Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

New Era Mesohippus V. 2 by SerenWish

Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

New Era Mesohippus V. 2

Postby SerenWish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:15 am

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Adoption Thread | Fanclub | Breeding & Customs | Species Information
Decades ago, a group of explorers in a non-disclosed location discovered a tiny population of curious looking equine-like creatures. Scientists quickly discovered that they were an offset of Mesohippus, an ancestor of the modern-day horse, due to have died out thousands of years ago. In secret, they worked tirelessly to conserve this newfound creature, but when the already weak population took a dive from exposure to foreign disease, they were forced into a hard decision. They spliced together the genes from the small genetic pool left, and crossed them with modern horse genes, and created a hybrid: the New Era Mesohippus.

SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Era Mesohippus V. 2

Postby SerenWish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am

Where we are trying to raise awareness and find safe homes for the growing population of NEM!

Species Characteristics

Stocky Build | 13.3 - 15.1 hh | 3 Toed | Short Mane | Tufted Tail | Any Natural Horse Coloration | Unique Mutations

These equines mirror the overall appearance of their ancestors, with a stockier build and three toes. However, they are much larger, most of them standing in-between 13.3-15.1 hands in height– somewhere between an average pony and a small horse. Their manes are fairly short in most cases, and they have tufted tails similar to donkeys. They can have any horse coat color or pattern, though some are more common than others. They also have some very unique mutations that are still popping up over time.

There to keep the peace

● Be polite and kind to everyone
● Do not complain about not getting a NEM
● Do not ask to be made a staff member
● Do not bump topics or rush/pressure artists
● You may take off of CS (Art or Design) but please link back to this topic
● Do not take credit for designs or species
● There is no limit on NEMs you can own currently, but please let others have a chance sometimes. :3
● Have fun being a part of the NEM community!

The wonderful people who bring us NEM

SerenWish | Owner & Creator
Tynahi | Owner & Creator
Username | Head Moderator
Username | Moderator
Username | Moderator
SerenWish | Head Artist
Tynahi | Artist
dreamwalker | Artist
Username | Artist
Username | Guest Artist
Username | Guest Artist
Tynahi | Lineart Creator
Username | Archivist
Username | Archivist
Username | Archivist

Last edited by SerenWish on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 am

New Era Mesohippus Colors, Patterns, and Mutations

Coat Colors
All natural horse colors are equally common in NEMs. Fawn and Dusk, the current NEM-exclusive coat colors are slightly more uncommon.

Patterns
Common
-Solid
- Pinto (Tobiano, Overo, Splash White, Sabino)
-Rabicano
-Appaloosa
- Classic
- Fallow Spots

Uncommon
-Reverse Splash
-Quagga
-Thylacine

Rare
-Painted
-Pintaloosa
- Merle

Very Rare
- Clouded Leopard

Explanation of NEM-Unique Colors and Patterns
Fawn- FnFn- Uncommon- Soft tawny coat coloring with coat, mane, and tail all a similar shade of fawn.
Dusk- DuDu- Uncommon- A coat color gene that adds a soft blue edge (if the base is black) or a soft lilac edge (if the base is chestnut) to the coat and mane/tail.
Classic- MhMh- Common- Series of dashes and dots along back, smaller and thinner than Fallow Spots. Link to example. Cannot be seen with Appaloosa.
Inspired by typical artist renderings of Mesohippus.
Quagga- QgQg-Uncommon- Striping across the face, neck, rump, and legs. Minimal expression is faint or little striping on face, neck, and/or legs. Maximum is striping across almost full body, past the withers. In order to be show maximum, must be homozygous.
Inspired by Quagga pelts.
Thylacine- TyTy- Uncommon- Large thick darker stripes across back and sometimes neck, with slight lightening in between the stripes along the back, sort of like reverse-pangare. Commonly linked to duns and sooties, though can be expressed without.
Inspired by Thylacine pelts.
Reverse Splash White- RwRw- Uncommon- Splash-white like markings that start on the back down, sometimes with "dripping" edges.
Fallow Spots- FsFs- Common- Lighter roughly rectangular spots that are larger around mid-spine, then smaller towards the withers and haunches. Cannot be seen with Roans.
Inspired by Fallow Deer.
Painted- AfAf- Rare- Large odd patches of two different colors, one dark, one light (most common black and white) over the base coat, with marbling around the barrel and hindquarters.
Inspired by African Wild Dog pelts.
Merle- MlMl- Rare- Large white patches and darker flecks across the bleached-out base coat. Can be isolated to small part of the coat, as in minimum, a majority of the coat, normal expression, or the entire coat, as in maximum expression.
Inspired by merle dog coats.
Clouded- ClCl- Very Rare- Large open spots with lighter rings around them. Minimal-Maximum, with minimal being a few spots to maximum being the vast majority of the coat. Must be ClCl to show on coat, otherwise the NEM is only a carrier for Clouded.
Inspired by Clouded Leopard pelts.
Last edited by SerenWish on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 am

Reserved.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 am

Now open for marks/comments!

A MASSIVE thank-you to Tynahi, who created the new lines! Aren't they just stunning? Hopefully adopts will be out soon!

Note to those of you who already have NEMs on the old lines- you can keep your NEMs! Any breedings will happen on the new lines and if you ask and give time I will be trying to transfer over any NEMs you'd like to see on the new lines! We will be re-numbering starting at one. All old NEMs will now have the ID number #o----. So an "o" in front of their number.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sillybob101 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:33 am

marrrk
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:13 am

STUNNING! Mark <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Arrow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:22 am

Mark!
.Arrow