Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sɴᴇɢɢʟᴇs - GRAND OPENING! by winkatuck

Artist winkatuck [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sɴᴇɢɢʟᴇs - GRAND OPENING!

Postby winkatuck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Sɴᴇɢɢʟᴇs

Fanclub | Nursery | Customs & MYOs | Archives

Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀ Sɴᴇɢɢʟᴇ?

A Sneggle is a... a... well. We thought it was going to be a new breed of snake but then we realized a lot of these creatures show features often with or without legs. So in a last minute attempt at a proper name we called them their own species. Sneggles. Sneggles appear to have properties that allow them to travel between different realities, allowing them to harness a vast pool of mutations seen unlike any other.

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ
The first Sneggle was named Frank, he (it?) was found in an old abandoned mineshaft off the coast of some island no one can recall the name of. We didn't think it was an important discovery in history to keep track of, just a breed of snake we were sure someone had found already. They donned large oval heads, fur around said large cranium, large dead appearing eyes, sharp jagged beaks and a long shorter furred body. What came to our discovery, however, was how quickly these "snakes" began to pop out of thin air all over Earth. Snake wasn't the correct term, considering about half would appear with limbs, wings, prehensile parts, etc. We still don't quite know what they are, but they don't seem to be of this world. Scientists have determined these "Sneggles" are a species capable of existing between what could possibly be, other dimensions of existence. Most of this stuff is still a mystery to us.

Needless to say, Sneggles are mostly harmless creatures in our world whose diet varies as greatly as ours. Their size range from 2 to 6 feet in length. A lot of people have recently gotten into taking Sneggles up as pets as they have good temperaments and are very social. They are adaptable minus requiring a certain amount of heat to survive like most cold blooded animals. Sneggles communicate with each other in just about any non-human language, some can even mock human words or phrases like a parrot. Most chirp, hiss or click their tongues, some like to communicate with other animals using anything they can learn be it barks, meows and even croaks. People who breed them state they vary greatly in mutations, scientists agreeing that their DNA are unstable. Sneggles do not have any definable reproductive systems, if they have genders they seem unaware of it. A lot of people tend to dress up and give gender specifics to their Sneggles, the creatures don't seem to mind this.

Rᴀʀɪᴛʏ

Sneggles come in all shapes, sizes and color, but there are a few exceptional traits that are rarer than the rest. Sneggles can commonly have any and all traits outside of these:

- Multiple heads
- No body
- Glow (parts or markings)
- Transparent (parts or markings)
- (Complete) Heterochromia
- Albinism (Really light low contrast design with blue/pink eyes and bright pink pupils.)
- Melanism (Really dark low contrast design with brown/black/yellow/dark blue eyes.)
Last edited by winkatuck on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Limitations

Postby winkatuck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Rᴜʟᴇs

- All CS rules apply
- Do not make your own without my permission
- Ask me before making a rare trait Sneggle
- Do not harass others in the community
- Co owning is not allowed
- Do not steal other's Sneggles
- You may trade Sneggles for other's Sneggles
- You may not sell or buy Sneggles for any currencies
- I may revoke someone's Sneggles if rules are not followed

Lɪᴍɪᴛs

- You may own up to 10 Sneggles (13 for staff)
- Sneggles may breed up to 3 times
- Sneggles will only have 1 sometimes 2 babies
- Each rare trait will only pass down to 1 breeding
- Sneggles may only breed once every 3 weeks
- GA may only make three designs and give a runner up for one
- The Archivist will be given a custom for every 50 Sneggles they archive
- Artists may make a custom for every 10 Sneggle designs they make and adopt out
- All staff are allowed up to 3 customs

Gᴜɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs

- Use size 1 square pixelized brush for lining.
- Use the no leg layers for adopts without legs.
- Use the leg layers for adopts with legs.
- Use the paint bucket fill tool for color swatches and eye ref.
- Cover adopts are strictly prohibited.
- You may do unique backgrounds.
- You may do custom lined adopts.
- List all the edits accordingly when posting a new adopt.
- Properly number all adopts.
- Try not to give RUs for simpler contests without writing or art.
Last edited by winkatuck on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Opportunities

Postby winkatuck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Tʜᴇ Oꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴛᴀꜰꜰ Lɪsᴛ

Oᴡɴᴇʀ
Winkatuck

Aʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛ

- TBA

Gᴏʟᴅ Lɪsᴛ
- Cleverify
- Akemi-chan
- Mon

Aʀᴛɪsᴛs
- TBA
- TBA
- TBA

GAs
- TBA

Hᴏᴡ Dᴏ Yᴏᴜ Pɪᴄᴋ Sᴛᴀꜰꜰ?
I pick staff mostly via what potential new staff offer me from their galleries. I'll look at examples from oekaki only since we don't do off site or cover adopts. Artists I like I will allow to be GA and if the community seems to really enjoy them, a full artist after that. Sometimes I'll allow friends or staff from other past projects to come on without question as I know their skill level already. Note that I will not pick someone with nothing in their gallery.

Cᴀɴ I ʙᴇ Sᴛᴀꜰꜰ?
Send me an application via CS pm or post on this thread. We'll see. Normally you'll start off as a GA but if you do good I'll hire you full time.

Hᴏᴡ Dᴏᴇs GA Wᴏʀᴋ?
Anyone can be GA, all you need is working oekaki, basic lineart skill and a bit of design skill. You fill out the artist application and send it to me via CS pm or post on this thread. If I don't pm you within a few days to a week, you probably didn't make the cut, please don't spam me about it. I'll try to reply with a reason why if I have one, I make no promises to critique everyone. Try again after you've done more art and gained more experience.

Cᴀɴ I ʙᴇ GA?
You sure can! Just fill out the artist application and send it to me via pm or post on this thread. If I like your stuff you'll be one step closer to being a full time artist! If you don't want to be a full time artist and just want to make a few designs as a GA, please state so in your application.

Cᴀɴ I Gᴇᴛ Fɪʀᴇᴅ?
The only way you would get fired is if you're not GA and you break any of the rules everyone else has to follow. That means constant harassment of community members, etc. GA may not be fired but may be cut from their position prematurely. Or basically any normal artist that does not make an adopt for a year or more.

Hᴏᴡ Dᴏ I Gᴇᴛ Oɴ Tʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅ Lɪsᴛ?
The Gold List (TGL) is a special place for close friends who I love their work so much I'd never fire them. There's no special way to get on TGL, if we're close I'll add you. Asking me to be on the Gold List will only hurt your chances, so please don't ask if you're not on there already. You'll get on the list eventually if keep at your job and we all get along. c;

Aʀᴛɪsᴛ Aᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
Code: Select all
[size=150]I Wᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ Aʀᴛɪsᴛ![/size]
[size=85][b][u]Line art Edit Examples:[/u][/b] (Link at least three to five oekaki pages, not images. Can be used for both example categories.)
[b][u]Design Examples:[/u][/b] (Link at least three to five oekaki pages, not images. Can be used for both example categories.)
[u][b]Anything Else?:[/b][/u][/size]

Aʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛ Aᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
Code: Select all
[size=150]I Wᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ Aʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛ![/size]
[size=85][b][u]Past Experience:[/u][/b] (Please link or simple put none.)
[b][u]How often are you on CS:[/u][/b] (Daily or weekly guesstimate will be fine.)
[b][u]Why do you think you should be hired:[/u][/b] (No right or wrong answer here.)[/size]
Last edited by winkatuck on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Advertising

Postby winkatuck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

stamps and affiliates
winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sɴᴇɢɢʟᴇs - open for posting!

Postby winkatuck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 pm

feel free to mark now!
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby D3ath Crawl3r » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 pm

mork!!

xxx╔════════════════════════╗

xxx Formerly An Irritated Chair

xxa lil odd

xMy Babs

xxxxxxxxxxixxxxxxxxx ╚════════════════════════╝

D3ath Crawl3r

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

mARKS THIS WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND GODS
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Maaaarrrrkkkkk!!!!!!

♢ She/Her, They/Them ♢
✦ ENTP ✦
My KalonsKithclan
Warren of Place Fell
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alihorse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:56 am

Mark
Alihorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 am

Marking my dude! Can't wait to see them! :w:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me