Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 - Open for Marking! by Medd-Lee

Based on Click to view
Artist Medd-Lee [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 - Open for Marking!

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Telicari Adopts
A species by Wolves of Rain

⟁ Fanclub, archives, and extras⟁ - Other Thread - Breeding Thread

┌╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼╼┑
History
Telicari wolves are a species of cave wolves. They evolved during the last ice age, built for protection in the large and open caves at the time. As this era drew to an end they were able to survive, unlike many of the other mega-fauna of the time.

As the warmer weather intensified, they began to move out of their caves and into the day. But their sensitive eyes are the reason they still prefer dark spaces.

They were a later domesticated species, often used for show, money, and sometimes poaching. They are especially prized for their colorful spikes, horns, feathers, and fur. They can also be used for hunting and agility. They are not very good housepets however, having habits of climbing wherever they can reach, and trying to wedge themselves into spaces too small for comfort.

Due to their intelligence, they often need regular exercise and activity to engage themselves.

Though Telicari are in the canine family, their closest relatives are the Maned Wolf.

Appearance
They are relatively large wolves, weighing from 120-180 pounds. Males are larger than females. Most have the typical horns and spikes, but some rare mutations due to inbreeding may cause an individual to lack either or.

Due to their dark cave habitat, they come out once a year during the summer to find a mate, which is where their colors are most vital. They are often sporting natural colors, where any other color is due to a feathery-hair or their horns. The colors vary based on where the Telicari is from.

The feathery mane is there for protection and warmth, thought to have been helpful in preserving body warmth while sleeping and to prevent less damage during fights with Cave Bears and Cave Lions. The feathers are the most common part of the body to be colored.

Due to their lack of echolocation, they have many strange body parts to help themselves in navigation and protection. The horns and spikes on their head are for shielding their skull along with protecting others or for attack. Their long tail is to help navigate, but has also been observed for use in a train along more dangerous parts of a cave. The spikes in the middle are to protect the tail itself, but is also used between sparing Telicari. The long, partly translucent feelers protruding from the backs of the Telicari are used to help find stalactites or other hazards on a cave roof to guide a Telicari to safety. Though their ears do lift up, they are built more to pick up echos off the wall and are kept to the side of their head when relaxed. The fur along the end is similar to whiskers. Telicari also have cat-like paws for easier mobility, and long, cat-like whiskers.

There are five types of Telicari, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western, and Coastal.

Welcome to the Telecari Haloween Event!

I'm still getting things set up, but you'll see something here soon!
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 - Myths Vs. Monsters

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Trick or Treat!

Halloween is a time of myths, monsters, and fantasy - however, no one actually expected them to be... fighting?

At first, the strange Telicari were observed a few weeks before Halloween - and presumed to be trying out their costumes as they ran around. There's always a few who are too excited to wait, but most of the time they don't put their full costumes on? And they definitely stood out, as they often glowed softly or made strange noises, some were glimpsed with abilities that almost were too advanced for them to be real!
Curious, some of the current Telicari, Jericho, along with Rin, approached one of the strange newcomers and asked them about these abilities. The approached Telli looked offended, saying "If you're here to ask questions and keep me from my job, It won't work!" She turned away, but Jericho asked "What job? It'll be Halloween soon! What job needs your costume?"
She turned around and glared at the two standing there. "Costume? Excuse me, but I'm not wearing a costume. Now get!"

They asked a few other rushing Telli's , and found out that the first one they'd talked to was named Kohana. She was the leader of the healers for the fight against the Monsters - but no one seemed to want to tell them what they knew! However, when Rin mentioned going home, several expressed a want to escape the fighting. They all Followed Rin home... and we can't get them to go back!

Would you mind taking one in?

Hello, and welcome to the Telicari Haloween event! Our theme this year is
Myths vs Monsters!

How does that work, you ask? Well, first of all, we need to figure out what the Myths and monsters are fighting about, and it seems like they'll only talk once we've found them a home! The plus side is that most of them are friendly, and they look super cool! Each one shares traits with a single monster or Myth, respectively, and the two sides refuse to have anything to do with each other. We're pretty convinced they're fighting for no reason, but who knows? Perhaps there's more to this story! The other great thing is that one of the traits shared with the myth or monster is an enhanced ability that's associated with that monster. Although most don't posess it, there is the chance of one having magic! For example, a phoenix may have the ability to enter fire without harming itself, but could not set itself on fire without a preexisting one. If the monster or myth were to have magic, then they are probably a little bit more dangerous - don't you think?

Phase one;
Adoption. If we get enough people interested in phase one, we'll reveal and start phase two!
Please take them home, they're tearing up WoR's yard trying to fight with each other... And I think a few of them broke into my yard last night and tried to ask Jericho if they could use my house as a hiding spot.
... hope he said no...

Phase two;
Will be revealed on the 22nd! Participants new and old may come join in on the festivities!
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 -

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Ohhhh secret art contest get your drawing hands ready
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 -

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Marking welcome!
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 - Open for Marking!

Postby Wolves of Rain » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 am

Markzeez
I'm quitting!
Message me if you would like any pets/items for free!
Wolves of Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Telicari Adopts - Halloween 2016 - Open for Marking!

Postby Medd-Lee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Sorry, all! I''ll be getting the information up in just a moment, feel free to mark!

WoR, you've been Added, go right on ahead and start

Last bumped by Medd-Lee on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:49 pm.
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me