Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mountain Sabers - Adopts by Raptocidic

Based on Click to view
Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mountain Sabers - Adopts

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:55 am

Mountain Sabers
Mountain Sabers are often told of in stories by tribes and anyone who has encountered them. Often considered somewhat magical, only a few actually posess magical traits. They're often known as vicious monstrous beasts, and quite rightly. Whilst they are not commonly known to eat humans, even the smallest sabers can easily kill a human in one blow of its paw. Wild Sabers are often quite fearless and wont hesitate to approach humans. A Mountain Saber's size can vary from anywhere between 1m to 5m in height.

Most are scared of them from their size and power, but if you can find your way to a Mountain Sabers heart, the Saber can be tamed and will become a loyal friend. If you have a tamed saber, you can put armour on them. The purpose is often just to show off, though it can heal a Mountain Saber when it's injured.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mountain Sabers - Rules

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 am

Rules
be kind and respective to staff and others
you may own as many sabers as you wish
dont steal others mountain sabers
dont claim you came up with the species
myos and customs are currently unavailable

Staff Rules
Artists may make themselves a custom once every 10 sabers they make
Artists must make at least 1 saber per month

rules may change as i go along
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain Sabers - Staff

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 am

Owner:
q1q2q3q4

Artists:

Mods:
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain Sabers - Habitat and Diet

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 am

Habitat
There are 3 main natural habitats that Mountain Sabers live in. Mountain Sabers can live in other areas too, due to their good adaptability.

Domesticated sabers will happily live inside our outside a house, provided they have some freedom over where they go. It is rather common that owners keep them in fields, as only the smaller sabers are able to fit inside a normal room.

Silver Mountains
The Silver Mountains are the main habitat for mountain sabers and also the most densely populated area. The land there is very rocky and cold, causing a silver lining of frost and dew to cast itself over the mountains every day. During sunset and sunrise, the silver glistens.

Snow Fields
The Snow Fields are wide open areas in cold climates, often ones that are prone to snow. This is the only common habitat for Mountain Sabers that can be in multiple areas.

River Surface
The River Surface is a small area, located in the middle of the ocean. It is deep under the water, below the seabed. The River Surface is mostly a network of underground tunnels, with a saltwater river running through it. There is a way to the ocean floor from there, but it involves climbing up a steep ledge and then swimming through a tunnel. The River Surface, whilst small, creates a strangely ideal habitat that sustains a wide variety of creatures.

Diet
Mountain Sabers ard omnivorous, meaning they can eat a wide variety of foods.
In the wild, their diet varies depending on the habitat.

Silver Mountains
Prey in the Silver Mountains are scarce, so the main diet there is made up of various plants, often berries and small flowers. Other foods include insects, small birds and grass. Most Mountain Sabers that live in the Silver Mountains (or similar areas) will also eat dead carcasses that have been left by other predators.

Snow Fields
The food available in the Snow Fields varies greatly. In some areas, food such as voles and other small mammals are available, but other area's prey is scarce. The most common diet in the Snow Fields is plants and nuts. A common behaviour for Sabers living in Snow Fields is to bury and store food, a bit like squirrels.

River Surface
The River Surface provides a lot of potential food. Diets are rich there and are often made up from small mammals, fish, insects, carrots (a strangely common plant there) and bats, though there are plenty more food options. Whilst most Mountain Sabers cant breath underwater, sabers that live in the River Suface will often swim to the seabed, collecting kelp, seaweed, sea urchins and crabs.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain Sabers - res

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 am

res
Raptocidic