Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

More development by King of Crows

Based on Click to view
Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

More development

Postby King of Crows » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

Continuing to develop this for funsies

Mmkay so these guys are insectivores. They have large ears to pick up on the very small sounds emitted by insects, as well as a very powerful sense of smell to help them track down their prey. Large curved claws on their forelimbs are used to dig up insect colonies, which they quickly decimate with the help of their long, sticky tongue. Their saliva contains a very minor toxin which is harmless to us and most vertebrates, but basically puts invertebrates to sleep. Powerful hind legs are used for rapid movement and bounding, allowing them to make great leaps and move quickly. The tail grows long, coarse hairs, similar to a horse tail, which acts to cover their tracks. The toxin in their saliva helps neutralize their scent, so they will often thoroughly groom their tail to make it difficult for predators to track them down.

The babies take a while to develop their eyesight, and will leave their burrow and start traveling with their parents while still unable to see, relying solely on their hearing until they are about 6 months old. They are covered in a very dense, bristly coat to help protect them from insect bites and stings as they do not yet produce toxin in their saliva. Parents will meticulously groom their young in order to mask their scent from predators.
Last edited by King of Crows on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: More development

Postby friday » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 am

Ooh this looks like a cool species! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

✩ Hi, I'm Quest! ✩
he/she
toyhousedappervolkFR
Aspinx
friday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:56 am

these look really cool!
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:45 am

I decided to remove the mane because it just didn't look very good, and i fixed up the legs and paws, adjusted some of the proportions a bit, and made the tongue more anteater like. Might doodle some babies next because babies are cute XD

Misconceptions wrote:these look really cool!

space cadet wrote:Ooh this looks like a cool species! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Awe, thank you both <3
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me