Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ekedarian Wolf - Closed for now by King of Crows

Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ekedarian Wolf - Closed for now

Postby King of Crows » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

The Ekedarian Wolf, also called the Eked, is a large, powerful beast descending from the dire wolf. For only a century now humans have been rearing Eked pups and training them to be war mounts, hunting partners, and family companions. If you work at it you can earn the undying loyalty of these creatures, and they will be your steadfast companion for as long as they live.

These are the official rules for this adoption center and species. Failure to follow said rules will result in being banned from owning or adopting any Ekeds.
  • Respect the creator, artists, and mods as authorities. Respect other users as human beings and treat everyone kindly.
  • Do not steal or claim an Ekedarian wolf that you do not own.
  • If you put art of your Ekedarian on another website you must give credit to Perocore and the designer.
  • Do not upload the official ref anywhere without first gaining the artist's permission.
  • You may own as many Ekeds as you can win...however please do not try out for an Eked unless you truly love that particular wolf. Give everyone a chance.
  • Do not claim/duplicate/trace/steal the species or artwork.
  • Do not harass the staff to create more Ekeds, do not beg for customs, and do not spam any Eked related topic with unrelated comments.
  • If you have any questions at all, please ask!
    XXXRules are subject to change!

R.I.P.
Here lies Pero's Hand
Last edited by King of Crows on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About

Postby King of Crows » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Human silhouette - X

The Ekedarian Wolf is a massive creature native to areas of Northern Europe and Asia, standing at just under 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) at the shoulders, and weighing in at roughly 362.9 kg (800 pounds). They are muscular, powerful wolves with especially strong necks. They are unusual from other wolves as they sport quills at their shoulder blades, and a pair of sturdy ram-like horns. As they are built to be able to use their horns they have very strong, flexible spines which makes it possible for them to bear quite a bit of weight- including that of humans. An Eked must be very accustomed to being ridden, though, as they must flatten their quills and allow a saddle to be placed over them to be safe to ride. They do not have endurance or speed like that of a horse, but they make powerful, reliable mounts nevertheless.

Like most canines, Ekeds are primarily carnivorous. However they do tend to include small amounts of other things in their diet such as vegetables and fruits on the rare occasion. In the wild they hunt in packs consisting of two alphas and their families. Together as a pack they take down prey such as bison, elk, asses, boars, deer, moose, seals, and such. If hungry enough they will often go after their relatives gray wolves, and will even on rare occasion will go after tigers. They seem to only hunt when they need to eat, and will often consume large quantities in order to regurgitate some later if there are pups back at the den.

In captivity they form dog-like pack bonds with their humans and other animal companions, in which they recognize the human as the head of their pack, and will generally accept any creature that the humans do as part of the pack. They do best on a diet consisting of whole bone-in meat, whole rabbit and poultry being popular choices. They can also eat a calorie-dense, protein rich commercial diet.

As they are evolutionary designed to travel long distances at a time without wearing out, Ekeds kepts as companions need a large amount of exercise or else they may turn towards destructive behavior such as destroying furniture, senseless howling and barking, and even aggression. A very large fenced in area does nicely, but they have a strong prey-drive so should be kept away from livestock, and have a sturdy, large fence or wall to keep them from running after wildlife. Due to their prey-drive attempts at training them to herd have been terribly unsuccessful. Employing them as military animals has had mixed results, as only certain individuals are particularly good at always calling off when necessary.
Last edited by King of Crows on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ekedarian Wolf

Postby King of Crows » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:03 am

Res
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:03 am

Res
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:04 am

To-Do List:
    Add more horns
    Nursery Lines
Last edited by King of Crows on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am

YAY YAY YAY!!!!

I LOVE THESE!!!
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasitic Rat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:12 pm

MARK