Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

FireTails by Unleashed Squiid

Based on Click to view
Artist Unleashed Squiid [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

FireTails

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:54 am

Story of origin
Traits/Rarities
Locations/About the World
Staff/Events
Rules
Archives
FAQ

About FireTails:

Firetails are highly intelligent creatures who live on Earth-just not this Earth. They live on the Earth that this planet would have become had people not become the dominant species.

Firetails come in two types-The Outlanders and Springlanders. Outlanders are calm, collected creatures who are more shy and less inclined for socializing. Springlanders are much more friendly and bubbly.

Firetails are omnivores, eating whatever they'd like to. They mostly enjoy fish, berries, and honey, however they'd likely eat anything. They are able to make ornaments and tools much like humans, and can manipulate their tails to be hot or not. Normally, their tales are cooler though to prevent accidentally setting things on fire.

Often, Firetails (even Outlanders) have familiars-little bugs or birds that follow them around and conjure magic. The Firetail cannot summon magic, but the familiar can. It is very limited though. Familiars help them out and are their best friends. Firetails and familiars have lived side by side since the dawn of time.
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story of Origin

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 am

Here's how the great legends tell of their origin:

Firetails originated from the magma that originally molded Earth. When Earth was still molten, all there was came from fire and steam, these creatures began to form as well. As the burning flames cooled, rock was made. Along with the rock, the fire took shape of a small wolf-like creature as well. These became known as Firetails.

Firetails typically are black, as ash was trapped inside of their forms while they cooled and morphed into existence. Sometimes they have orange or yellow tints as other particles and elements were trapped inside during the cooling process. A rare, and deaireable aspect that occurs is when, gold, silver or bronze is molded into them. The Firetails treasure that trait and often get jealous over other Firetails that have it.

Sometimes, very rarely, star matter was trapped inside of their beings as well. These Firetails are the oldest and the rarest, of them all, as they formed at the very beginning of Earth's time, the planet was only a gas pocket floating through space. This was back when Earth was not even a planet yet, and it was without a constant shape or size.

These Firetails formed from the same gases and stardust as Earth did, and at the same time. They are typically purple or blue, the color of the star cluster that formed Earth. Their fur is filled with star fragments, and is very beautiful. Few of these creatures exist; it is said that around 4-7 still walk the Earth.

The most brilliant (and obvious) aspect of the species is their tail. Obviously, by their name, their tails are made of fire. These creatures' tails also have star fragments inside of them, making them look like little clusters or galaxy's.
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits and Rarities

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:57 am

Firetails have a range of looks. They vary from dull earthy shades to royally coated galactic beauties.

Typical traits:

These are easy to obtain and common for all firetails

✿Dark grey, or black fur
✿Tail made of orange fire
✿Orange, yellow, or light grey markings
✿Having one tail
✿Having a colored pattern in their FUR (not in their skin)
A common Springlander Firetail

Uncommon traits:

These are a little more difficult to find in Firetails

✿The entire body being orange, yellow, a dull metallic/corroded green or light grey
✿Having "starry" eyes-which is eyes that sparkle and look as if they have stars in them
✿Having gold or other fine metals formed into their body (not fur. It is plated in their skin; fur patterns are different. Fur does not grow over these markings)
✿Spikes of metals and gems into their bodies suck as back spikes, tail spikes

Rare traits:

These are harder to obtain. Few Firetails have these traits.

✿Having star fragments throughout the entire body not just the tail
✿Having a tail that is split into two ends like a dolphin
✿Antlers (NOT horns like a ram)
✿Having any more than one tail. Tails ONLY come in odd numbers. 1, 3, 5, 9, etc...

Legendary Traits:

These are the rarest of rare and will be very hard to obtain if you are not a staff member or friend. Do not ask for one.

✿Being formed with the eldest of stardust (purple, blue, galaxy colors etc)
✿Having white eyes
✿Having glowing eyes or markings
✿Having a "star aura" which is a cloud of stars and stardust surrounding them
✿Having a tail that isn't flame, but instead is still magma or liquid rock
A legendary Outlander Firetail
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Locations

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:57 am

Locations are where Firetails are in the world. As of 1/25/17 there are four possible places for them to live.

Pyro Fields:

This is the place where NPC Firetails live. They cannot be bought or won by a player. These are mostly my OC Firetails or Firetail offspring that the owner does not want to give up

The Shelter:

This is truely the saddest place to be. These Firetails do not have a home or family. They are in need of adoption. If you can no longer care for your Firetail, it can be sent here, but you may not adopt another one. This is to prevent people from swapping them out or exchanging them every couple of days.

The Outlands:

Firetails that dwell here are called Outlanders. They are more solitary and introverted than others. These Firetails typically live alone and like to be alone. They are slightly larger and more stocky than the others. Their fur is much longer and thicker. The land is cold and covered in mountainous, rugged rock and snow. There is a bit of underbrush such as bushes and tall grass which is green in the spring and summer. The Outlands has beautiful red and orange tiger lilies bloom once every single year. But only once.

The Springlands:

The Firetails that live here are friendly, bubbly creatures who love to socialize and play with each other. They are called Springlanders Springlanders are slightly smaller and more narrow-boned than Outlanders, and have shorter, softer fur. The land is covered in a thin pine and birch tree forest with many clearings and meadows. The land is warm and beautiful. Ivy climbs up many of the structures and trees, and it blossoms into lovely purple flowers year-round. It is mild in the winter, but never cold.
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:58 am

Staff:

(PM me if you're interested in helping out. Mods should be online at least once every 2 days and mini mods should be online at least once every week. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or the staff.)

Owner:

✿Unleashed Squid

Mods:

Mini Mods:

Artist:

✿Zailune-Created Linearts! c:

Current Events:

color=#00BFBF]1/30/17:[/color]

Lineart created. Everything is going well. ^^ Shoutout to Zailune for being so kind.
------------------------------------------------

1/25/17:

Hosting contest for artists! Please join. See link here

In need of artists/staff

11/7/16 Species Officially Created
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:59 am

Things to Remember:

Firetails are a closed species made by me, Squid. Please do not recreate or steal my ideas. They are sometimes found on my adoption thread, however I am very careful about who is able to obtain one. You must actually want it or use it; this means that once you get it you may not sell, give away, or forget about it.

These are very important creatures in a book I am writing. I do not want to get a copywrite strike for something I am the creator of. (Yes, shockingly this actually happens) Even if you own one, the species belongs to me, and design was made by either me or another artist, so credit is necessary. Just a simple:

Species (c) Unleashed Squid is fine. For off-Chicken Smoothie use, you MUST add a link to this thread. No exceptions.

Rules:

✿Do not steal, copy, or recreate any of this species

✿Upon getting or adopting a Firetail, the CHARACTER is yours. It is to be used in whatever you wish-I don't care. It can be used on or off chicken smoothie, but the species AND design still come from me. Do not take credit for either of these things.

✿Please keep your Firetail according to the rarity and looks I have set. I don't want one hundred people suddenly deciding to add legendary parts to their common character

✿You may not change the rarity of parts but you can add small details like necklaces or basic patterns

✿You MUST give credit for the species. Link it to this thread, please.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:59 am

This is a list of all known owners. If anyone has a firetail that isn't here, or if you see someone claiming to be me, or creating these without my permission, please PM me.

Commons:

✿ ColaViola (undecided)

Rares:

✿ UltimateKitty (undecided)

Legendarys:

✿ Unleashed Squid (Outlands)
✿ Zailune (WIP)
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:00 am

FAQ:

Q: How many may I have?
A: As of 1/25/17 You may only have one Firetail per user

Q: Can I breed my Firetail?
A: You may, but with the previous statement, you may not be able keep the outcome. If you do not want another player to have it, it can be sent to "Pyro Fields" which is where NPC firetails live.

Q: Can I be a staff member?
A: Maybe. PM me if you're interested. Make sure to tell me how often you're online, and what roll you would like

Q: How can I get one?
A: Wait for there to be an opening or new adoptable on the art page which is here: If it interests you, then you can try and compete with others to obtain it

Q:How much are they?
A:Firetails can be obtained many ways; they can as prizes for contests or auctioned off for pets
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Just in case

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:00 am

Res
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Just in case

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 am

Res
You may post now.