Devin Rosencrantz by father

Based on Click to view
Artist father [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 46 seconds
Drawing sessions 3
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Devin Rosencrantz

Postby father » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Devin Rosencrantz | trans male | he/him | environmentalist, painter, photographer | grocery store employee

Devin is a small town boy with big ambitions. He grew up in his family's studio apartment, above their bakery. His mother is a baker and her husband is a botanical illustrator. His parents raised him to not hold back in expressing himself. He tried all sorts of art types, but found that he loved paintings, taking inspiration from landscape painters. He's always been enthralled with the natural world, wanting to capture it realistically for all to see. Recently, he's been in a painting slump and has switched to photography, and found that he's really been enjoying it. He aims to get his art used in botanical magazines. An environmentalist, he wants to use his art to send a message promoting love of the earth and encouraging a switch to sustainable energy. Devin currently works at a grocery store. His manager and boss is Senka, one of his close friends.

Devin is a soft-spoken, positive boy. He puts his heart into everything he does, putting his best foot forward. Because of this, it hits him hard when, for example, a customer gets angry at him or a painting doesn't turn out how he'd like. He takes negative comments, even simple offhand ones, to heart and gets discouraged easily. He needs a stable support system to push him. His main motivation comes from those around him. Often, the only nudge he needs to start a project is a word of encouragement from a friend. Devin is self-conscious and paranoid that people find him annoying. When someone doesn't like him he stresses over it and tries to "fix" whatever it is about himself that he perceives as the reason for the other person's dislike. He wants to please everyone. Devin is quietly extroverted, enjoying the presence of others yet feeling exhausted when he's exposed for too long.

His main goal in life is to make a difference in the lives of future generations. He seeks to do this through environmental activism and art. He has a constant fear in the back of his mind that his efforts will fail and the environment will slowly deteriorate. He feels saddened by the fact that future generations might not have access to all the beautiful plantlife that he loves, so he takes photos and paints endangered species. He enjoys time-lapse photography, particularly the leaves changing in the fall. He arranges such photography into videos that he posts online to share with people who live in climates that don't have the autumn season.

officially quitting! its been real.
do not ask for any of my characters, adoptables,
or pets, as i am not giving them out. thanks!
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me