Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

bag full of hearts and the devils eye - [wip] by heartleafed

Artist heartleafed [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

bag full of hearts and the devils eye - [wip]

Postby heartleafed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:41 pm

i had an idea for a character rolling around today and i didnt feel like opening ps again
      i spent way too long on this as is and will continue to spend more time on it when it isnt 3am

he's supposed to be chernabog (just the myth) inspired and be the grandfather to another oc of mine but he kinda looks like a lotr elf so that's something i guess

also if someone wants to suggest a hair style that doesn't look as terrible as the one i slapped on him please do
      or even a name??

names?:
      lech
      mstislav (vengeance/glory? glory of vengeance?)
      pridbor (first battle)

the timer is dangerously accurate because i'm so slow when it comes to conceptualizing
Last edited by heartleafed on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image{ mars ` he ` toyhou.se }
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ------- » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 am

Lord he looks absolutely perfect the way he is. What a hunk. If anything for hair though then maybe you could simply style it up to be around the crown and highlight that shape more for a more regal silhouette? Say something like one of these. I've no idea tbh but those were the first to come to mind if anything, but I think he looks gorgeous as he is. Names I'm not sure tbh it depends on his culture and inspiration. Ugh what a stunning character though, really. I absolutely adore the shoulder piece and that the crown is his horns, because you don't see that often at all.
-------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: bag full of hearts and the devils eye - [wip]

Postby heartleafed » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 am

thank you so much
      i've been just absorbing a lot of inspiration lately and this is culmination of everything i've reallly liked and i wanted something with a great silhouette

those hairstyles really could work well for this (i almost can't get over that the second one is ilithya from spartacus but) once i get to the computer to play around with this more i'm going to try some of those out

his inspiration is slavic/eastern euro (western, he's derived from the old Wendish folklore) so i think i want to stay in that range
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ------- » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 am

No problem! He does look really good, and his inspiration and culture is A+. Really rare you see Slavic roots in characters tbh, from what I've seen. He's awesome and really, really unique too. dribbledribble
    Going to throw down a couple more that are more in that range, too, for hair. 01, 02. For names, maybe here (this is an awesome site for names).
-------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: bag full of hearts and the devils eye - [wip]

Postby heartleafed » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 am

thank you again, i am of descent myself and i've been trying to look into certain things and the folklore had always grabbed me, so that's where i'm getting a lot of it
      i'm for sure going to try out some of those hairstyles, and i love that site, i was going to go through there to see if they had anything
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me