Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rew Dragons - Adopts - NEW by hamkid

Artist hamkid [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rew Dragons - Adopts - NEW

Postby hamkid » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:52 pm

wip ;) NO POSTING! ...Yet, at least.

banner

Contents (you are probably here!)
1. Habitat and Rew review
2. Rulebook and Q&A
3. Affiliates and Little Things Corner

Information wrote:Where do Rew dragons live?

A field gives way to a very small hill lining the one side that a young child could simply walk up. Anyone could, really. If you ever see small dragons around the area, don't worry (it may be friendly). That's normal. It has grass, but quite a few patches have none and are simply dirt, which becomes muddy and slippery in the rain and snow -- under the right circumstances, this makes it great for sliding down when it gets icy, despite the hill being barely even a hill at all. The kids loved to do that, as well as make up little clubs and armies here, as well as the creatures who inhabit this place... At the top of the tiny hill, the woods start. A large tree in an area that is close, but not directly in, the dense vegetation, has roots that stick out of the ground and are in such a shape that it looks good enough to hide berries in; even though there is no hole. It is simply the two roots that are twisted the way they are. It's still rather neat to a kid to put small items. They DO end up doing this often, anyways. A dirt path runs through the woods that start a few feet after you get to the top, and into a much more mountainous region. This is where the Rew dragons -- alongside many other species -- thrive.

The hill that isn't even really a hill at all and the unique, varying region are a part of the D-Cup Mountains. (Not all of this area is made of mountains, though-- there's also lakes, forests, fields and other mysterious and undiscovered biomes.) D-Cup is short for the true title of the land, the full name being Drink-Cup Mountains. On some occasions, you may come across small droplets of goo called Galaxy Acid Beads, which come from a canid that lives in the D-Cup Mountains, or 'Sandstones', rocks that seem to made of smaller rocks that are cemented together by something like sand. Sandstones usually can be broken rather easily, and nobody really knows what they are for. Some suggest it was some sort of prophecy, however, belonging to Galaxy Acids rather than Rews. These species, alongside Rainbow Raccoons, Flying Foxes, Jitterbugs and a mysterious, small, wolf-like creature that glow, and other undiscovered things, all coexist with eachother (mostly).

Moving onto the Rews themselves.
Rew dragons are among some of the smallest creatures in the D-Cup range, but are still often bigger than Jitterbugs, a dragon-like creature with natural armor, as well as the mysterious wolf-creatures who are about the same size as the aforementioned 'bugs'. These tiny dragons have an average size is 2.4 to 5 feet long while on all fours, and are about as tall as a small dog or cat. The Rew dragon is often known for almost always having such huge ears, be it floppy or straight-up. They have large eyes (or... Sometimes more than two eyes?). But there's a catch.

They're almost never the same.

They come in an extreme range of patterns and colors, including naturals, neons, pastels and... To put it simply, everything. They can have many different horns and tails, as well as other adaptions such as fins and gills, feathers and wings, scales, fur (fur being one of the most common types of skin), different tongues, pupils... ...Other things not mentioned. Some even glow, for Pete's sake -- ah well. You get the point. Being such a varied species, it's almost impossible to consider a Rew's rarity. However, the larger, the rarer, they say. Rews of legend are often much, MUCH bigger than normal.

Rew dragons are usually very social creatures, living in groups called flurries of 5 or more individuals. However, it's not that rare to see them alone or with their own families. Some prefer to be lone travelers, as do some people. Some have even allowed humans to train them and keep them as pets! (Note some would absolutely despise that, though.) They are capable of learning tricks, but like dogs, some may be a bit too... Lazy to do such a thing. They communicate in different ways, as well. Some talk in squeaks and squacks and other noises, but they can speak human languages. It's been proven they can even talk like that in the wild! One thing that cannot be figured out, however, is the lifespan of a Rew dragon. It's undetermined how long a single specimen will survive. Injury can cause a shorter span for the little dragons, but age may not be a factor.
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rew Dragons - Adopts - NEW

Postby hamkid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:12 am

Rules
('Cause we got to have 'em.)

1. There is currently no limit to how many Rews you can own, but try to make sure you can handle so many!
2. No stealin'. No stealin' anything.
3. Please don't make any edits to a RD you own unless you have an editing item! These can be earned in raffles and events, as well as being bought or traded. You can only trade an item for an item at this time.
4. Rew adopts can be free or sold for some sort of currency, such as Flight Rising treasure/gems or DA points, and Chicken Dollars/pets/items. They can also be traded for another RD or other species (if they allow).
5. Be nice. As it is often said, if you wanted to be treated well, then do the same to others!
6. Nobody's really a fan of begging, so steer clear of that, right?
7. Moderators and artists will be chosen in time. If you wish to be one, PM me (moderators) or try out for the artist comp!
8. Have FUN!
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rew Dragons - Adopts - NEW

Postby hamkid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:19 am

Affiliates
(Hooray!)
We will put the links to adopts that we are affiliates with here.
(None yet!)
If you want to become an affiliate, PM me with the link to your species and their badge!
Rew Badges
None yet!

Little Things
About these dragons, art, doodles and more
-Due to a variety of different traits, a RD's size contributes to it's rarity; the bigger, the rarer
-Come in all colors
-Can have powers
-Most can breath fire, but some breath other things (smoke, ice breath, lightning, etc.) or nothing at all!
-Small (usually!) little things

No doodles yet!
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me