Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Boa Imperators (looking for artists) by dreamwalker

Artist dreamwalker [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Boa Imperators (looking for artists)

Postby dreamwalker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:37 pm

I've wanted to do a little red tail adopt for a while now and finally got around to pulling up some lines. I've got a couple of places to go in and fix and I've got to get some species info up but a small artist search will be up soon c:
open for posting!

WIP

Welcome to Boa Imperator adopts! Here you can find boas up for adoption that come in any morph found naturally in B.C.I.'s, all ready to find a great new home!

Rules:
    -boas will only come in morphs natural to the species (boa constrictor imperator, or B.C.I's)
    -once the nursery is set up they can be bred. Females will have 4 breeding slots and can have a clutch of 1-6 baby boas. Males can be bred up to 8 times.
    -do not harass artists. They will get your breeding/custom/aging/etc. done as they have the time.
    -do not ask for customs. They will be offered through adoption, stream, or post.
    -you may own as many boas as you can handle
    -each adopter may only win up to 1 custom/semi-custom per 2 months. Artists can have up to 1 custom a month, either made by themselves or by another artist.
    -please keep posts related to B.C.I adopts, do not advertise other adopts on any of our topics
    -repeated rule breaking can result in temporary or permanent bans.
    -I reserve the right to re-home your boas if you are banned.
    -rules subject to change as needed.

breedings will be available for all pairings, including f/f, m/m, m/f, etc.
Last edited by dreamwalker on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby dreamwalker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:38 pm

res
Last edited by dreamwalker on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Basic morph/gene info

Albino:
    An Albino boa is absent or deficient in melanin (also known as amelanistic). The Albino Boa is a trait which gives the boa a lack of melanin and causes the boa to not produce any black pigment in the skin. There are thought to be T positive and T negative albinos. The Sharp strain version of albino, which is thought to be Tyrosinase positive. The Kahl strain is thought to be a Tyrosinase negative albino. The Albino gene is a recessive gene. Kahl and Sharp albinos are not compatible genes and should not be bred to one another.

Anery:
    An Anery (short for Anerythristic) boa is a recessive trait which gives the boa a lack of erythrin causing the boa not to produce any red pigment. This is an opposite of the albino boa and sometimes refereed to as the black boa.Their bodies are usually silver and their tails are a lavender color when they are first born. As an Anery ages, their saddles and their tail usually turn brown/yellow. This is a recessive gene.

Hypo:
    Hypomelanism (hypo) is a co-dominant trait where the boa lacks black pigment and in many cases brings in a more vibrant red, orange, and/or brown. This boa will is born with nearly no black scaling but still caries the black pigment. This boa also has a pattern morph giving the boa smaller saddles on the back and much more aberrant triangles along the sides.

Ghost: (rare)
    The Ghost boa is another dual-morph combination that is heterozygous for hypo and homozygous for anery. This boa has a washed out look because the crossing of the anery and hypo genes.
    In order to produce this boa you would need to cross a hypo-het aney with an anery or het anery.

Eclipse: (rare)
    An Eclipse boa is the combination of the Leopard and Colombian Motley genes.

Jungle:
    The Jungle boa originated in Sweden by a breeder named Lars Brandle. The Jungle gene is co-dominant.

Hypo Jungle:
    The Jungle Boa is a Co-Dominant trait which gives the boa pattern and and color variations. The jungle boa will have a single stripe or connected pattern along the back and a more vibrant color. When breeding a jungle boa to a normal you will get 50% jungle and 50% normal

Sunglow:
    The Sunglow is a dual morph combination that is heterozygous for hypo and homozygous for albino. This boa is very similar looking to the albion boa but the hypo trait gives it a much more vibrant reds and pinks hinting at the name sunglow.

In order to produce this boa you would need to cross a hypo-het albion with an albino or het albino.

Snow: (rare)
    The Snow boa is a result of the combination of two recessive traits (albino and anery). The snow boa is whiter than the albino boa and lacks all red pigment, replacing it with a silvery shade of white. When crossing the albion and anery boas you will produce offspring that look normal but are heterozygous for both recessive traits. These offspring are usually called double hets or double heterozygous for snow.

In order to produce the snow boa you have to cross 2 double hets from which you will get 25% snow boas from the offspring.

Moonglow: (rare)
    The moonglow is a triple morph combination that is heterozygous for hypo, homozygous for anery and homozygous for albino. This is the whitest boa to date. The moonglow is similar to the snow boa except for where the snow boa has a white pattern this boa is almost transparent or lavender.

Jaguar het Double Reverse Stripe (DRS):
    The jaguar gene is a dominant color and pattern morph. This gene brings in bright vibrant colors through out the boa and gives the boas a spongy pattern along the back and tail. If you bred a jaguar to any boa all the babies will come out jaguar. The Double Reverse Stripe is a recessive gene that embedded into the jaguar gene and cannot be bred out because of the dominant trait of the jaguar gene.

Hypo Jaguar het DRS:
    The hypo Jag het DRS is a triple morph combination that is heterozygous for hypo, dominant for jaguar and homozygous for DRS. If you bred a hypo jaguar het DRS a normal boa 50% of the babies will be hypo, 100% will be jaguar, and 25% will be het DRS

Jaguar DRS:
    The Jaguar Double Reverse Strip (DRS) boa is a recessive trait which gives the boa a double reverse stripe along the back and or tail of the boa.

Motley:
    The motley gene is known to be considered as Co-Dominant pattern mutation. Genuine motleys have feckless bellies, lateral striping, a black underside past the vent, a cross connecting their eyes, and either a ladder or striped tail.

Arabesque:
    The arabesque gene is a dominant gene. It’s distinctive linked dorsal pattern and body freckles make for busy but unique patterning.

This list will be updated as needed, so don't be afraid to ask if you have questions or find something you think should be added to the list!
Last edited by dreamwalker on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boa Imperators

res

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:39 pm

res

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Marking! I can't wait for this species, why isn't there more hype?
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:36 am

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boa Imperators (looking for artists)

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 am

Snakes!! This just made my day! <3 Mark!

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boa Imperators (looking for artists)

Postby EzzieBezzie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Could I try put for an artist?
EzzieBezzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me