Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Aakern Hounds | Under Construction (posting open <3) by King of Crows

Based on Click to view
Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Aakern Hounds | Under Construction (posting open <3)

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Introduction
Novater had been home to humans for only a short decade so far. In that short span of time thousands of species had already been discovered and documented, though only about half a dozen had been domesticated. A recent discovery was the Aakern Hound, named for the botanist who had discovered them while doing field work in the expansive temperate jungle of Southern Novater. The creatures, vaguely resembling the dogs of old times from the home planet, seemed remarkably curious about the humans. Several individuals were more bold than the others and would approach the research team. Once they discovered that the humans could provide food for them the Aakern Hounds became quite friendly. Though not yet fully domesticated they are being researched extensively. Of all the creatures so far discovered on Novater the Aakern Hounds seem to be the most intelligent with problem-solving and linguistic capabilities rivaling those of certain corvids on the home planet. Thanks to their inquisitive, socially-driven nature and beautiful plumage they have started to become very popular traveling companions as the human race continues to explore their new home.

Aakern hounds are large, intelligent creatures native to the planet Novater. They are covered partially in feathers, and mostly in durable skin. Aakern hounds are extremely social and naturally exist in family-oriented flocks of 8 to 20 members. While not yet domesticated, the hounds are readily tamed. They come in a wide variety of colors and patterns.

Fast Facts
Species Name: Aakern Hound
Pronounce: Ah-kurn (“ah” like achoo, “kurn” like kernel)
Height: 2.8 – 3.0 ft (0.8 - 0.9 m)
Weight: 60 – 170 pounds (27.2 - 77.1 kg)

Continue reading below to learn more!

Aakern Hounds © King of Crows
Last edited by King of Crows on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Q&A

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:36 pm

I’ll try to keep these simple. All of CS’s rules apply to Aakern Hounds (i.e.; no spam, no trolling, no art theft).

-You may own up to twelve Aakern Hounds (paid for customs and contest prizes do not count)

-The only way to get a custom is by purchasing one when they are offered, do not ask about free customs

-Please do not ask/offer to be staff…if I need staff then I will open application submissions

-If you no longer want an Aakern Hound then please tell me, do not sell them/send them to an adoption agency/etc

-Respect the species traits and abilities (they do not have hair or fur, they only eat meat, etc)

-If you submit art for a contest and do not win then the winner gets the art (this is to prevent confusion about who owns that Aakern Hound)

-Aakern hounds cannot be your fursona (because they are KoC’s species), but we encourage developing them as characters through RPGs and the like!

-The only breeding Aakern hounds can do must be done through the official breeding center

-If you have a question then ask on the thread (chances are you’re not the only one wondering about it!)

Rules are subject to change.

As questions are asked on the thread they will be added here with answers!

Q: 1. How do I adopt one?
A: You adopt an Aakern Hound much the same way you do many Oekaki adoptables on CS. You look below the main image to see the thumbnails of created hounds. If one catches your eye then click on the image to visit it's thread. There you can check to see if the competition is still going, and if it is you simply fill out the form and fulfill the artist-determined requisites. Then the artist will eventually select and announce the winner(s). Some forms are just simply a raffle, while others will require more creativity. You simply do it to the best of your ability and hope for the best. If you don't win, don't fret, there will be many more to try for in the future!
Q: 2. Can I be a staff member?
A: When I need staff members I will make an announcement in regards to it. If there is no such announcement made then assume that I am not looking for help at the time.
Q: 3. Can I have a custom/do you offer customs?
A: In the future custom Aakern hounds will be available for a price. Customs will never be given away as contest prizes, though semi-customs (i.e.; design the feathers) might be. For now we do not offer customs, besides to staff members.
Q: 4. Do Aakern Hounds have fur?
A: Nope! They are covered in skin, which is usually a shade of brown/pink as a baby and gains more pigment and toughness with age.Otherwise they have feathers, which starts as fluffy down on babies.
Q: 5. How do you breed Aakern hounds? How often can they breed?
A: Aakern Hounds can be bred at the Breeding Center (not yet open). The details of breeding are still being worked out at this time.
Q: 6. What sorts of creatures and/or plants do they eat?
A: The hounds are predators (though not the apex predator in their environment). They will go after small native animals on their own (things the size of an Earth mouse or rabbit), and as a flock will take down larger omnivores (size similar to an Earth deer or cow).
Q: 7. If we win an Aakern, are we able to add accessories to their picture?
A: You will be able to add some items, but nothing that you wouldn't put on a dog, and since feathers are more delicate than fur anything that presses on their body should be avoided. Loose collars and leg accessories are fine, though.
Q: 8. If we get one do we have to join a pre-existing pack, can we make our own, etc?
A: Aakern flocks tend to be family oriented (parents and children, siblings, etc), but of course friends will form flocks as well! You'll be able to create your own flock, or even let relationships develop and flocks form through RPing!
Last edited by King of Crows on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Staff
Below is a list of all staff members who work/have worked with Aakern Hounds.

King of Crows
Admin/Founder
Last edited by King of Crows on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About Aakern Hounds and Novater

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Introduction
XXXAakern Hounds, typically referred to as hounds or aakerns, are a semi-domesticated alien species. They are not classified as mammals, reptiles, etc, because on the planet Novater these classifications do not exist. They loosely resemble feathered dogs.
XXXThis center exists based on a sort of story-like thing. It is taking place in the future, long after humans have had to leave earth to avoid extinction. While most humans now exist in space-based colonies there are small planetary colonies starting up on habitable planets. Novater is one of these planets that has become home to a small human population. Those who partake in the Aakern Hound adoptables essentially become citizens of Novater.

Anatomy
Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aakern Hounds | Under Construction

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Posting is allowed now, the other posts are just going to be some more species information and such. Please ask any questions that you may have, our Q&A is a little barren right now, haha.

I'm working on some more illustrations for the thread itself, but it's mostly done for now :)
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aakern Hounds | Under Construction

Postby allu » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Mark

╔══════════════════════════════╗
spectre adult pst they/he bisexual
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
hey, i'm spec! i'm your average user with
too much free time. my interests include
drawing, music and gaming. i love crows,
fortnite and ranboo. feel free to PM me!!

╚═════════════════════════╝

allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aakern Hounds | Under Construction (posting open <3)

Postby ~The Original Alice~ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 pm

mark (pst these are really cool)

Image Image Image
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
────────IS GOING TO BE ─
ImageImage
─ MAYBE NOT─────────────
─────────── EVENTUALLY─
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS → • 1 / • 2 / • 3 / •
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Image Image

~The Original Alice~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpuppies » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Super excited to see where these go!
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eros » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:39 pm

mark!

{He/They}

I'm Matt and I like to collect bunnies! :]
You can usually find me roaming the
Oekaki, but I'm pretty active in the
trading scene, especially during events.

Feel free to send me a trade or a pm!
I don't bite!

_______________________________________________________________________Image
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:38 am

Updated the posts with some more useful information and such.

Thank you all for your support!
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me