Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

A WIP Wolf by Vincent Van Goat

Artist Vincent Van Goat [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

A WIP Wolf

Postby Vincent Van Goat » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Any tips on the anatomy?
ALL OF MY ADOPTION CENTERS AND GIVEAWAYS ARE CLOSED// INACTIVE
Vincent Van Goat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A WIP Wolf

Postby SoupPupped » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:20 pm

I recommend clearly placing the legs on either side of the wolf. As of right now, it looks quite like the wolf has six legs on either side of its body. Also, the muzzle should generally be a bit thinner and less blocky, and the eyes should be a tad smaller and level with the top of the muzzle. The ears should be a bit bigger and more rounded; wolves actually have quite rounded ears despite general belief. Cats are the ones with pointy ears. A bit thinner of a neck, longer, smoother body and tail, and thicker legs. I recommend looking at photos of wolves, or even studying the styles of your favorite artists to see a bit of more proper anatomy. {Note: I'm not saying to copy other artist's styles, but rather get inspiration to develop your own style. A few artists I see people look at would be LupisVulpes and Vivziepop.} Most importantly: Keep working! Never stop drawing. Try new things, like shading, coloring, fur patterns and designs, and even some realism every now and then. Step out of your comfort zone. The more you draw, the more you'll improve. You may not notice it at first, but a year from now, look back on this drawing and you'll be able to see incredible improvement and development of your style. Practice makes perfect, and don't put yourself down about your art. Your art is unique to you, so don't hold yourself up to look exactly like anyone else's. Good luck, and remember to have fun and experiment as you draw! c:

edit;; Whew that's a long reply... Sorry 'bout that!
female - heterosexual - slytherin - extrovert - AFJROTC color guardImage
Hi, I'm Danny, a moody teenager who one days wants to be an MP/MWD handler in the  . I enjoy Camp Camp, Harry Potter, South Park, Rick and Morty, roleplaying, Hunter Avallone, Big Mouth, SVTFOE, Miraculous Ladybug, and of course, cadences. Don't be afraid to PM me or send me a trade at any time.
favorite cadence - haha yes
mood; heartbroken

days until surgery: 2

days until christmas: 8

SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A WIP Wolf

Postby Vincent Van Goat » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm

SoupPupped wrote:I recommend clearly placing the legs on either side of the wolf. As of right now, it looks quite like the wolf has six legs on either side of its body. Also, the muzzle should generally be a bit thinner and less blocky, and the eyes should be a tad smaller and level with the top of the muzzle. The ears should be a bit bigger and more rounded; wolves actually have quite rounded ears despite general belief. Cats are the ones with pointy ears. A bit thinner of a neck, longer, smoother body and tail, and thicker legs. I recommend looking at photos of wolves, or even studying the styles of your favorite artists to see a bit of more proper anatomy. {Note: I'm not saying to copy other artist's styles, but rather get inspiration to develop your own style. A few artists I see people look at would be LupisVulpes and Vivziepop.} Most importantly: Keep working! Never stop drawing. Try new things, like shading, coloring, fur patterns and designs, and even some realism every now and then. Step out of your comfort zone. The more you draw, the more you'll improve. You may not notice it at first, but a year from now, look back on this drawing and you'll be able to see incredible improvement and development of your style. Practice makes perfect, and don't put yourself down about your art. Your art is unique to you, so don't hold yourself up to look exactly like anyone else's. Good luck, and remember to have fun and experiment as you draw! c:

edit;; Whew that's a long reply... Sorry 'bout that!

Thank you so much for the reply! :D It really helps a lot. ;3
ALL OF MY ADOPTION CENTERS AND GIVEAWAYS ARE CLOSED// INACTIVE
Vincent Van Goat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me