from a heart surgery.

edits wrote:standard: hair, shine
common: backmane, tail, longer fur
uncommon: ears
quietlights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me