Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

x revamp sketch/concept dump by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

x revamp sketch/concept dump

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:49 am

my headphones are dying again dammit

checks with exclamation marks are things that have already been implemented/have been canon for a while now, plain old checks are ones that are now being implemented, and anything else is stuff that im not sure about yet

im adding more pisces stuff / traits from fef/meenah and such since both my sun and moon zodiac sign are pisces
might see if i can get away with a trait or two from gamzee/kurloz and/or aradia/damara since aries is my ascending/rising sign and capricorn is my midheaven sign
speaking of capricorn and gamzee, of course two days after i learn my midheaven zodiac is capricorn, i learn that faygo actually doesnt taste too bad
so thats the gamzee trait squeezed in right there
though i suppose all the purple could also count idk

okay so an explanation on the revamp stuff i guess cause im also kinda like aranea and just want to explain all the stuff about my characters lmao
and i will go on at length about just about any topic i know enough about if you dont stop me

the horns are based off of tavros's and feferi's/meenah's since my personality troll is tavros and my zodiac troll is feferi/meenah and i feel like i also kinda fit the peixes twins
the necklace is my 'main' zodiac
the tiara thing would also be a reference to pisces and fuchsia bloods being royalty, and the fact that i am the true god of my universe im not the condesce though
but maybe i should start making fish puns anyway idk
quaking would kill me so fast

the watch is a recolor and redesign of my my own watch, which is green with the silver band things and of course without the added spikes to make it look like a pisces thing. the only reason im not sure if i want to implement this yet is because idk how well i could draw it consistently
the fins are a reference to both pisces and the seadweller bloods [violet and fuchsia] and the tail is just the fact that my sign is pisces
she also now has gills but i completely forgot to add them whoops
the tail is also razor sharp though so beware
the floaty heart thing is a sort of reference to the animated version of Ghost by Mystery Skulls and serves a sort of similar purpose i suppose. the glow and number of cracks in it change according to how im feeling i guess? idrk how to explain it that well
the eyepatch is a reference to undyne from undertale since my friends say i would be undyne, a reference to the fact her name is x, and just to hide her eye since honestly using the pupil as the center of the x gets really old really fast when youre trying to draw it
the purple flame powers are a reference to tavros and the whole sick fires thing, though i guess it doubles as a reference to vriska with the irons in the fire thing
also as an added ability, when she sneezes/coughs its now fire
brings a whole new meaning to sneeze of doom
ive also been contemplating changing her outfit around a bit but im still not sure how i want to do it

might also change her last name
maybe something along the lines of neixeram or something idek

also may or may not change her blood color, since there was one time i drew her as a fuchsia blood and my sign is pisces, but i dont want to completely change her blood color from one to the other so i may just change the shade or try to find a color more in between bronze and fuchsia idk
or i could just make her blood purple and be done with it

TLDR: pretty much im a fish and the changes to X reflect this fact
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me