Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [Hiatus] by King of Crows

Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [Hiatus]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 am

[Home] ❋ [News][About][Gems][Store]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Racing Kiers, home of domesticated Kiers. Please read our rules, and then continue below to learn more about these magnificent creatures. You may use the navigation above to jump quickly between sections.

[Rules]

Racing Kiers and all things associated with Kiers are owned by King of Crows.
      Only King of Crows and those granted explicit permission directly from him are allowed to create Kiers. Those not granted permission may not create their own Kiers. No other original species may copy the design and lore information of Kiers.
    All users are expected to behave politely within the community.
      Behavior that is explicit, rude, offensive, harmful, derogatory, defamatory, or discriminatory in behavior is prohibited. Treating others within the community in a manner deemed by staff to be inappropriate may result in a permanent ban from the species.
    Recognize that artists are humans, not production factories.
      Begging, bribing, whining, threatening, or complaining in order to increase the output of new Kiers and/or custom Kiers will not be tolerated. If you are not patient enough to wait for a Kier, then you do not need one.
    Staff positions are based on merit, not request.
      Asking or begging to be granted a staff position (artist, mini mod, archivist) will only make this less likely to happen. If I need any staff positions to be filled then I will put up an application.
    Refunds for Gems will not be granted unless under special circumstances.
      When you submit a trade for Gems you recognize that the species may be unexpectedly closed without warning, and that you may or may not have the pets you exchanged for Gems returned.
    Gem exchange trades must not exceed 30 pets at once.
      I can calculate the value of 30 pets together fairly efficiently, but any more than 30 leaves a lot of room for error and takes a substantial amount of time to process. Please only send one trade at a time, not exceeding 30 pets at once. Wait for current orders to be processed before you submit another exchange trade.
    If you have questions, ask to be answered.
      If you are uncertain about something, confused, or need further clarification, then please ask. Your question will never go ignored, and I will always do my best to see that it is sufficiently answered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3198273][img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/edb6/f/2016/273/0/7/stamp_1_by_perocore-dajf1i4.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by King of Crows on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:36 am, edited 12 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [News & Staff]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 am

[News]
[Home] ❋ [News] ❋ [About][Gems][Store]

October 12, 2016
      A new allele has been discovered! Plus the Genetics section has been reorganized so that it lines up with the way a code is shown.
      [no image]
      Merle
      Causes random spots of dilution in the coat. Can be present with the dilution gene and causes and highly diluted coat with spots of more/less dilution.
      No Merle: MM (dominant)
      Merle: mm (recessive)

October 7, 2016
      The Gem Exchange rate has a new section called Bonuses, which includes added Gems for Rares List pets and WL pets. This change only applies to exchanges done after this change.
      Bonuses
      Rares List Pet: +200
      WL Pet: +50
    October 6, 2016
      Two new Alleles have been discovered!
      [no image]
      Ticking
      Causes markings to speckle and spread out unevenly, even over white spotting.
      No Ticking: RR (dominant)
      Ticking: rr (recessive)

[no image]
      Brindle
      Results in the present markings to form in stripe-like patterns. Can affect entire body or only certain parts.
      No Brindle: qq (recessive)
      Brindle: QQ (dominant)
    September 30, 2016
      A new rule has been added:
    Gem exchange trades must not exceed 30 pets at once.
      I can calculate the value of 30 pets together fairly efficiently, but any more than 30 leaves a lot of room for error and takes a substantial amount of time to process. Please only send one trade at a time, not exceeding 30 pets at once. Wait for current orders to be processed before you submit another exchange trade.

September 29, 2016
      Pet rarity to Gem value conversions have been modified to account for Very Common and OMG So Common differences!
    September 28, 2016
      RK has just been created! We look forward to you becoming a part of our community <3

[Staff]

Admins
      King of Crows | Founder
    Mini Mods
      None
    Artists
      None

Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [About]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:55 am

[About]
[Home][News] ❋ [About] ❋ [Gems][Store]

Kiers are a domesticated variety of the wild Kier, and are the only species within their genus. They are apex predators, and as mammals are covered in a very fine, smooth layer of fur. Built with sturdy hoof-like toenails and a large heart and lungs, they are extremely fast and agile. While reaching 45 mph, they are not as fast as a cheetah, but can maintain this speed for a significantly longer duration. Kier legs are equipped with very strong, hooked spurs that enable them to leap onto and cling to large prey animals such as pronghorn antelopes, feral horses, burros, and even bison.

Domesticated Kiers come in a wide array of colors and patterns determined majorly by genetics. Kiers are mostly short-furred, but selective breeding has produced several variations of the length of tail fur. All Kiers have stiff tails that, while flexible, do not move much on a horizontal plane. They do move their tail up and down as needed to communicate.

Eye Genes
      Ey Typical Eyes - eyes the same color (dominant trait)
      Ee Incomplete Heterochromia - one eye has a small amount of another color (recessive to typical, dominant over complete)
      ey Complete Heterochromia - each eye is a different color (recessive gene)

Tail Varieties
      O Typical Tail - short fur, same length as across the body (dominant over most, co-dominant to rex)
      Ob Bristle Tail - short, thick fur along the tail (dominant to angora, recessive to typical and harley, co-dominant to rex)
      Oh Harley Tail - medium length, thick fur along the tail (dominant to angora and bristle, recessive to typical, co-dominant to rex)
      ImageImageImageImage
      Or Rex Tail - curly fur along the tail (co-dominant modifier to all)
      Oa Angora Tail - long, silky fur along the tail (most recessive, co-dominant to rex)

Color Genetics
      Kier colors are based on their genetics. These are the currently known genetic explanations for colors. However, there are many genes (such as spotting genes, etc) that have high degrees of variation, resulting in two Kiers with the same genetic code looking remarkably different. Eye color genetics are still be studied.

Some terminology may be similar to that used for dogs but Kier genetics are different from dog genetics.

ImageImage
      Base Colors
      The bottom layer of a coat color.
      Black: BB (dominant)
      Red: bb (recessive)

ImageImage
      Dilution
      Dilution gene affects base and skin colors. Saturation of dilution varies individually on non-genetic factors.
      Not dilute: DD (dominant)
      Dilute: dd (recessive)

Saturation
      Causes all non-black pigment to intensify. Varies individually in intensity.
      No Saturation: SS (dominant)
      Saturation: ss (recessive)

Mask
      Causes dark pigment on the face, tail tip, and legs. Amount depends on the individual.
      No Mask: EE (dominant)
      Mask: ee (recessive)

Black Spotting
      Presence of this gene causes black spotting varying from nearly the entire body black to light sable and agouti.
      Spotting: JJ (dominant)
      No Spotting: jj (recessive)

Brindle
      Results in the present markings to form in stripe-like patterns. Can affect entire body or only certain parts.
      No Brindle: qq (recessive)
      Brindle: QQ (dominant)

White Spotting
      Causes white markings from as little as the toes to the entire body. Amount depends on the individual.
      No spotting: WW (dominant)
      Spotting: ww (recessive)

Ticking
      Causes markings to speckle and spread out unevenly, even over white spotting.
      No Ticking: RR (dominant)
      Ticking: rr (recessive)

Merle
      Causes random spots of dilution in the coat. Can be present with the dilution gene and causes and highly diluted coat with spots of more/less dilution.
      No Merle: MM (dominant)
      Merle: mm (recessive)

Spectrum
      It seems to cause a distribution of unusually brilliant, often bio-luminescent, fur throughout the coat in small amounts. Still requires much studying.
      Spectrum: ZZ (dominant)
      No spectrum: zz (recessive)

Albinism
      Causes an entire lack of pigment. Potential health risks.
      Non Albino: AA (dominant)
      Albino: aa (recessive)

[Genotype Example]

Kier genotypes are coded like so:
    [Eye][Tail][Base][Dilution][Saturation][Mask][Black Spotting][Brindle][White Spotting][Ticking][Merle][Spectrum][Pigment (albino)]

So, for example let's look at our mascot, a Typical-tailed Self-White Kier with Typical Eyes.
    You can tell he is not albino by the dark pigment appearing on his nose and ears. The specking shown indicates the presence of a ticking gene that is not heavily expressed due to a large amount of white spotting, which also causes him to appear white despite not being albino.

So, his genotype looks like this:
    EyEyOOhbbddSSEejjQqwwrrMMZzAA

A break down of this:
    EyEy: He has typical eyes and does not carry anything else.
    OOh: He has a typical tail but carries Harley.
    bb: His base is red.
    dd: He exhibits dilution (fawn).
    SS: He does not have Saturation.
    Ee: He does not have a mask, but carries it.
    jj: He does not carry black spotting.
    Qq: He shows brindling, but carries no-brindle.
    ww: He has white spotting.
    rr: He has ticking.
    MM: He does not carry merle.
    Zz: He shows spectrum, but carries no-spectrum.
    AA: He does not carry albino.

If you have questions about genetics, please ask.

Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 am, edited 21 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [Gems]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:55 am

[Gems]
[Home][News][About] ❋ [Gems] ❋ [Store]

Gems are the currency used here at RK. You can use them to purchase customs, MYOs, breeding slots, and mutations. To determine the number of Gems a pet is worth just add the rarity and the year values as listed below.

In order to receive Gems, just send a trade to King of Crows and state in the description "Gem Exchange." If you don't then I will assume it is a gift.

Conversion Rate
      OMG So Common: 2 Gems
      Very Common: 10 Gems
      Common: 20 Gems
      Uncommon: 30 Gems
      Rare: 50 Gems
      Very Rare: 80 Gems
      OMG So Rare: 100 Gems

2008: 100 Gems
      2009: 50 Gems
      2010: 30 Gems
      2011: 20 Gems
      2012: 15 Gems
      2013: 10 Gems
      2014: 8 Gems
      2015: 5 Gems
      2016: 2 Gems
      2017: TBD

Bonuses
      Rares List Pet: +200
      WL Pet: +20

[Gem Bank]

User
      Gems [items]

Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:51 am, edited 26 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Racing Kiers] ❋ [Gem Store]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 am

[Gems Store]
[Home][News][About][Gems] ❋ [Store]

Below are all of the things you may purchase with your saved-up Gems! They are organized by category.

Custom Kiers
      Basic Custom: 1,500 Gems
      A custom Kier made by King of Crows with a Typical tail [other tail types must be additionally purchased later].
      MYO Custom: 2,000 Gems
      A custom Kier that you yourself get to create. You may include any tail type.

Eye Mutations
      Remove Heterochromia: 200 Gems
      Remove heterchromia from a single Kier, you can choose the eye color.
      Add Incomplete Heterochromia: 250 Gems
      Add incomplete heterochromia to one Kier, you can choose the added in color.
      Add Complete Heterochromia: 300 Gems
      Add complete heterochromia- make each eye a different color. You can choose the color.

Tail Mutations
      Typical Tail: 200 Gems
      Change current tail type of one Kier to the Typical Tail type.
      Bristle Tail: 300 Gems
      Change the tail type current tail type of one Kier to the Bristle Tail type.
      Harley Tail: 300 Gems
      Change the current tail type of one Kier to the Harley Tail type.
      Angora Tail: 500 Gems
      Change the current tail type of one Kier to the Angora Tail type.
      Add Rex: 300 Gems
      Add the Rex (curly) trait to the current tail type of one Kier.

Custom Mutations
      Custom Tail: 500 Gems
      Change the current tail type of one Kier to a custom tail type (will be recessive trait).
      Custom Mutation: 1,000 Gems
      Create a new type of mutation for one Kier that does not have to do with the eyes or tail (different ears, etc), will be a recessive trait.

In order to make a purchase you must first have the needed amount of Gems in your account. Once you do, you may fill out the following form in order to make a purchase. Please post it here on the thread.

Apply means that as soon as the order is processed you would like to use it. Stash means that it will be stored in your Inventory for use at a later date, or to be gifted to another user.
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Item(s):[/b]
    [b]Apply or Stash:[/b]

Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Racing Kiers] ❋ [Open]

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:27 am

You are welcome to post now to mark or ask questions!
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NuclearCaiman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:37 am

Marking this
NuclearCaiman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:45 am

very interested

marking

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:34 am

I added a Store section. Currently there are no Breeding Tickets in stock, as I still have to finish up the lines.

I highly recommend waiting to spend any Gems until after the base is finished so that there are examples of each mutation!
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:03 am

Mark! Can't wait for another amazing species by you!

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me