Based on Click to view
Artist heartleafed [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

002 - rusalka [closed]

Postby heartleafed » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am

main thread

rusalkas wrote:slavic in origin, disturbed spirits of the “unclean dead”, with a penchant for drowning young men. they live only in rivers and lakes, and are known to have green hair like aquatic plants, only appearing in the night.

so for this contest, taking inspiration from an episode of face off, give this rusalka two wildly conflicting hobbies, one thats average and unassuming (knitting, for example) and one that's wild and out there (possibly something morbid? just keep it pg)

also, you don't have to keep to the myth of them for their character, or keep them female, since the typical rusalka is a girl, i just wanted to use the myth to inspire the design

design notes:
      hair is part kelp
      bright teal and yellow scales
      many sharp teeth
      chubby to keep warm in the winter months
      has a crown made of sticks, twigs, dead grass, cat tails and flowers

Code: Select all
      username:
      name:

ends saturday maybe? this kid will come with a cleaner off oekaki ref once you win them
Last edited by heartleafed on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image{ mars ` he ` toyhou.se }
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 002 - rusalka

Postby trans » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 pm

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
username: trans
name: jishka (jiji for short)
hobbies:
cracking clams wrote:a "pretty average" hobby for a pretty average person. jishka finds her "hobby" of cracking clams to be a great stress reliever and a good way to focus her energy on something not too terribly destructive. whenever she feels the pressure of the world get to her, she can usually be found hours later with a decent sized pile of cracked clams beneath her, where scavengers have already begun to circle around. she finds it humorous how easily she can bring other creatures to her, and will sometimes use this to her advantage, however she usually lets passing creatures do as they so please without interference from her.
treasure hunting wrote:many dont expect much of jishka. she's just an average, nobody noteworthy, a number among many, and both her attire and attitude fuel this assumptions further. however, jishka can be more awful and selfish and greedy than many would think her to be. the crown she wears on her head is sentimental, but the jewels and riches that lie in the depths of her abyssal home glimmer and sparkle like diamonds in the sun's light. she is a thief--a pirate almost in nature--and she isnt afraid to do whatever it takes to get the pretty little trinkets she sets her sights on. she can be very vicious and cold, and her sympathy runs as dry as a desert river when it comes to treasure hunting.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Last edited by trans on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mahito » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm

username: reigen
    name: miloš
    hobbies:
      ` accessory crafting — using the discarded items found along the banks of their river, the treasures from the people they drown, and the natural world around them, they create pendants, bangles, and the occasional pouch ( to call the woven kelp a purse would be giving it far too much credit - ) that crown of theirs is one of their favorite creations to date. when they're idle, they spend much of their time giving these plain objects new life, and it brings them a lot of joy in doing so.

` mannequins/dolls — where are those accessories going, though? while the idea of diy jewelry is innocent enough, it's not as though their river has many other residents that could wear them - other than those that've fallen prey to the rusalka themselves. though they're not much for conversation, they do prove to be quite convenient for displaying the accessories they make. the riverbed looks a bit like a morbid dollhouse, skeletons posed like window-displays to show off their creations as best as they can be. miloš actually changes their poses quite frequently, as though there's anyone else around to appreciate it.

noe | adult | he/him 🐇
garage kit and bjd enthusiast. big lover of tactile art but i do digital too :3
i show up. i post one oekaki. i leave for six months. i show up. i post one oekaki. i lea

mahito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartleafed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:52 am

this ends in a few more hours so last call for forms
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:18 am

username: Bentley
name: Derian
hobbies:
Derian enjoys the hearty, easy hobby of collecting shells and rocks from the bottom of the lake. The shiny ones, the funny-shaped ones, the ones with odd stripes and spots and something that might be damage from a predator or some odd creature - they all have a place on his little den's rocky shelf. Or his stone and kelp 'table'. Or the mud floor. Honestly he's not picky about where they go in his abode, anymore.

On the other hand, he also likes finding the skulls of animals that have drowned in the sticky, swampy mud, decorating them with clay, feathers, and whatever else he can find, and mounting these newly-made monster heads around the banks. He claims it wards off intruders, but it might also be a way of literally 'making' friends, as he catches himself talking to some of them, and giving them personalities and the like.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby space cactus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:49 am

username: space cactus

name: zlata mladenka

hobbies:
❃ building houses for fish
zlata loves finding fish and keeping them. because she lives in a river, the fish are many. not many stay, however, no matter how pretty a little home she builds them. and so she keeps on building them, keeps on waiting for a fish to stop by and love her back. her favorite little fishies are the ones that flash golden when the moonlight catches them, because her name means gold and she does have an element of vanity to her.

❃building crowns
zlata also loves building herself crowns. for decoration she uses all the natural plants she can reach, as well as twigs she sharpens using her teeth. if she wants to feel extra pretty, she gets some sparkling little fishy scales. of course, she likes the golden ones the most. although she loves being sweet and caring, sometimes she just wants to treat herself. maybe that's why no fishies stay with her...?
space cactus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 002 - rusalka [closed]

Postby heartleafed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 am

the winner is reigen

it was a hard pick bc everyone had great forms again, so i'm going to do a ru for bentley (if you want one, if so just let me know what color scheme/pallet you want)
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 002 - rusalka [closed]

Postby mahito » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 pm

waaaaaa thank you so much!!
i'll take good care of them!! :'0

noe | adult | he/him 🐇
garage kit and bjd enthusiast. big lover of tactile art but i do digital too :3
i show up. i post one oekaki. i leave for six months. i show up. i post one oekaki. i lea

mahito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me