Based on Click to view
Artist owlcoholik [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Capella #5

Postby owlcoholik » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Capellas are creatures who make up for their innate laziness by being highly sensitive to their environments and extremely adaptable.
Their defining feature are the tympanica on their body, which is similar to the ears of a frog or the human eardrum. These are used to detect the sounds and vibrations from their environment.

IM GETTIN THE HANG OF THIS OEKAKI THING >:~~)

this capella is based off of classic by MKTO ! a special valentines day boy

to win this one draw/write them doing something (even vaguely) valentines day related! it can be pretty much anything as long as you can find some way to tie it back to valentines day. no word limit or anything, i'll be judging based on how much i like your idea, not on the quality of your art/writing!
"prettying up" or "extras" as yall like to call em are fine too! seriously just have fun with it, tell me the character you see in this design in whatever way you do best ; )

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]story:[/b]

ImageImageImage
my username was spottyshan / shannonfrogi13 back in the day

ImageImageImage
owlcoholik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Capella #5

Postby mongrel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Hnnng mark.
Because classic bby.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

╒═══════════════════════════════════╕

reqυιred

username: trans

╘═══════════════════════════════════╛

━━━━ ( ♥ ) ━━━━

вaѕιc

name: madonna
      nickname(s): donna
      pronouns: she/her

━━━━ ( ♥ ) ━━━━

perѕonalιтy/нaвιтѕ

traits: a meddler, nosy, attentive, easily stressed, hard-worker
      a hopeless romantic, a dreamer, thinks and talks big and can
      usually make it reality, very trusting, a bit naive

habits: tries to get people together if it's obvious they both like
      each other, daydreams more than what's probably normal, often
      spaces out while others are talking

━━━━ ( ♥ ) ━━━━

lιĸeѕ/dιѕlιĸeѕ

likes: sweets (particularly cake), flowers (especially roses),
      baking, giving others gifts, heart-shaped anything, the colors
      red and pink, valentine's day

dislikes: dirt on her paws, mud in her fur, water in general,
      swimming, spicy foods, most energy-taxing activities, plain
      cookies or crackers (taste bland)

━━━━ ( ♥ ) ━━━━

wrιтιng

story: ↴
      ! wrote:madonna hummed to herself as she stitched, each new stitching signifying she was one stitch closer to being done.

the entirety of the previous and current week, she had been making stuffed plushes for each of her friends. she wasnt one to participate in valentine's day herself, but most of her friends had those special somebody's in their lives and she thought it'd be nice to make them gifts for the holiday.

she loved valentine's day, just the participating aspect wasnt one she was interested in. she was much more content getting her friends lots of gifts and presents instead.

as she finished the stitching on the current plush's arm, she set the needle down to take a break, giving her aching paws a shake. they were starting to hurt, and although she was usually fine with pushing herself, right now, she just wanted to take a nap..

but what about the current plush she was working on? if she didnt get it done today, she'd have no time to finish it tomorrow with all the preparations going on for the big day.

anxiety clawed at her stomach and insides while she tried to fight off the sleepiness. she couldnt doze off now, not when she had so much to do!

but goodness... she was oh so tired.. maybe just a quick rest couldnt hurt?

of course not. in a few hours, she'd wake up, finish this plushie, and then she could sleep for a few more precious hours.

>>>>>

madonna woke with a gasp, but quickly shrank when she realized the bright light was shining through the window.

that could only mean.. oh no. oh no, oh no, oh no!

that meant she'd slept all night, and now she had no time to work on the final plush!

oh, she--she had to get started right away! she didnt have enough time to be sitting around fretting!

hurriedly, the capella clambered over to her chair, where the plush still sat, waiting to be finished. she got to work quick, trying to work as fast she could without ruining any of the stitching.

she couldnt take her eyes off the clock for a good bit of time, but she realized the more she looked at it the more time she was wasting doing nothing. madonna hurried even faster at that revelation, stabbing her paws on the needle quite a few times, but ignoring it in favor of finishing up.

an hour later, the final product was done, including the heart-shaped button she'd placed where the bear's "heart" would be, and a pretty little bow over its right ear.

finally, she was done. however, all she could feel was exhaustion. sure, she was proud, but now she was tired again, and she wasnt sure she could find her friends without falling asleep on the way.

still.. she had to deliver all these plushies, and she wanted to do it herself, because what was a gift if you werent there to give it to the person themself?

madonna sluggishly got out of her chair, and went to collect the rest of the plushies she'd made. she had a long way to go before she could nap again, but she was mildly confident she could do this. she just had to believe in herself, and remind herself of the fact her friends will probably love the gift she made them.

with a quick once-over of everything, she set out to complete her goal.

Last edited by trans on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alihorse » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 pm

username: Alihorse
story: "Ah, Valentine's Day." She begins to write on her paper. She passes the note to her buddy. She awaits and gets the note back with "Need help decorating?" Marilyn gives the note back, "Sure. It would be nice if you could," she whispers. After the college lecture is over, she walks to her dorm. Glitter, glue, and paper is spread on the table. The phone rings, "Hello?.... Oh! Hey (/Crush name:)!.... Yeah the party will be soon.... Cool! Alright I will see you there! I lo-...." the phone hangs up. Marilyn sighs and hangs up the pastel banners. (/BFF/) comes over with the butter cookies that she made herself. "I heard (/Crush name/) is coming over!" (/BFF/) says with a gleam of lust in her eyes. "This is the year. I will finally make him like me. Not like- LOVE me." Marilyn exclaims. ~Later this night~ "This song is loud!" (/Crush name/) says. "Ye-Yeah. Wanna go somewhere else?" Marilyn asks. They walk outside- "You know, your eyes sparkle like diamonds." (/Crush name/) says blushing. "I can't hold this in-" "I love you" he says to her. Both sit there staring into each other's eyes, eventually embracing in a kiss, which both thought was worth while.
(BFF and Crush will be ocs but I haven't made em yet.) ❤️
Alihorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 am

username: NerdInHufflepuff
story: "Just because she had a friend that's a guy doesn't mean they loved each other" as she had told her friends. They still made "kissy faces" behind her back, she knew it. It was driving her insane, with valentine's day coming up and everyone acting all lovey-dovey. It was just dumb. She grumbled as she chucked another fake valentine in the trash, but keeping the chocolate because why throw away free food? even if it was very annoying She walked outside, carefully avoiding anything valentine's related. She only really liked valentine's because of free chocolate, and she was pretty sure most other people did too. She wondered what it would be like if she had actually liked her friend as something more than a bro to play video games with it. But that's dumb. Love is dumb. She thought, stepping over some fallen streamers. She was sick of it. She took the streamers and dumped them in the trash and walked home to eat chocolate. (Like I would do.)
Hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cainhurst » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am

username: oneiromancer;
name: amantius; "loving"

wip
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

username:
      "We never said "our love was evergreen"
      Or "as unchanging as the sea"
      But if you can still remember,
      Stop and think of me"
      -Phantom of the Opera
    happysparrow

Name:

Amor

story:

Just one final touch, and Amor was done. The male capella leaned back in his chair, holding up the jewelry he had so carefully crafted. Business always seemed to pick up during the Valentine's season, and he was determined not to let it get the best of him! Setting the necklace aside, he smiled warmly before pulling over the box of seafoam he was using. His jewelry was, and always had been, special. Amor collected the seaglass himself, straight from the shore just blocks from his home, and used wire to wrap it and decorate it. Sometimes he even added charms, based off of the color of the foam. Perhaps a pink piece of glass and a little hibiscus flower, or a pale yellow piece of glass and a tiny bumblebee. Every piece he made was unique, and Amor made sure each had an added spark of personality. The one he had just finished, however, his eyes seemed to keep drifting back to. There was nothing wrong with it , or at least nothing he could see, and it wasn't the most beautiful piece he had ever made. It was simple, and green, and housed a tiny fish charm. Frowning, he picked it up and turned it over in his paws, a memory on the tip of his mind but not yet fully remembered. Slowly, it clicked. He had met someone, very long ago, who had got him into seaglass crafting. She had showed him where the best place was to find seaglass and good wire, and how to wrap it gently around the glass so as not to scratch it. She had been a lover of fish, too, and Amor remembered her home having been littered with all kinds of tanks filled with well taken care of and well loved aquatic critters. Amor gave a sad smile, setting the necklace back down. It had been such a subliminal craft, his mind telling him that he really did miss her. It had been years, but the pain and guilt was still strong.

It was Valentine's day, and Amor had been dating her for just a few weeks. She always joked that they had been in love since they met, however! Laughing at the rainclouds, they deemed that the most perfect date was still to go out seafoam collecting. It was [i]their
    thing, and a little rain wasn't going to stop them!

They had only been out for an hour or two when the rain started to pick up, and the storm only worsened. Amor had suggested they go home, but his partner only laughed - he was just being a scaredy capella, right? They had continued for only another thirty minutes before Amor found his date was no longer next to him. He called for her and called for her, but the thrashing waves deafened his desperate yelling. It took the entirety of a rescue crew to drag him from the beach.

He had learned the next day that she had been swept into the sea, and had ended up being battered in the not-so-far rocks. The storm had taken her, and Amor felt nothing but guilt for weeks. He didn't eat or sleep, her face burned into his memory. Only a year later had he slowly begun to heal, and he had poured all of his grief and sorrow into his jewelry. He wanted to carry on her legacy and make her proud!

Now, looking back at the necklace, Amor wiped a tear away with the back of his paw. He gently clipped it around his own neck, smiling warmly and remembering the fond memories he had. Valentine's day would be bittersweet yet again this year, but Amor would be ready.[/i]

happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me