Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Altair Izar's by WatermelonBear

Based on Click to view
Artist WatermelonBear [gallery]
Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Altair Izar's

Postby WatermelonBear » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Wild: 233
Domesticated: 1
Total: 234

What is an Altair Izar? wrote:The Altair Izar is a species similar to the modern day gryphon. There sheer size, large wings and powerful sharp talons make the Altair Izar one of the most dangerous animals on the planet. Over the last few centuries these large creatures have been mysteriously disappearing from all around the globe, now only a few hundred remain. Males can be identified with their large fluffy manes while females have ruffs much like the modern day tiger. The colour of the species vary though out the globe, often taking the feather colours of the native bird species, they can have markings similar to domestic cats and can sometimes be entirely one colour. These cats are now being domesticated around the globe and make excellent companions if trained right. Hopefully these efforts to try domesticate the species can help the species numbers.

Hello! Welcome to the Sanctuary! Here we rescue the rare Altair Izar. Some come in injured while others are captured and sent to us. We are running low on space here so we have decided to adopt out some of the cats. While these guys can be dangerous, when they are trained correctly they make excellent companions. While the wild population is slowly dying off we are trying to save as many as possible.
Last edited by WatermelonBear on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
WatermelonBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About

Why are they disappearing?

The main threat to Altair Izar's is coming into conflict with humans. These animals are hunted for there fur, feathers, claws, teeth and bones. These large animals will often snatch a few sheep and cows to snack on when the wildlife becomes scarce because of winter or over hunting. When that happens farmers often try to shoot any animal in sight, because Izars are often found in small groups of 2-4, the animals usually attack the farmer/s and later have to be destroyed. There are no laws yet preserving this creature as they are considered a pest in most places.

Other reasons is that the young are often be stolen from a nest or den at a young age and sold on the black market. Though illegal in every continent sometimes you will be able to find these animals being used in illegal street fighting, when the animal has its wings removed and is forced to fight with another one to the death in a arena…

Diet
Altair Izars are omnivores. They are very adaptable and will eat most things that are abundant in there habitat. Some Altair Izars prefer veggies and fruits and some diets consist of mostly meat. Berries seem to be the species favourite food, they work very well as treats to reward a Izar for good behaviour. Izars are extremely capable of hunting large animals and in Africa there have been reports of small groups of Izars taking down elephants. They can also fish. Most island dwelling Izars take to the shallow water for food, though they can't swim. They can also swoop down at fish and small animals, grasping them in their talons.

Altair Izars and humans have a history together, which influenced both of their cultures immensely. During the Ancient eras, more specifically to the period of the ancient Egyptians, Altair Izars and humans had the strongest relations in all of history. During this time period, there was something akin to a revolution among the Altair Izars.

Corvus, an abnormality among Izars, was the fire which sparked a chain of reactions and the eventual revolution. Altair Izars tend to stay in small groups, or alone, with no ranking system such as lions or wolves. Corvus, however, did not enjoy the solitary, or the equality of a small group. He craved more. He craved, power.

Having this, thirst, for more, Corvus quietly gathered minions, followers, people who craved for the idea of more, the idea of being better than everything else. Especially, humans. There was never a point in a history that humans and Altair Izars had a good, relationship but, at this point in history, it hit an all point low. As, Corvus himself, the mastermind behind it all, disliked humans. Actually, he despised them. Because of his hatred, it fueled his actions, it fueled his empire, it fueled the fear that everyone felt.

At this point in history, there were three sides to a lost war. Corvus and his hate fueled empire, the humans, whose actions were fueled by fear and the lost third side, the other Altair Izars. As not every Altair joined Corvus on his rampage. There were many innocents who stood on no side and were left to defend themselves from the hatred that Corvus had created. Humans had no mercy at this point either and all three of sides suffered immense casualties.

It was surprising to find that a duo from the lost side, the innocents, were actually the ones to stop and destroy the empire. A duo of friends to be exact, a boy-hearted female named Forfax and a male with a constant air of humour named Apodis. Both young and a fair bit away from the heart of the empire, but their determination and courage thrived over their inexperience. They travelled far, with the love of adventure from Forfax and the empathy of Apodis combined with their determination, they ventured and entered, the heart of the empire.

What exactly went on between the battle between Forfax and Apodis and the mastermind himself, Corvus, will never be known. The battle itself was a mystery that shrouded itself in questions. How did a tyrannical mastermind both kill the duo and, die himself by their hands? No-one ever figured out the truth, but what stands true, was that Forfax and Apodis sacrificed themselves for the greater good.

The tragedy was, that their deaths were inspiring and, their deaths broke down the empire, they did not win. Humans won in the end. Their fear took over, and the Altair Izars’ numbers broke down immensely. The empire completely vanished, and the innocents’ numbers were damaged. But, the genocide eventually stopped. However, the resentment never left the humans and Altair Izars were considered pests, vermin even. Some of them, however, looked up to the Altair Izars with admiration? Amazement? Interest… Forfax and Apodis and even Corvus showed fantastical power, strength and talent.

...Wouldn’t it be nice to have one?
~Written by the lovely FaeElemental <3

Owner/Artist
Berani Lily Deeks

Artist/Co Owner
.Lone Wolf.

Artist
-Undyne-

Last edited by WatermelonBear on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 13 times in total.
WatermelonBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

WIP
Last edited by WatermelonBear on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WatermelonBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Altair Izar's

Postby WatermelonBear » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

WIP
OPEN TO POSTING!

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Toyhou.se | Polizeihunde's | The NPHA | Deviant Art
Almost never on CS anymore, You can find me on DA :3
Artist Credits
WatermelonBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caeleste » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 pm

ooh gryphons... teensy mark
Slowly coming out of a hiatus! Shoot me a PM if anything is needed!
caeleste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Ooh, cool! Mark!

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:55 am

markity mark
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:21 am

mark
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Mark c:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chromium » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 am

Mark <3
Hey there! I'm Akita_ or you can call me chromium. I doodle a bunch so don't be afraid to pm me about getting some custom art or doing an art trade with me.

Chromium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me