Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by trans

CherubCat adopt #7 // Cherry Blossom

Postby allium » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 pm

cherub cat adopt #7

What is a cherub cat? wrote:Cherub Cats are feline-like creatures with wings, magical cheek swirls, and prehensile tails capable of supporting their own weight. The adorable little things come from a realm similar to fantasy-medieval settings, but can be drawn in any setting including futuristic scenarios. Every Cherub Cat has their own unique personality, hobbies, and interests. No two Cherub Cats are exactly alike!

Main thread

Pretty pretty cherry blossoms! I wonder what this pretty kitty spends their time doing?

Edits:
-Custom hair
-Fluffy cat tail
-Custom ears
Custom tongue

For this comp, I want you to explain this Cherub Cats favorite past time or hobby, as well as provide a favorite song(s)!
-You have two extras for art or a max of 400 words total
-You can have up to five songs for the second question
-Editing is allowed until the end date

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]What is their favorite pastime?(250 word limit)[/b]

[b]What is their favorite song(s)?[/b]

This will end on 2/18/17
good luck everyone!
Last edited by allium on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CherubCat adopt #7 // Cherry Blossom

Postby friggin' foxes » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:54 am

Name:
Sakura

What is their favorite pastime?(250 word limit)
Flower Veiwing
In Japan, the centuries-old tradition of hanami, the viewing of cherry blossoms—and picnicking beneath them—is one of the very best ways to welcome spring.

Like many words in Japanese, hanami has both a literal translation and also carries with it unspoken associations of mood, sentiment, or activity. It is made up of two written characters, and at face value, translates to "flower viewing"—hana is “flower(s),” and mi means “watching or viewing.” Yet it comprises much more than that.

In Japan, hanami relates specifically to blossoming flowers on sakura (cherry) or less frequently ume (plum) trees—the latter viewing of which can also be characterized as umemi. There is a sakura-zensen, or blossom forecast, and there are hanami blogs, news reports, special menus, and talk shows following the blossoms as they go into full bloom from early February (Okinawa) to the beginning of May (Sapporo). Across the country, families, friends, and even coworkers schedule time under the blossoms, where they bring elaborate picnics and spend the day eating, singing, and watching the flowers. It is a national pastime, and it is a big deal.
Sakura loves the culture and beauty of flower viewing and the fact her name is involved. Though it's only for a short time that Sakura gets to these beautiful flowers she find her self growing her own indoors come Winter. Of course they aren't cherry blossoms but she grows usually roses or lilies and enjoys them just as much.

What is their favorite song(s)?:
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=VNdHd ... ture=share

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-Fh ... ture=share

Gif that reminds me of them:
https://49.media.tumblr.com/d1fdf9e19a8 ... o1_500.gif
Last edited by friggin' foxes on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Name: asuka

What is their favorite pastime?: asuka's favorite past time is no doubt making intricate candy flowers. each candy is made with careful precision and she gives her utmost attention to each one to make sure every single one is perfect. the tiny candies are decorated to look like all kinds of flowers, though her favorite to make are cherry blossoms and buttercups. she learned how to make them from her mother, who had been passed the recipe from her grandmother. the recipe is a family secret, and asuka intends to keep it that way, never sharing how exactly she creates the ladybug-sized treats.

(98/250)

What are their favorite songs?
      1. five bells - coco and the butterfields
      2. dog days are over - florence + the machine
      3. the spine song - cake bake betty
      4. rescue - yuna
      5. girls like girls - hayley kiyoko

Personality: asuka is a rather friendly cherubcat, and she makes a point of greeting everyone she meets with a big smile. inspiring hope in her peers wherever she goes, asuka is a literal "ray of sunshine" to those around her. whether it's during a time of great loss or in the face of an enemy far greater than herself, she somehow manages to stay positive and keep an optimistic outlook no matter what. nothing can get her down.

asuka is the living definition of the phrase, "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." no matter how much her curiosity to learn about everything and anything brings her down, she bounces back up with ten times as much resolve as before. there is scarce a moment when she's down for the count and not eager to learn everything she can about the world she lives in.

asuka is also forgiving; there is little you can do that she wont forgive you for. by nature, she's a firm believer that people can change, even those who've been deemed too far gone. this isnt to say she doesnt have a limit, because she most certainly does, but she is more understanding that people can be changed if given the opportunity and tools to do so. (and more importantly, they want to change.) however, it is wise not to betray her trust. just because she gives you one chance, doesnt mean she'll give you an infinite number of them. break her trust one too many times, and you're as good as dead to her.

asuka, despite however foolish, clumsy, and all around inconsiderate she might come off as, she is more clever than she first appears. asuka is perceptive to those around her, and often takes into account the emotions of her peers to plan her next actions accordingly. those who know her as the ditsy goofball who glows about as bright as the sun she loves so much are usually surprised to find out she's not as unknowing as she seems.

asuka is known for being excitable. it doesnt matter if it's someone else's birthday or her own, asuka is almost always buzzing with extra energy. the energy she radiates, some might say, is almost tangible in a sense; it clings to her and those around her like a warm, fuzzy blanket and gives off a sense of security and trust.

(399/400)

A gif that reminds me of them:

Last edited by trans on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 am

bump~
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:41 am

bump~
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:26 am

bump~
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:24 pm

trans wrote:
      Name: asuka

What is their favorite pastime?: asuka's favorite past time is no doubt making intricate candy flowers. each candy is made with careful precision and she gives her utmost attention to each one to make sure every single one is perfect. the tiny candies are decorated to look like all kinds of flowers, though her favorite to make are cherry blossoms and buttercups. she learned how to make them from her mother, who had been passed the recipe from her grandmother. the recipe is a family secret, and asuka intends to keep it that way, never sharing how exactly she creates the ladybug-sized treats.

(98/250)

What are their favorite songs?
      1. five bells - coco and the butterfields
      2. dog days are over - florence + the machine
      3. the spine song - cake bake betty
      4. rescue - yuna
      5. girls like girls - hayley kiyoko

Personality: asuka is a rather friendly cherubcat, and she makes a point of greeting everyone she meets with a big smile. inspiring hope in her peers wherever she goes, asuka is a literal "ray of sunshine" to those around her. whether it's during a time of great loss or in the face of an enemy far greater than herself, she somehow manages to stay positive and keep an optimistic outlook no matter what. nothing can get her down.

asuka is the living definition of the phrase, "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." no matter how much her curiosity to learn about everything and anything brings her down, she bounces back up with ten times as much resolve as before. there is scarce a moment when she's down for the count and not eager to learn everything she can about the world she lives in.

asuka is also forgiving; there is little you can do that she wont forgive you for. by nature, she's a firm believer that people can change, even those who've been deemed too far gone. this isnt to say she doesnt have a limit, because she most certainly does, but she is more understanding that people can be changed if given the opportunity and tools to do so. (and more importantly, they want to change.) however, it is wise not to betray her trust. just because she gives you one chance, doesnt mean she'll give you an infinite number of them. break her trust one too many times, and you're as good as dead to her.

asuka, despite however foolish, clumsy, and all around inconsiderate she might come off as, she is more clever than she first appears. asuka is perceptive to those around her, and often takes into account the emotions of her peers to plan her next actions accordingly. those who know her as the ditsy goofball who glows about as bright as the sun she loves so much are usually surprised to find out she's not as unknowing as she seems.

asuka is known for being excitable. it doesnt matter if it's someone else's birthday or her own, asuka is almost always buzzing with extra energy. the energy she radiates, some might say, is almost tangible in a sense; it clings to her and those around her like a warm, fuzzy blanket and gives off a sense of security and trust.

(399/400)

A gif that reminds me of them:

Winner!
I love the character you created here, and the effort you put forth <3
Take good care of Asuka!
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery