Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

RU for opti-mism by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

RU for opti-mism

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Based off a Masked Palm Civet!
The shine is inspired by ivy leaves, since you mentioned their character tends plants, and I went with a blue accent, since they're nocturnal.

opti-mism wrote:
    username;; opti-mism
    kalon name;; Natori
    kalon gender;; Female
    5 word personality;; Bold, lazy, unyielding, meticulous, protective
    kalon's typical day;;
    With the start of a new day, Natori starts by squinting at the light streaming through the cloth cover of the door to her home in the treetops. Tugging them closed, she takes enjoyment in burrowing back into the pile of furs until the sun fully sets. Her day doesn't truly start until the dark has set upon the world, and she can explore the world as she does best.
    As the stars begin to shine down, Natori finally rises. Not an evening person, she calmly prepares her breakfast. Most often it's dried meat and mangoes, though the occasional papaya and nut can make its way into the mix. Tori tends to take her time, before strolling onto the deck and into the starlight.
    Now almost midnight, Tori takes the first flying leap into the trees, scaling down from her tremendous height towards the forest floor. It's at this point that her task begins, tending to the nocturnal plants that she's so passionate about. The moonlace that grows thick around her tree, the silver ivy that creeps up the trellises, and the Alorian saplings that she so carefully protects.
    Next she sets out to chasing off the few herbivores that invade her plantation with her "singing" staff. The chimes that jingle and sound at the end of her staff strike fear through creatures that remain, warning them to flee the caretaker who protects her crop so fiercely. She'll tend to the plants that have been injured, and set small traps to discourage the corresponding small visitors. From there, it's the percise task of watering.
    Though some might find it simple to water a garden, a nocturnal variety requires a percise touch. Gathering the water is no simple task, be that only water that has never seen the harsh light of the sun will help these growths flourish. Exposing water to the moon and stars that can't be seen below the thick canopy requires a long climb, and tedious work. Often taking hours, Natori takes breaks only for meals and a brief respite as daybreak draws closer.
    Finally, the crop requires attention to the fruits that it has beaded. Tori goes about her business, plucking the luminous and valuable fruit of the Alorian trees and snipping careful amounts from the rare and delicate moonlace. The silver ivy berries, depending on their ripeness, can provide relief from disease or energy to a kalon who has none. Natori will carefully tuck the harvest into her protective satchel, protecting it from the harsh light of daybreak as it grows nearer.
    As her day ends, she scales her tree back to her hut, squinting as the light breaks forth from the horizon. She's on her way to a well deserved sleep, to tend to her crop again tomorrow.

Hope you like it!
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RU for opti-mism

Postby opti-mism » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 am

Oh my god, I love her! Thank you so much, I just can't believe how gorgeous she is! My little nocturnal babe omgggg i'm crying
Image▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
opti-mism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me