Based on Click to view
Artist skywishes01 [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 37 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

devon | further info

Postby skywishes01 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:31 pm

ImagexxxImagexxxImage

Devon is, in one word, a flirt. He'll try and charm anything and everything; supermarket clerks, sweet old ladies, yappy little dogs, basically anything that moves. To some, he's just a guy with too much self-confidence, and to others, he's the perfect gentleman, always there with a smile, a kind word, a helping hand, whether you need it or not. Because he simply just wants everyone to like him. He's a real people person, and can't stand anyone even having the tiniest grudge against him. And he won't take 'no' for an answer, either; he'll annoy you into liking him if he has to.

He's generally an easygoing person. He almost never seems worried, or sad, or upset, and sometimes may even come off as someone who just doesn't care. That's Devon's way of dealing with the negative things life can throw at you. When you go with the flow, everything is much, much easier.

Although he'll try and befriend every person in sight, Devon's got some commitment problems, especially when it comes to serious relationships. Sometimes he takes his flirting a bit too far, but he'll go along with the relationship just to keep the other person happy, only drawing the line when it starts to turn into something serious. Flighty is one word to describe it. He hates being tied down to anything, sees it as an unrealistic and problematic way of life. It's a fine line between being free and being lazy, being nice and falling in love, but Dev's had enough experience to know exactly how to live on that line.

ImagexImage

Devon's childhood was as unremarkable as the next boy. At least, in his eyes it was. His parents split up when he was very young; he lived with his dad, and was used to seeing different people cooking in the kitchen or snuggled up on the couch or sitting on the back porch every time he got home from school. His dad told him they were just mates; it was only later he realized they were probably all his partners. Now, comparing this to the families in his storybooks and movies, he knew this was not 'normal' but his dad seemed happy this way. And that was what mattered, right?

They moved around a lot, him and his dad, and he realized the best way to deal with it was to just let it all go. So he did. He learnt to not get too attached to things. He learnt to say final goodbyes to people rather than letting the relationship slowly flicker and die over the years. It kept things neater, despite how messy it seemed. And it kept him happier. He was beginning to understand why his dad did the things he did. It probably would've been even easier to just not make any relationships at all, but that was something Dev couldn't help. He was outgoing and social by nature, and moving to the other side of the world couldn't have changed that.

There was never any pressure on Dev to go to college, university, even finish high school, so once he graduated, he decided to just stick around the town for a while, taking odd jobs here and there. Because let's be honest, those jobs are the most fun. He's currently an usher for a movie theatre. It doesn't pay the best, but hey, he gets free popcorn and movies. What more could you want in life?
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me