Why Do I Bother With Love?

"Why Do I Bother With Love?" by hollyglow

Dressup entry

Why Do I Bother With Love?

Postby hollyglow » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Kenzie was never very pretty. And that didn't bother her. She was perfectly content to draw and write. No matter what people said about her appearance, she shrugged it off. After all, it would never affect her life, right? Of course, that all changed when she met Lucy Grace.

Kenzie first saw Lucy Grace in science class, where she'd started crying bevause they were dissecting chickens. Lucy Grace loved animals, and she couldn't stand the thought of cutting one apart. Kenzie had stared along with the rest of the class as tears streamed down her face. She'd looked so beautiful, her crystal blue eyes sparkling, her perfect lips forming a delicate frown. And from that day, Kenzie was hopelessly in love.

While Lucy Grace adored animals, she was much harsher towards people. Manipulative, distrustful, and conniving, but somehow, still popular. The first thing Kenzie learned about Lucy Grace was that she hated her name, although Kenzie thought it was beautiful. Instead, she wanted to be called L. G.. Additionally, she was very judgemental, and wouldn't give Kenzie the time of day. Kenzie tried everything. She dyed her hair, wore the right clothes, even makeup. She tried to fit in. She ignored her art and her writing in her attempt to get L. G. to notice her. Then, one day, L. G. got bored.

"Honestly...McKenzie? Is that your name? Stop following me around like a lost puppy. You're so...ugh. Your hair, your skin...I've never seen anything like it, and I don't like it. Stop trying so hard to fit in. You never will." And with a flip of her hair, L. G. turned and pranced away, oblivious to the love she'd just destroyed.

Kenzie was heartbroken. She returned home and sat down, clinging to her teddy bear. L. G. was so beautiful. Why? Why? Why was it so hard?

Last bumped by hollyglow on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm.
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me