Where the Legends Gather

"Where the Legends Gather" by jillybean711

Dressup entry

Where the Legends Gather

Postby jillybean711 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Yep, I don't have much else to say, tbh. XD I had fun with this one, adding a variety of different creatures and objects to represent old Irish legends and the like: Here's the key to what they mean:

Snake: It's a reference to how Saint Patrick, chased out all the serpents, including dragons, out of IReland, which is why St Patrick's is celebrated.
Cait Sidhes: Pretty self-explanatory. They were witches from celtic mythology said to be able to shift into a cat 8 times, and on the 9 one, they'll remain as a cat until the end of their lives. They were described as always being a black cat, with green eyes, and a white spot on their chest. Many think this is the origin of how people think cats have nine lives.
Horse: This is a reference to how much the Celtic and Irish, especially; love and adore horses so much.
Elf: Pretty self-explanatory as well, they were magical beings that looked like humans, but had pointed ears instead, often roaming forests.
Foxes: I believe in mythology, if my memory is correct, they were messangers of the gods, or maybe it was crows, I forgot. XD
Ghost(Banshee): This one is supposed to be a Banshee, a female creature out of Irish and Celtic mythology that would scream whenever a person was about to sadly die, and in screaming, they attempt to get help for those that are about to be deceased. So they are actually good and nice ghosts, not evil like many think.
Squash: In Irish lore, there was a really mischievous man named " Jack," He was so evil, even down below, they didn't want him. So he was forever cursed to roam Ireland carrying a hollow squash with a face carved into it. Yes, this was the origin of Jack o Lanterns. x3
Grassy Landscape: About a century ago, the majority of the Irish were very poor, often doing the dirty work for other people. They provided food for the hierarchy, making them farmers. However, the only vegetable the hierarchy didn't want, were potatoes! Which is why we love them so much, along with bread. x3 But the point is, Ireland is made up of countless fields and farms, even today.
jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me