once in a blue moon - foodhog - Winners announced! by Ovacalix

Based on Click to view
Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 12 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

once in a blue moon - foodhog - Winners announced!

Postby Ovacalix » Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 am

In a galaxy far far away there is a planet known as Ankmor. This planet is an organic hot spot, its ridges and peaks conquered by towering trees and dense foliage, much like our own planet, but doubled if not tripled in size. Ankmor is guarded closely by sister moons that drift along with the mass as it cycles its central star, Sol. Even though today Ankmor has grown a few city states and become a neutral zone where all manner of life forms land their ships to rest, refuel, and trade, the planet still retains the natural and feral beauty that it had grown into. The dominant race of Ankmor is an elven like race of people called the Morians, and the second dominant race is the Foodhog, which have evolved to be the stalwart companions and guardians of the Morians. Their combined intelligence and sentience allowed to them to thrive and prosper on Ankmor, all the while ensuring their planets health and prosperity.

Hey yall! This is the first official Foodhog to be up for adoption.

Both of these foo's have levitating orbs, they do not have the power to make them levitate though : c

" For this competition you need to find a friend! They do not have to be familiar with Foodhogs, but they will be your partner for this competition. [no holding anyone against their will tho]

all that is really required is that you describe what the relationship is between these two foodhogs. Are they siblings? Mates? Enemies? Why? How did they meet? write it like a story!

Im looking more for the story than anything else, but you can add anything else you want.

Post partnerships here so I know who is working with who please! Or just do it on the forms I dont mind XD"

Code: Select all
username;;
Foodhog name;;
gender;;
story;;
link to partner form;;
Last edited by Ovacalix on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

x

Postby Bettalong » Mon May 16, 2016 6:41 am

Congratulations! nwn
Last edited by Bettalong on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: once in a blue moon - foodhog

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 am

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Tui and La are twin sisters, hatched many, many years ago
from nearly spherical eggs. Each foo is accompanied by a small, levitating
orb of unknown origin. Despite being twins, Tui and La are quite different.
La is a strong individual, good at fighting with both her claws and her
words. The cream-colored guardian is much more loving towards her
family and puppers than she is to others, despite the many irritations
her sibling causes. Tui is much the opposite, preferring flight
to fight and quickly running away at signs of danger or trouble. The
reddish brown female is constantly jittering around and causing some
form of annoyance for La. Tui can prove to be an asset in battle situations,
despite the fact that she flees. She is a great tactician and can provide
split second decisions for her sister’s fights from afar. In daily life, Tui is
much less talkative than the other foo and will lay down and take abuse
instead of standing up for herself. She depends on La to keep her safe
from the world and others. Since they were puppers, La has been the more
dominant of the two, always protecting and rescuing Tui from bad situations.
Because of her nature, La is usually calm, but without a plan she can quickly
become frazzled and stressed. Tui is there because even though she’s
constantly moving and jittering, she’s always calm for her sister and can
make a plan in a snap. Tui has a better sense of humor than La, though the
humor mainly boils down to tasteless pranks and leaping onto
the other from behind. Neither sister is necessarily 'good' at humor, but
La’s dry take on it doesn’t impress, while Tui’s enthusiasm
gives others the impression that she’s at least trying.

La reserves much of her frustration to be released against Tui in small
sibling skirmishes about pranks Tui has pulled or the reddish foo running
away during a stressful battle. These fights tend to be short and vicious,
as Tui isn’t afraid to fight back against her own sister. What each sibling
lacks
in one category the other has mastered. La has the strength that Tui lacks
while Tui has the speed. Each foo uses their given strengths as best they
can while catering to their own interests. Due to many of their decisions
not
involving the other unless they’re cooperating, the siblings clash a great
deal off of work and the field. They get along quite well between fights,
but their relationship is ever-shifting, to say the least. Even throughout
all conflicts, the pair acknowledges the fact that they are siblings and
under everything they do love and care for each other. Like any sibling
relationship, they do most definitely have their ups and their downs,
but these two have a tendency to roll out of it fighting, even if said
fighting is against each other

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
╔══════════════════════╗
--Username|| D.J.D Vᴏs

--Foodhog name|| Tui

--Gender|| Female

--Link to partner form|| Goofball217
╚══════════════════════╝
"Tui....."

Those on Ankmor know of the existence of twin foodhogs. A pair of sisters who fight and bring balance to the planet. Rarely seen and never communicated with, the pair were dismissed as fiction throughout the ages. When the two were rediscovered, it was decided that they would be honored as guardians.

These sisters are Tui and La, the keepers of the moons. Long ago they hatched as normal puppers to parents who knew exactly what their babies were destined to be. Each child had an orb begin to follow them soon after their emergence. One red orb, one blue. The existence of these orbs acts as a measure of each twin’s life. The Glow indicates their health, and if a orb in broken, the sibling who is attached to it will fade away. The pair grew up, playing and often fighting. Each turned into a foil for the other. Tui became jittery, timid, and pacifistic; refusing to fight with anyone other than her sibling. La, on the other hand, became a powerhouse. The cream colored foo was a talented fighter and speaker who found her sibling’s jittering and flight response to be incredibly annoying.

The pair found that working together would benefit them both, and that Tui was more useful in battle than they’d previously thought one fateful day. At the time, each sister was nearly fully grown. They were exploring the nearby forest, sating the intense curiosity of young adults in a new place. Several hours passed in blissful safety, with the pair stopping once to rest near a particularly massive tree. Tui slept in the shade of the massive boughs while La took the time to drink and keep an eye out for anything in the surroundings that could be considered dangerous.

When something flashed through the trees nearby, La went on full alert, her gaze snapped to every movement. The source of the movement soon exposed itself, another foo. The large six legged female stood tall in front of the red moon, her four eyes glowing in the shadow of the tree. The dark foo gave a hiss, threatening La without the use of words. La growled in response, shifting her weight and fluffing up her pelt to show that she most certainly wouldn’t back down.
This display only got a chuckle from the hunter, “You believe that looks threatening?” she snapped. Her words woke the blue moon, who snapped her head to her sister before bolting straight up into the tree, to safety. La gave an angered, exasperated snarl. She’d always known Tui would be no help for fights, her sister was never good for combat. La turned back to her opponent, only to see and feel the hunter slam into her flank. She flailed for a moment before getting her claws to sink deep into a hind leg. The pale foo flung her enemy to the side, only to hear her sister calling from the tree.

“Get the eyes! Look for a blind spot!”

La snorted in astonishment, momentarily distracted by her sister’s suggestion. Thankfully the dark foo was too busy getting to her feet to notice La’s distraction. La turned her gaze back to the problem at hand while circling around in an attempt to find a blind spot as her sibling suggested. When she did, it was directly behind the large foo. Taking a chance, La leapt directly onto her back, wrapping forelegs around to claw at the four sensitive eyes. The attacker was quickly blinded and wailing, thrashing and bucking to try and fling La off. Tui was screaming encouragements and suggestions from her safe perch in the tree. La, considering the success of her twin’s first suggestions, quickly took them in mind. It took what was probably only a few more moments of combat to drive the currently blinded assailant away.

Breathing hard and scraped up, La looked at her sister as she climbed down from the tree. Tui always stopped hiding once danger was gone. It was one of the things about her that ticked La off the most, but now… Now maybe Tui would be some sort of useful in a fight. The Blue moon seemed to know what she was saying. La’s irritation faded away completely when Tui came up and started looking over her wounds, cleaning them. Despite everything that her sister did to annoy her, La did love her sibling, and Tui very much loved her back.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BubbleUniverce » Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 am

username;; BubbleUniverce
Foodhog name;; Beatrice (Nickname) Bea
gender;; Female
story;;
link to partner form;; Meddled
Last edited by BubbleUniverce on Tue May 24, 2016 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Everyone wants,
happiness.
No one wants,
pain.
But you can't have a
rainbow,
Without a little
rain."
-Anonymous
BubbleUniverce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Wed May 25, 2016 11:57 am

reserved, looking for a partner for the red moon

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Striking Fear; Kore

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Wed May 25, 2016 2:50 pm

username;; -Willow
partner;; starry-knight

Foodhog name;; Kore | name origin;; one of Jupiter's many moons | gender;; Female | relation to Red Moon;; twin sister
Foodhog theme song;; Still Here- Digital Daggers
Orb in possession;; Blue Orb | Orb name;; Umbriel | name origin;; a moon of Uranus
Morian name;; Brandt | name origin;; English | gender;; Male | status;; best friend to Calder; son of original researchers
________xxx______________________xxx____________________________________xxx______________________xxx________
personality;;
As Kore aged from a young Foodhog into an adult, certain traits and aspects of herself evolved, dissolved and added new additions to form the version of her everyone on Ankmor fears..

Kore has never been the most out-going Foodhog. As a child, she was reserved with little in the way to say toward a conversation. She was not hostile nor did she dislike others. It was simply she was always more withdrawn and her sister. She always stuck close to Elara, allowing her to be the social one rather than herself.
The pair was always close, though, and Kore trusted her sister with every fiber of her being. She always could go to Elara with her issues and speak with her without feeling as though she would be judged or ridiculed. She was certain they would always be together and be close no matter what.
Kore always slightly protective of Elara, never wanting to see her sister hurting or in pain. It was almost as though she were the sweet Elara's bodyguard and protector. There was always something intimidating and almost foreboding about her being.

Once she was given the blue orb and taken from Elara, however, Kore became aggressive and began showing outwardly-hostile tendencies. She was no longer able nor allowed to see Elara, and this forced her into a darker place within herself. She is quick to snap and attack, and any feelings of remorse she once has in her younger years is since gone.

She either sleeps very little or sleeps constantly, and should she be disturbed there will be hell to pay. Kore is very irritable, now obsessed with seeing Elara again. She never wanted to be charged with guarding such a precious object, especially being it took her from her beloved sister. She has even gone so far as to risk bringing the moons together simply to see her.
Kore's Morian caretaker is terrified of her, as are all other beings. She has gained what respect she has from them through the fear she instils.

When alone with the Blue Orb, Umbriel, she brooding and full of self-pity. She only ever has one conversation to have with it, and things are very repetitive with her. Kore often threatens to throw the orb, shatter it against the stone of her modern-day temple, but there is always something inside her that keeps her from doing so.
Umbriel is all she has now; the only company she can keep. Not that being alone bothers her.
________xxx______________________xxx____________________________________xxx______________________xxx________
The Beginning of the End of it All;;
A lot has changed since Elara and Kore were cast into the position of orbs' guardians. Forced to be split apart forever to preserve the safety of their planet and it's inhabitants. No matter what that meant for the two of them. Both wandering beyond the boarders of their heart. Both cast into a desolate place of isolation within themselves.
- -- --- -- -

The first to arrive through the doorway was a tan female who’s eyes were just as red as the magnificent splotches of it that lay on it’s coat. She was the ‘brighter’ of the pair, following instinctively after the voice that beckoned. The second, now scrambling to keep up was her sister. Deep reds across her pelt and littered with little blue dots that entranced any eye for a small peak her way. Slower to respond, this young Foodhog was much less agreeable to be with than the other, and her temperament never ceased to unnerve even the most easy-going of spirits.

Both girls were but a year old, learning their way around the cities of Ankmor and their duties to be given precedence upon their aging. However, now they were but tender and tiny souls, enjoying the bustle and noise of the inner city ports.

“Kore come on catch up!” Elara the lighter female begged, turning her head to catch sight of her twin who seemed to be once again lagging behind.

“Kore!” The tan sibling shouted, now realizing her sister had been entranced by a small family of Morians walking by. Her eyes shone big with interest and desire, only to fade as Elara raced over in a hurry. “Come on Kore, we gotta keep moving. Calder is waiting on us….”Her voice soft as she realized Kore was unhappy about something.

“You’re thinking about them again aren’t you?” Elara asked, sympathy threaded into her tone.

Kore simply nodded, tears flooding into her eyes as she continued to reflect on the subject. Elara sighed, rubbing her head under her sisters consolingly. “We have a new family now Kore. Calder is our new family…..ok? He will take care of us.”

“Come on girls, we must keep moving.” Calder called, interrupting the conversation. “We aren’t far now, just a few more minutes.” The Morian walked over to the pair, both strikingly large for being so young. He bent over calmly, scooping both up into both of his/her arms before continuing the walk towards his/her home.

As they continued to move, Elara found herself enchanted with the ships that flew across the sky in marvelous displays. Her red eyes wandering to see Kore looking the other way, head down in dismay and discontent. Not able to enjoy the moment with Kore being upset, Elara finished the rest of their walk with her head down and her mind whirling over the change that had thrust them both into this new life. One neither girl had ever wanted.
Arrival of Our Destinies;;
The sun shone down hard that day, leaving the plants, the animals and the air gasping for breath. The ground itself boiled, every step taken ached with exhaustion. This was no different for the small party walking down the beaten path into the overgrowth. A troop of 2 foodhogs, and two Morians all deep in conversation as they trekked deeper into the unknown.

Where do you think we are going?” The red female asked, concern laced within her words, “I mean, they said it was of great importance….but the way Calder talked about it…makes me nervous there is more to his words than that.

Whatever it is,” The pale female responded, “there is no use worrying about it yet….time to just enjoy the walk, Kore.” Elara finished, now realizing and remembering the blistering sun hovering up above. “Scratch that….the day is being less than agreeable.

Kore gave a short chortle and grinned in agreement, gazing around as well at the heat cracked ground.

The group continued to make their way through the brush, until they came upon a worn down and decaying building. Etched and cracked stone held up by merely a wish and a prayer from collapsing completely. The two Morians, Calder and Brandt leading the way into the arch way of the building and into the dark room beyond. The two foodhogs remained at the entrance, taking in the sight for the first time.

I have a bad feeling about this Elara.” Kore spoke, her voice a whisper.

Calder has never shown any means of danger to us Kore. Nothing bad is going to happen here…okay?
Seeing Kore’s discontent upon her face, Elara pressed on.
Do you trust me?” She asked.

Well of course I-"
Then there is nothing to worry about. Come on.“ Elara encouraged, walking first into the dark room, soon followed by Kore.

Alright girls - I am sure you are wondering why we have brought you here.“ Calder began, breaking the silence in the dense and dusty room. “I have come to gift you both with a great honor, passed down from both my parents, Brandt’s and the Foodhogs tasked with this before you.“ His voice trailing slightly before he continued. “A long time ago my parents discovered two orbs with incredible power. They seemed almost - sentient….and able to think for themselves. It was an amazing find, but one my parents couldn’t quite understand until Brandt’s family agreed to research them. These- These orbs are linked to the two moons circling our planet. We don’t know how yet - or why. But, we do know that when brought together….these orbs pull the moons towards each other in a collision course to each other.“ Calder opened his mouth to continue when Kore interjected.

What does that have to do with us?

Well…….You both have been chosen as their guardians.” Calder said softly, knowing what promptly would follow.

So you are saying, we are the next guardians of these orbs..? but they can’t be brought together…… Your-.. Your trying to tear us apart!” Kore blurted, followed by Elara’s quick response as she tried to console her.

Kore, he hasn’t said everything yet - we don’t know that for sure….right?” She said, now directing her view to Calder who watched with sorrowful eyes.

I am so sorry Elara…Kore. You both have shown so much potential for this. It is - is an honor.” He stuttered.

So you are separating us then? We can - we can never see each other again…” Kore began, venom filling her voice. Tears flooded her eyes and now falling down her cheeks. Elara drawing close to her and sharing in her sorrow. No one else spoke for a while, the two twins remained their sobbing, holding one another tight and firm. Taking advantage of the little time they had left together.

After a few hours, Calder and Brandt broke the silence. “Come on girls. It’s time to go. The orbs are waiting for you.

Elara pulled away first, her duty to Calder and their planet pulling her heart away from her other half. Sniffling, Elara stood up, Kore still holding onto her leg as she did so. “P-Please don’t go Elara. I don’t want to live life alone….without you.“ she begged, voice cracking as she sobbed.

I am so sorry Kore….I-I am so sorry. This i-is not goodbye forever…only for now. I will see you again.” Elara cried, rubbing her head against Kore’s affectionately and passionately. Tears free flowing even more down both of their faces. “Goodbye Kore. Be strong for me…okay?” Elara asked softly, turning from Kore and walking to Calder’s side. Her tail finally parting from Kore’s soft red pelt. Kore took in her sister's sweet and comforting scent one last time, tears falling silently from her eyes.

As Elara and Calder turned away, Kore glanced back at Brandt. The male Morian had a kind face. He had never shown any signs of aggression in the few days he had been around, and Kore didn't have much of a choice but to trust him. But she didn't. Seeing that she was not going to move, he walked forward and lifted the deep red Foodhog off the ground. She was still small enough for now.
Kore felt numb. Her entire being betrayed and hurt. A huge part of her changed in that moment, and she would never be the same.
How Things Have Changed;;
That day seemed much further into the past than it was. Blue eyes bore into the heavy stone door that lay across the room from deep within the darkness. There were many, large windows that the temple's occupant had ordered boarded up for she did not want to see nor hear the sounds of the outside world. She did not want anything to do with the happy beings that lay just outside. How could they stand to be so happy when she herself lived in anguish every day?
Long claws scrapped against the cold stone as she thought about it. Her long tail shifted closer to her, pulling a softly-glowing blue orb to her face. The sound echoed noisily and bounce around the empty walls for a few, long moments.

"Umbriel.." she murmured finally, her was voice deep and raspy.
The orb glowed a bit brighter in response when she replied.
"Why do you take me so far from my sister? Destined to never see her again til death?" Kore asked, never removing her fierce gaze from the door ahead of her.
The light from the orb flickered, it's light never getting brighter than that given off from the moon it represented when in it's fullest cycle.
The adult Foodhog merely grunted, pulling the orb away from her face once again. She missed Elara every hour of every day, and nothing could ease that. She longed to see her bright and loving eyes and to feel her fur. To smell her comforting scent. Kore resented her life-long task with a passion, and she knew Umbriel knew so. After all, the orb was a sentient of some form.

She lifted Umbriel in her tail and tensed to throw it in a fit of self-pity but stopped herself from going any further than that. Slowly the dark red female carefully lowered her tail. She tucked the orb close to her side. She did not know what kept her from shattering it along the hard stone ground. If she did so, she would be able to see her sister once again. There would be no fear of the two moons colliding and the world would be in no danger.
The Foodhog knew that if the two mysterious orbs were brought together that the twin moons of Ankmor would be as well. That the two satellites would collide and the destruction of all life on the planet would be obliterated. They needed to always be guarded. When the orb's original guardians died, Calder, one of the original finders of the orb, purchased the sisters to take their place.
Perhaps it was the thought of the unknown that prevented her from shattering it. Of what would happen should the orb be broken. Perhaps it was some sense of duty she felt toward keeping the orb safe. Kore did not know why she never simply destroyed Umbriel, but she never did. Every time she was to throw it, she stopped herself from doing so and lay the orb back by her side.

An expression tugged at her mouth. Words she wanted to say. A conversation she wanted to begin again as she had countless times in the past. The soft glow coming from Umbriel told her it already knew what she wanted to say, and knew that she would say it anyway.
"I miss Elara." Kore murmured to the orb once more, "But you already know that."
Living Nightmare;;
It wasn't often that the crimson red Foodhog was able to get to sleep, and when she did it was often restless and dreamless. Kore awoke slowly, blinking open her brilliant blue eyes which held none of life's light. Tonight had been one of those night, and of coarse her sleep at been tormented by a nightmare. It had seemed so real.
She still had Elara, and they had the orbs as well. They had never been forced to separate and all was okay. In the end, however, she still lost Elara and was cast into solitude. Kore had awoken to hot tears rolling down her cheeks, awoken to a nightmare she had been living for past decade.

For a moment, she truly believed that Elara would be there and Kore briefly looked for her before reality took it's hold on her mind. She growled quietly, closing her eyes once again. The sapphire blue orb that was secured in the curl of her tail glowed faintly and slowly in response to it's keeper's awakening and displeasure, almost as though it were asking of her concerns.
"I need to know if she's okay, Umbriel.." the Foodhog murmured to the orb, and action many found bizzar, "I'm going to see if Elara's okay."

The blue orb glowed frantically in protest. It knew all too well that it could not come into contact with it's counterpart- and it knew that it's Foodhog guardian was aware of this as well. Kore glared at Umbriel from the corner of her eye. "You don't think that I don't know that? Of coarse I do!" she growled to the orb, "You know I won't be getting that close you sentient."
She didn't wait for a response from her rather unorthodox companion before hauling herself onto large and dangerous paws. Her shimmering blue claws clacked against the stone floor with her every step, a muscular frame forming a silhouette in the fading shadows. She was an intimidating being, her very presence demanding the utmost respect and giving off extreme danger. There was rarely a creature that dared try to approach her in aggression or with ill intentions.

As the red female left the confines of her temple home, dust rose at her feet as she stepped out. The sun was high in the sky, and despite the heat that immersed the atmosphere Kore knew autumn was soon to arrive. The leaves were beginning to attempt to turn colors and the wind that crossed Ankmor was cooling. This was a dangerous time to journey, but Kore did not care.

The orb flickered it's soft light faintly and in response Kore sighed. "Look, I.." she began, voice soft, "I'm sorry for snapping at you.. I was just.."
She looked at her paws now, continuing on her path to where their journey apart began. It was risky to bring the orbs so close together, but Kore had thought this through for months. She had figured it wouldn't be too dangerous to go to the crumbling temple. She had watched the moons' cycle about in their orbit for some time attempting to figure a way to meet her sister again. It simply was not possible.
For a long while, Kore said nothing and the orb remained silent. Hours had trudged by before the sullen Foodhog spoke again. "Don't worry, Umbriel. I won't let you get too close to Deimos. Whether we like it or not, we're all either of us has left." she murmured to the orb. It's light glowed bright for a moment before dimming again and faintly flickering in response. What ever it had said, brought something of a smile to Kore's face.
"I'm just going to leave something there, so that she knows I'm alright, too, then we'll leave. I promise."
The orb didn't respond to this, but Kore kept going anyway.

Darkness had fallen by the time she reached the crumbling old temple. It seemed even more foreboding now than it had then. She suppressed a shiver of apprehension, looking to the sky instead. Ankmor's twin moons were terribly close, but not at risk of colliding. Kore knew it was safe to enter the darkened body.

It reeked without odor, age having washed away any scent that had remained there. She avoided where she and her sister were forced to part ways, instead choosing to investigate other parts of the temple. Umbriel acted as a sort of torch for her, though Kore could feel it's discomfort as though it were her own. Without a word she attempted to console it's fears, though with little luck.

The temple was dark and eerie, even to Kore. She found herself feeling both alone and not at the same time, and not because of her orb. It was as though there were something else there, and it frightened her. The memories that resided there hung heavily in the atmosphere of the building.
As much as she did not want to, she made her way over to where Elara left her. There wasn't much to see of the room. Nothing had changed. She did not want to linger there for much longer. It was growing to be too much for her.
"Oh Elara.." she breathed, simply standing in the entrance way. Kore forced tears from her eyes- crying felt unnatural.
Without much thought, she rose up and carved a jagged 'K' into the stone. Her claws etched the letter into the ancient stone like a hot knife through butter, but the screeching echo of the action still rang throughout the building. Stepping back, she looked it over for a short time before turning around.

Umbriel had grown frantic and Kore knew she needed to leave. She said nothing as she exited the old temple, nor on the journey back to their home, but her mind was a-buzz with thoughts of Elara. She never was able to find out if her sister was okay or not, and it troubled her. Possibilities raced through her mind, the next always worse than one that preceded it. It wasn't until the blue orb that rested in the curve of her tail flickered that she was brought to the present.
Kore looked up, seeing that the twin moons had begun to part their ways. "Just like Elara and me.." she murmured, watching them for a moment. She turned her attention forward once more, completing the hike home in silence.

Dawn had awoken long before Kore reached her temple home, and frankly she felt as though she could sleep for days. She would not tell Brandt of her deed, knowing he would be furious with her, instead allow him to ponder about the anomaly. She entered the familiar corridor that held her quarters, closing the door behind her. Laying down in her grassen bed, Kore's brilliant blue eyes closed, her tail pulling Umbriel close. The day was to begin as many prior had- in a restless and dreamless sleep.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 26 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aphos;

Postby houndpine » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Username;;
draumr

Foodhog Name;;
Aphos

Name Meaning;;
Rather aptly based on his orb, Aphos means "bringer of light".

Gender;;
Male

Personality;;
Aphos is the kind of foodhog who likes to cultivate a reputation of being cold and ruthless, both as a matter of
pride and a defense mechanism. He's become less aggressive than he was when he was young, and prefers not to
pick unneeded fights- they're more trouble than they're worth. If he has a fearsome reputation, he's more likely to
be respected and left alone. However, Aphos also hates anything or anyone resembling a bully and will often go on
the offensive in order to defend a weaker or innocent party in a cotflict. He is surprisingly determined and dedicated
once he's latched onto a goal, despite his usual appearance of detachment and his almost uniformly loose bonds. Along
with this dedication comes a fierce loyalty and protectiveness to those who have earned his trust- something only one
foodhog has ever achieved. Aphos is usually very guarded and distrustful- he detests sharing personal details of any real
meaning, although idle charm is a skill of his. He prefers not to interact with others much for social fun or enjoyment,
but can be very charming and manipulative to get something he wants, or very caustic and aggressive if speaking to
someone he can't benefit from and doesn't like. Aphos has both a silver tongue and a sharp one- snark is just as much a
weapon to him as his sharp claws. And of course, his sarcasm can also mean he's comfortable with whomever he is speaking
with and witty banter is just about the only way he'll show affection. Aphos has always been a confident foodhog, sometimes
to the point of cockiness, but this has been tempered somewhat by his tendency to observe before acting as he has grown
into an adult. He remains almost always remarkably calm and level-headed, even in stressful situations, and only becomes
truly angry when something is threatening Nykyrian. His anger is quiet and cold, and usually results in a sudden and rather
unexpected outburst of violence directed at whomever brought about his anger, which quickly ebbs back into his usual
subdued and sharp confidence afterwards. Aphos can sometimes act more aggressively also due to his naturally rebellious
nature and his dislike and complete lack of respect for any form of authority, but usually this takes the form of cutting
remarks and subtle threats.

Occupation;;
When Aphos was a young adult, he decided to put his rather unorthodox skillset to use by becoming a mercenary.
He had always been able to hold his own or end up the victor in the many fights he ended up in living in the city,
and his thievery had allowed him to develop stealth, agility, and a sharp perception that allowed him to scout out
exit routes and potential threats with a few glances over an area. And he liked the pay- Aphos can be rather greedy.
He quickly became decently successful and began to travel with his earnings, both looking for new jobs and new sights.
Today, he and Nykyrian are usually on the road, stopping wherever they're hired as mercenaries together. They've gained
quite a reputation as highly effective, but they'll only accept jobs that they feel comfortable with, as grey as their morals
are. If they'd be taking advantage of a much weaker or even innocent opponent, they usually will refuse a job. Sometimes in
cases like these that they come across, they'll even act as 'guardians' of a sort, fighting on behalf of those who cannot defend
themselves against those who are more powerful and aggressive.

Relationship;;
Aphos and Nykyrian are brothers-in-arms.
They gained each other's trust and respect fighting side-by-side for the same cause, and now trust each other with their lives.
Nykyrian is the first foodhog that Aphos has ever really had any meaningful or stable relationship with, and certainly the first
that he's ever felt any sense of personal loyalty towards. Aphos usually has many allies and will help them to an extent if it will
protect their ability to benefit him in return, but will abandon them if need be without remorse. However, he'd never abandon
Nykyrian, even if it meant sacrificing his own well-being or even his own life to ensure the other foodhog's safety. Aphos has never
been the affectionate type, and he's never really expressed any of this devotion or trust, but that's not his style. He likes to show his
affection for Nykyrian through dry wit and sarcasm for the most part, as well as his eventual forgiveness after any conflicts that
their dually confident and assertive personalities may lead to. Their relationship is best illustrated through the sight of the two
fighting together- back to back, neither looking at the other but still instinctively knowing where they are and moving fluidly
around each other in a violent dance of sorts, a whirlwind of unstoppable destruction, their twin orbs glowing fiercely.

Story;;

link to partner form;;
Tenebrism | Form of the red moon
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 am

final bump - ends june 25th!

okidoki, because it was requested and the end date is probably going to be a lot better for me, I've decided to give a three-day extension. So in stead of closing it for judging it on the 25th, I will close it for new forms on the 25th, and current forms will have until the 28th to complete their entries!
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 pm

okay, I was utterly like... wowed by these forums, but I had to draw a conclusion.

Congratulations starry-knight and -willow.
    Your story for these foodhogs was just... amazing. like... om g
    I have no words for it, I love the concept, I love everything about it...
    so, congratulations!

Evils and Bettalong I am rewarding you each with one bemusing shard as a runners up prize [basically a MYO token, when you collect three you can --yeah.. make your own... pftt] You may start concepts now if you like, but they will only become official when you've collected the three shards ^^

**bemusing shards can be won as runners up prizes or earned through completing species oriented prompts. Try to keep edits to a minimum pls ; v ;

Goofs and Chibi, I'm gonna forward 200 baubles into your vaults, you guys did amazingly ^^.

Thanks you guys so much for participating, I really enjoyed reading your forums!
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: once in a blue moon - foodhog - Winners announced!

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Gratz guys! Thanks for the baubles Tarn~
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me