Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Olive;

by Olive;

SNM #50: Morning Glory

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Sarah Nicole Morgan wrote:
The first Sarah Nicole Morgan was bred from two modern variations to resemble a more ancient body type of the breed. They now look like the older style of morgans, but with the attributes of a modern Morgan. They are exceptionally good in dressage and cross country. Morgans typical range from 14 to 16 hands tall, but some can be up to 17. Solids are a very common marking as morgans do not typically have patterns. They have been known to carry mutations which brought out the pintaloosa, appaloosas, paints, overos, tabianos, etc. While the solids have little colorations they do have socks, stockings, and other small markings to help with individuality.

Look at this beautiful SNM! What a unique brindle set <3
While preparing for a children's party, they somehow got their tail into the teal hair day; we've tried to bleach it out for adoption day, but they won't let us near their tail. It's up to the future owner if they want the tail to remain dyed!
Their companion is a female Blue Cordon finch, since it doesn't have the red cheeks that the males have.
S/he comes with a premade blanket, but you get to choose the leather color of the tack!

To win this beauty, give them a show name with either the words "morning" or "glory" in it; bonus points if it's related to their namesake flower! You also have 5 extras to add whatever you want; maximum word count is 1,000 words per extra, or 2 art pieces. Art is a huge booster, but no color ins! It must be commissioned or drawn by you. I'm not looking for skill, I'm looking for effort and character development c: Nice coding is also a huge booster.
End date is September 30th, but extensions are a possibility!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[B]Show name:[/b]
[B]Barn name:[/b]
[B]Gender:[/b]
[B]Age:[/b]
[B]Height:[/b]
[B]Bridle, Martingale, + Saddle color:[/b]
[B]Coloration:[/b] Silver blue roan pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling
[B]Genotype:[/b] EE aa ZZ nRn nSpl LpLp [patn2]
[b]5 extras:[/b]

Breeding Notes:
This horse will always produce black or bay foals, never chestnut.
Reverse brindle has a 20% chance of passing, but it will not be floral brindle.
This horse will always throw appaloosa and silver foals.
This horse has a 50% chance to throw splash and/or roan foals.
Tail dye will not pass to foals.
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SNM #50: Coming Soon

Postby lmao, » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Username: Pinto,
Show name: Frivolous Garden
Barn name: Yvonne
Height: 15.4hh
Bridle, Martingale, + Saddle color: Teal + Salmon + Ivory
Coloration: Silver blue roan pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling
Genotype: EE aa ZZ nRn nSpl LpLp [patn2]
5 extras:
Last edited by lmao, on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
lmao,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Username: L.V.L
    Show name: The Morning Rain
    Barn name Glory
    Gender Female
    Height: 15'8
    Bridle, Martingale, + Saddle color: White, Black, Teal
    Coloration Black pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling
    Genotype: EE aa nRn nSpl LpLp [patn2]
    5 extras: wip
Last edited by L.V.L on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Satyr00000 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Marking
crying
Satyr00000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Username: SergeantWinter
Show name: PW Morning Dewdrops On Rosa Petals
Barn name: Twila
Height: 15 hh
Bridle, Martingale, + Saddle color: Black bridle, martingale, and saddle. pink flowers colour with marbled aqua rose colour saddle pad and then the aqua rose colour trim.
Coloration: Silver blue roan pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling
5 extras: wip <3

I know this says closed for judging but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to enter seeing as the winner hasn't been called and it's been over a month. If it's not accepted because it's a late entry, that's fine c: Sorry for any inconvenience!
Last edited by conversett on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Marking.
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SNM #50: Morning Glory

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:02 pm

SNM #50 is now available for adoption!
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:10 pm

USERNAME
jesdar16

SHOW NAME
Taeao Mamalu
Her name means "morning glory" in the beautiful language of Samoan.

BARN NAME
Blue Rose

HEIGHT
16 hands

TACK COLOR
The bridle, saddle, and martingale are all teal like her tail dye, the pad is white.

COLORATION
Silver blue roan pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling

GENOTYPE
EE aa ZZ nRn nSpl LpLp [patn2]

EXTRAS
Dressage Day
The silver blue roan pintaloosa mare's head shot up as she heard the familiar footsteps of her rider. Her flowing teal tail, which had been dyed by teal dye during a party, shot up as well.
"I see you're ready and primed for the competition?" The soft, gentle voice of the young girl who rode her reached the mare's ears like music. "Come now Blue Rose, it's time to get ready." The girl said as she slipped a bright teal halter over her dark blue head. Many people said that the mare was special, more than just "a horse." Her peculiar markings and dyed tail caused much speculation in the stands. Especially among the horsepeople. Critics would be watching them carefully in the arena. The judges would judge harshly. Blue Rose seemed alert and excited, her nostrils flaring. The girl, the rider, her long wavy brown hair tucked up into a bun where her helmet would go, grabbed a curry comb and did a thorough grooming, loosening all the dirt in the glossy blue mare's coat. She grabbed a hard brush and removed most of it, especially over Blue Rose's bright snowcap marking on her rump. The soft brush finished off the dirt, leaving the mare's coat soft and shiny. The girl grabbed a hair brush and gently brushed out the tangles in Blue Rose's forelock, leaving the hair soft and free as it fell neatly between the mare's teal eyes. She moved to the side and brushed out the mane, letting it fall to one side. She didn't want to braid the mare's mane into the typical dressage style, she preferred her horse to feel free, not cooped up with a tight mane and tight reins. Then she moved to the tail. It nearly reached the ground, and it took a lot of brushing to comb it out completely. Blue Rose didn't want to remove the tail dye, and neither did her owner. The girl picked up the mare's hooves and completely cleaned out each one.
"Good girl." She said softly to the mare, stroking her soft, velvety muzzle. Entering the tack room and grabbing her dressage tack, she exited again and placed it on a saddle holder. A soft white dressage pad lay over the mare's back and was cinched tight with the bright teal saddle and girth, which wrapped all the way around the mare and hooked up to the other side. Teal stirrups were adjusted accordingly and the bridle was placed on the mare's head. She was set to go.
"Good luck, Jes." A voice distracted the girl, Jes, from her work on Blue Rose.
"Thank you, mother." Casting a quick glance at her mare, Jes ran over to her mother's outstretched arms and gave a quick hug before grabbing the brightly colored reins again.
"Let's go to the mounting paddock, Rose. We've got to get there, we're third in the lineup." Jes and Blue Rose left the stables, detouring around the stables and into the mounting paddock at the front end of the arena. She mounted the mare, ignoring the looks that came from other riders and their.. normal.. colored horses.
"Next is Alejandro Distente on Cold Winter Night!" A young man riding an energetic dapple grey Morgan gelding trotted out of the mounting paddock as the first runner, a pretty bay mare being ridden by a woman, entered. The woman took off her helmet and wiped the sweat off. She patted her horse thoroughly as she dismounted.
"Good luck." A voice behind her startled her and Jes turned around to tip her helmet to the rider who had wished her luck. She would be called soon.
"Next is Jessica Peleyna on Taeao Mamalu!" Gulping and breathing heavily, Jes trotted out of the sheltered mounting paddock and into the big ring. Cheers rose up on all sides. This is the mare they have been wanting to see. The flower mare, the blue mare, the one with a teal tail. Jes waited at the center of the ring to bow. Then she moved off. This competition allowed the riders to choose their own style and use their own talents. There was no set pattern you had to follow. Jes started off by doing a basic extended trot, letting Blue Rose stretch her legs straight forward. Her gait was smooth and well-rounded. At the corner she turned and asked for a canter, letting it extend again and turned the corner, slowing to a collected canter on the rail and turned the corner again, making an "x". She asked for several flying lead changes here, and Rose did them willingly, her tail flowing like banner. At the corner she stopped and slowed into a collected trot for the rest of the rail. When she turned the corner again she began the half pass to the other end of the ring and changed directions. Stopping at the middle of the rail, she turned to the center and began the piaffe to the center, stopping in the middle and piaffing there for a moment before asking for a smooth transition to the pirouette. Once she had made a complete circle, she bowed as cheers rose up from all the stands. Trotting out of the ring, she patted Blue Rose's neck fondly as the next rider entered the ring.
"Congratulations, my dear!" Her mother's cries brought Jes's attention forward and she dismounted Rose.
"Thank you, mom!"
They sat and chatted for a while, waiting for the judges to release the scores. The loudspeaker boomed overhead.
"In first place we have Jessica Peleyna on Taeao Mamalu!" Jes jumped up, shocked. She quickly mounted Blue Rose and cantered into the ring, waving her hand. The judges placed a blue ribbon matching the mare's dark color to her bridle.
"Thank you, thank you all!"

ARTWORK
The image shown here belongs to me and should not be used in any way without my permission. Thank you.

Last edited by jesdar16 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:00 am

Username: DauntlessDivergentC
Show name: Glory of the Morning Flower
Barn name Ipomoea (scientific name for morning glory)
Gender Mare
Height: 15.0hh
Bridle, Martingale, + Saddle color: pale pink + darker pink + white and pink checkered pad
Coloration Silver blue roan pintaloosa [snowcap + splash] with floral reverse brindling
5 extras:
Last edited by ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

╔═══════════════════════════════╗

I used to be DauntlessDivergentC! Please do not steal!
You may still refer to me as Daunt or Dauntless! I am
still working on fixing my signature! SNM is still alive
and active! It was moved to Deviantart! Please do not
ask to buy my breed! Akhal-Turk is a new horse breed!
Feel free to check out the metallic horses!

DeviantArt | SNM | Fergons | Mao Aku | Akhal-Turk

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avior. » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am