Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

"Can you hear me?" by >> Leafstorm515

Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

"Can you hear me?"

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry
For everything that I've done
But when I call you never
Seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly
Doesn't tear you apart anymore

Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town
Where nothing ever happened?

It's no secret
That the both of us
Are running out of time

So hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry
For everything that I've done
But when I call you never
Seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly
Doesn't tear you apart anymore

Ahhh so I finally thought out Nikita's past. (Previous art/information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2920806
Soo now I'm gonna type it all out.
Synopsis of the basic story plot:
Around a hundred years ago, societies moral compass declined so much that scientific experimentation
began on humans and eventually led to the formation of a sub-human race- a race categorized by merging
human features with that of animals. At first, these creations merged perfectly with basic human government,
but around 140 years after their creation, the government radically shifted and became an elitist group that
was seeking to become the only species that had any human like qualities. So the ruling class banned and exiled
all the mutts, as they came to be known. But then they became obsessed with the sick mission of eradicating the
mutated kind from the earth, so they opened an 'Open Season' on them which is literally like a hunting season
with rewards (monetary, mostly) for those who killed and hunted these mutts. The story isn't set in any time
period, its more open and ambiguous to suggest that it could have happened in the past, or is futuristic. A war rages
on between the government and the mutations, the mutations led by a war lord named Nikita. This is her little blurb
of story haha
Nikita wasn't born to the name Nikita. Her name was Vitani, and she was born to a century's old
king and queen who were descendant from the first mutations that the scientists originally
produced. They ruled over a small province that would have been located in Russia, but for the
sake of my fictional story it remains unnamed. They were a well respected family and actually had
good connections and trade with the previous 'human' ruling structure. But after the ban, they became
hostile towards each other and eventually the human elite class attacked the kingdom/royal house after
promising a truce. This took place when Vitani, as she was then known, was very small. Her parents were
taken to be used as bait and eventually killed for treason. Then the hunting season opened, and the actual war
began. Vitani grew up in the middle of it, wise beyond her years as she lived with various other mutts in hiding.
She grew to loathe and hate the purebloods with a fiery and dangerous passion, and on the eve of her 17th birthday
met a hunting party that tried to burn her alive. Severely injured, Vitani launched into a rage and mercilessly killed
those hunting her as revenge. It took her many weeks to heal, and almost 40% of her body was burned and scarred
from the encounter. She is the master mind who formulated the resistance against the onslaught of the human ruling
class. She literally became a war lord and criminal overnight, eliminating the hunting parties with the same viciousness
that the human's were trying inflict on her kind. She is cold-hearted and has little remorse for anything, and shows
very little emotion other than anger and murderous delirium. She took the name Nikita to cut her final ties with her
royal family to avoid any thoughts that she was weak or actually the queen that she was after her family was murdered.

Annnd finally an explanation of the picture:
Nikita loses a massive amount of soldiers/friends/mutts in a battle against a group of humans that
goes horribly wrong when she misjudges the weapons that the humans have. A careless mistake that
she made in a rash and vengeful judgment. She's heartbroken and anguished and for a pure moment
of weakness she digs out the dress she would have worn on her coronation day, throws it on and takes
her crown. But she can't bring herself to put it on her head. She just stands there and feels the remorse
of everything she's done and the crushing pain of a life that she didn't deserve.

SO MUCH SADNESS aaaahhh I still haven't actually decided on a full plot. It will likely be a sad story,
because that's how history usually plays out. If you haven't guessed, I took a lot of parallel's from
history to use in this. <3 Its just a project I should eventtuuually work harder on.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me