Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ascorian Warmbloods by adheline

Based on Click to view
Artist adheline [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ascorian Warmbloods

Postby adheline » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Ascordian Warmbloods are a breed of light horses that come from the small country of Ascoria, bred from several select breeds consisting primarily of the Gelderland and Hackney. They specialize in competitions such as showjumping, dressage, and carriage driving. However, they're primarily owned for pleasure more than competition. They have an average height range of 15-16.3 hands, the shortest ever recorded at 13.2 and the tallest at 17.1 hands. They feature the average build of the warmblood, built for competition as well as show. However, while this breed is known to have excellent hearing and sight, their downfall is their ability to be easily injured.

Competitions results posted
Please Read
Ascorian Warmbloods is a fictional breed that will run sort of sim-like on this board. There will be competitions and shows, skill and injury. Different from sim sites, this adopt is a little more relaxed. And it is entirely free, no paying to get stuff. We have here Ascallions as currency, which you earn without giving me stuff. The Ascorian Warmblood breed is always looking for improvement, so if there are any glitches at all it would be wonderful of you to inform me via PM.
Last edited by adheline on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:31 am, edited 22 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♠ Breed Features ♠

Postby adheline » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Common coat colours include black, bays, and chestnut. Variation from these bases are more usual than the simple coats themselves, the breed having more recorded blood bays than standard. Flaxen and liver genes are uncommon, but not rare to see, as well as creams. Chestnut horses with both flaxen and liver genes are prized for their value in show. Dappling and roan are rare, but have been known to occur and are well sought after as valuable. Appaloosa markings have never been present.

Skill
A horse's skill is used to determine their ability to place in competition, as well as value them for the purpose of breeding. A foundation horse will have anywhere from 10-15 skills to start out with, while foals will have the average of its parents. Skill can be added to your warmblood by a number of means.

• First, tack. At the shoppe, tack can be purchased with Ascallions to equip to your horse and add skill. Different tack have different skill values, and this adds permanantly to your horse. Tack cannot be removed, however it can be upgraded (not downgraded).
  • The second means of adding skill is by training. By writing and drawing (you may not order any art, it should be done by yourself) you can boost your horse's skill value up to 19 points. 100 words total is 2 skills, ans 200 total words is 3, 300 is 4, and so on. You may write up to 1000 words for a skill boost of 11. You are also allowed one uncoloured drawing, worth 3 points, and one coloured for 5. These must be full bodied. All writing and drawing must pertain to some sort of training or interaction. These are to be posted to the horse's oekaki page.
  • The third and final way of adding skill to your warmblood is by competition. Just for entering a competition your horse gains one skill point. Placing third earns the horse and additional skill, second earns two additional skills, and winning first gains three additional skills.

Aesthetics
A horse's aesthetics are essentially its beauty, also a key factor in horse value and is a subject divided into two factions. A warmblood's visual beauty is based on coat and can be added to with certain methods. Visual beauty does not pass down to the foal in any way other than the coat. Build beauty cannot be added to, and ranges from 10-15 on a foundation with a foal having the average of its parents.

• The first way of adding to a horse's visual aesthetics is by purchasing ribbons and other show accessories with ascallions. Each accessory adds a different amount of points, and add permanently to your horse's aesthetics. These also cannot be removed, but can be changed and upgraded (not downgraded).
  • Visual beauty can also be added to with art. You can write or draw about grooming and interacting with your horse (you cannot order) for a total maximum of 4 aesthetics. You may write 100 words for an addition of 2 aesthetics, and draw any style full body for another 2. These are to be posted to your horse's oekaki page.
  • Finally, show competitions also add aesthetics to your warmblood's permanent count. Each entry adds 1 visual aesthetic, and placing adds additionally. Third wins one extra aesthetic, second earns two, and first earns three.
Last edited by adheline on Fri May 27, 2016 10:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♠ Staff ♠

Postby adheline » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Owner:
Striped~Hatter
Nicknames: Hatter, whatever you can think of.
Favorite Horse Coat: Black Roan
Edgar Allan Poe wrote: "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."

Artists:
Aesir
Nicknames: Luce
Favorite Horse Coat: Varnish Roan Appy (Any Base)
Mahatma Gandhi wrote: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

ghost queen.
Nicknames: ghost, ghostie, ghast
Favorite Horse Coat: light colored duns
"fire" - bts wrote: "Just live how you want; your life is yours."

Moderators:
iStarz & Everly
Nicknames: Starz or Starry
Favorite Horse Coat: Flaxen Apricot (Pearl) Dun
Rafiki -TLK wrote: "Ah, yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it. You can either run from it, or learn from it!"

overcaffienated.
Nicknames: caf/caff
Favorite Horse Coat: Bright Bay
unknown wrote: "Within each other they found home."

RazzBerry
Nicknames: caf/caff
Favorite Horse Coat: Silver (bay, dapple, etc)
EmSlough wrote: "Every moment we experience, every instant that we live in, we're creating our own history. It doesn't define us. But it shapes us."
Last edited by adheline on Sun May 29, 2016 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♠ Mod Search ♠

Hey there, I'm here looking for three mods to regulate the breed. They must have a complete understanding of the breed and how it works, so in order to be hired you'll have to answer some questions for me. You have two chances, but those who get it all right the first try are more likely to be accepted.

Here's what you get for being hired:
-Three customs worth up to 9 Aesthetics by any artist
-10,000 Ascallions

Thank you, everybody, for applying. c: I'll leave this up for just a bit longer as a reference.
Last edited by adheline on Thu May 26, 2016 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♠ Coats/Aesthetics ♠

Here's a list to all the coat/aesthetics conversions. c:
If you don't see something, let me know and I'll place it up here.

All of these are visual aesthetics, and do not affect build.

2 Aesthetics
Bays
'Browns'
Chestnut/Sorrel
Black

4 Aesthetics
Greys
Buckskin
Champagne
Palomino
Perlino
Cremello
Smoky Cream
Smoky black
Duns
White
Flaxen Chestnut
Liver Chestnut

9 Aesthetics
Flaxen Liver Chestnut

12 Aesthetics
Roans
Dappling

20 Aesthetics
Brindle
Chimera

Not Present
Appaloosa
Markings and Traits

Sabino and Rabicano follow Aesthetics of base coat (Even when extreme)

Pangare has no affect on aesthetics

Gulastra plume adds one aesthetic to base coat

Rare Traits

Manchado has a 5% chance of passing on to offspring

Chimeric had a 5% chance of passing on to offspring

Extra Info

Eyes will always be real horse-colour eyes
Last edited by adheline on Sat May 28, 2016 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ascorian Warmbloods // FAQ

Postby adheline » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:36 am

Any questions asked that I feel as though may be popular will be added and answered up here.

Is this a unlimited adopt or is there a limit to how many we can adopt?
-Unlimited, you may own as many Warmbloods as you find reasonable.
Last edited by adheline on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ascorian Warmbloods // posting now open

Postby adheline » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:58 am

Now that this is mostly set up, The Opening Event is open, where you can order free semi-customs.
Once some horses are out in circulation, the breed can be fully initiated and competitions and all that will open.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ascorian Warmbloods // posting now open

Postby trees |-/ » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:02 pm

mark
trees |-/